NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure with such a gruesome crime like this that LE would warrant footage from home owners. I'm sorry if you are a homeowner and deny LE access to any footage then you are subjected to a warrant, imo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wholeheartedly absolutely positively Agree with you but there are people out there for reasons that I will never ever understand that just don't want to get involved. I shared an experience in an earlier post about seeing 2 guys get beat up with bats by 3 guys ( 1 lives on my block) and it was bloody and vicious. Obviously not the same as what happened to Karina (may she rest in peace) but it was a brutal unwarranted crime that happened in front of a neighbors home with multiple cameras. Long story short owner would not release the video said cameras didn't work blah, blah, blah. I live in a close knit community and people talk so months later we come to find out the Only reason the footage wasn't released was because they knew the 1 that lives on my block and didn't want any trouble. They not only erased the footage but got rid of them and bought new ones. That kid still lives on my block and still does whatever he does with his friends. People do and don't do for reasons that we can't and won't always understand. Sorry for my last few personal experience posts.

Interesting. Remember how, in CWD,Chief of Det. Boyle mentioned the puddle and how Karina's feet were wet? If already a little spooked, Karina may not have had any intention of running the path, then she may have been grabbed earlier and dragged through the marshy section, to where she was found. Does that seem possible or plausible?

Pardon my reposting. Want to remember why Sallie22's comment made me consider the above.
I was replying to Lauranyc83, I did not hit the quote button. I'm telling you this because it seems my comment was so random. You have made a really good point. It could be she was dragged, by a stranger or someone she knew.

I was replying to Lauranyc83, I did not hit the quote button. I'm telling you this because it seems my comment was so random. You have made a really good point. It could be she was dragged, by a stranger or someone she knew.

Thank you, Sallie22, glad you did, random comments, whatever works, always helps. Keep it up. I appreciate that you are thinking it through and sleuthing here.

Sorry if this has been discussed before--does anyone have any ideas as to how she would have ended up on the path? Did she usually run on the street?
She ran the path with her Dad, but no one goes in there usually, unless you are fishing and going to the shore, selling drugs, dumping bodies, four wheeling, homeless and transients. Locals in the area do not go in there. But if she usually jogged with her Dad in there and felt safe enough to go in by herself, she would continue to. She may not have seen anything in the past that would scare her off. It is not a "park" but like I've said before I hope it turns into a beautiful park where everyone can go and enjoy themselves. They should rename it to "Karina's Park" imo.

Hi Everyone,
New here to WS.
Appreciate reading all the helpful clues and theories.

I think of Karina every day.

I am already a cautious New Yorker but Karina reminds me to be sharper.

I think she is saving more lives than ever.

I am strongly believe it is someone who was watching her. Whether they watched her for months, a year or only 1 day, they knew what they were doing. "They" meaning the scummy perp.

I would like to know if hospitals/clinics were checked out to see if anyone came in?
Also, there is something about that sketch that seems generic.
I hope the utility worker is as accurate as possible.
But also there MUST be footage somewhere of the guy in Sketch.
Whether traffic/stores/homes....

Don't think this is related, but Jamaica is not too far from HB.

Police arrest man who allegedly raped 17-year-old in Queens Park

http://via.pix11.com/LHRjM

Well, his DNA is in the system now. Wondering if his friends were arrested too? Thanks again Lauranyc83, for the information, even if unrelated. What's related just rocks.

They don't only have 1, but they will not release them all. The video was only released to hopefully freshen someones memory of that day who may not have thought they saw her but after seeing video may have remembered seeing her. They didn't release it so the public could find someone in the weeds. LE has gone over each video. The utility guy is most likely active with LE. There is no need for him to go public. I wouldn't. If I potentially saw a suspect and I am giving LE criticial information that could make a break in the case, I wouldn't want to be publicly known for my safety.

I honestly think the perp was on the pathway and came in through the belt parkway side and exited there. There are no cameras there besides a Traffic cam on Erskine St. You still can not see anyone exiting onto the Bike path by Spring creek park.

If he came in from the Crossbay Blvd side and went under the bridge by the shore and followed the path then he may be on Vetro's cameras, but he could also not be.

Here is a map where the green shows where a perp could enter and never be seen (even the shore line if by boat, but I don't believe he came by boat) and red where he would be seen by civilians and surveillance.
ad34b001d5f92a650d672319f9216d39.jpg
rsbm

Hi Everyone,
New here to WS.

I am strongly believe it is someone who was watching her. Whether they watched her for months, a year or only 1 day, they knew what they were doing. "They" meaning the scummy perp.

I would like to know if hospitals/clinics were checked out to see if anyone came in?

:welcome6:​

Great of you to pitch in. Everything you mention is poignant, and I agree with. I hope you keep posting not for those reasons alone.

IIRC, it was mentioned in one of the early MSM reports about the investigation that LE had checked with hospitals, but given the range of medical services available in the city, and the number of things that can happen to people, one hopes that if anyone provided medical treatment to the perp, they know to question the reasons for any injuries to themselves at least, and know to call LE.

Count me among those who don't see a person in those images - I'm not seeing anything. But I'm concerned about the blurred out part of the video. There are no houses on that side of the street, am I correct? It's the weeds. So....what is being blurred out?

Count me among those who don't see a person in those images - I'm not seeing anything. But I'm concerned about the blurred out part of the video. There are no houses on that side of the street, am I correct? It's the weeds. So....what is being blurred out?
The blurred part has a lot of white color to it. I assumed this was information on the homeowners home, ie "side view" or the homeowners name etc. I'm not sure, I am only assuming. My footage places time/date and location of camera in the top right.

Hi Everyone,
New here to WS.

He is probably on cameras somewhere. We all are at one point of our lives and/or everyday. But I don't think he is on camera that day entering the park on any side. There are no cameras (now there are however) on the side of the Belt Pwky and the shore. According to police, all cameras along the streets with homes were checked and no footage of anyone entering the park. He may have entered days before. Who knows. But I do hope they checked footage on all cameras located for prior days. I wonder if she went running the day before and if anything was caught then.

Welcome to WS!

The blurred part has a lot of white color to it. I assumed this was information on the homeowners home, ie "side view" or the homeowners name etc. I'm not sure, I am only assuming. My footage places time/date and location of camera in the top right.

That is what I think too. The camera my family and friends have typically list info in the top part of the screen. They need to blur it to keep it private.

I agree Lauranyc...homeowners info/timestamp is blurred out. Here are some stills of the video. FindHG now has me seeing all sorts of shadowy figures emerging from the bushes. If there were the camera would have picked them up. Tricks of light and shadow.
Shadows.jpg

I can say with NO doubt that is Not the case.. The day this aired on CW (which I didnt originally see because I didnt know when it aired or what station) the 4 o'clock news played the video in its entirety. I usually watch channel 7 abc but not sure if I watched 7 or nbc 4 that day. I dvr'd it which was how I was able to replay it a few times but deleted it after my hubby watched it thinking it would be easy to find online or replayed on the news. No original video to be found. CW probably now owns the rights to the video and maybe the news station screwed up showing the whole video. This is where my thoughts start running because nothing in that video gave away the owners info. So why are they only showing a few secs and why blur out something that doesn't need to be blurred? Maybe someone saw something on the original video and called in a tip and maybe LE are investigating it..

Not sure if this is relevant but earlier versions of the video had a Crime Watch Exclusive logo on the upper right corner.

I hope LE checked all the cameras in the subway stations, homes and stores around the perimeter of the park. No matter how near or far the closest ones are. Also, someone posted a satelite photo of a boat near the path. Is there a time stamp of when the boat was there?

I hope LE checked all the cameras in the subway stations, homes and stores around the perimeter of the park. No matter how near or far the closest ones are. Also, someone posted a satelite photo of a boat near the path. Is there a time stamp of when the boat was there?
I realized the boat has been there for years. It's abandoned and has graffiti all over it. Found this during my search on instagram of users photos of Spring Creek Park.

I agree Lauranyc...homeowners info/timestamp is blurred out. Here are some stills of the video. FindHG now has me seeing all sorts of shadowy figures emerging from the bushes. If there were the camera would have picked them up. Tricks of light and shadow.
View attachment 101423

Video used from here:
http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/09/...-jogger-karina-vetrano-moments-before-attack/

This is an example of what's there to see or not.

KV  ND 5.jpg

Screenshot 2016-09-15 at 7.17.46 PM.png

KV ND ###4.jpg

KV ND ###1xry - Edited.jpg Trying to focus in the central figure.

Good work FindHG.
From the first time you posted your thoughts a couple of days ago about seeing a man in the weeds during the video clip of KV running, I decided to watch the video without paying attention to what you saw and where you saw it. I instantly noticed the man in the weeds. I hadn’t bothered to even look in the weeds until you mentioned it. That being said, it’s either an incredible illusion, OR there is a man in the weeds. He does appear to be wearing a white or light-colored shirt, which seems bizarre to me unless this was not a preplanned attack by this man (or illusory man). The man’s shirt is so glaringly obvious. This ‘white shirt’ could perhaps be a reflection from something else, but it appears too deep into the weeds to be a reflection.
Video used from here:
http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/09/...-jogger-karina-vetrano-moments-before-attack/

This is an example of what's there to see or not.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Trying to focus in the central figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads