NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good police work. They went back to a summons in May of 2016 from a 911 call in that area.

All evidence links him to this crime.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Search warrant being prepared.

They believe she did not know him. No attempt to flee. He stepped outside his house and was put under arrest.

Does not work, lives home w/mother

Search warrant as we speak now

DNA links to both Karina and the Crime scene

What a piece of garbage. I cannot seem to find a mugshot. Anyone have one? Chanel, unusual name for a male.

Lives at home with mother. Most likely a chance encounter from statements he made. Not commenting on mental state.

What a piece of garbage. I cannot seem to find a mugshot. Anyone have one? Chanel, unusual name for a male.
Not yet, he has not been arraigned yet.

Appears to be chance encounter

No stalking

Gave very detailed account

Chief Robert Boyce ‏@NYPDDetectives 7m7 minutes ago
More
My thanks to @QueensDABrown, the community of Howard Beach, and the tireless work of the investigators in the #KarinaVetrano case.

Chief Robert Boyce ‏@NYPDDetectives 12m12 minutes ago
More
Chanel Lewis, 20, is in custody in relation to the Vetrano homicide.
https://twitter.com/NYPDDetectives

A law enforcement source said detectives zeroed in on the man after combing through stop and frisk reports from the neighborhoods near the scene of Vetrano’s killing.

The suspect was questioned last year after cops spotted him acting suspiciously in the area.

Detectives tracked him down in recent weeks and obtained his DNA — leading to his arrest, sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/new-...arina-vetrano-article-1.2964411?client=safari

So good old fashioned legwork and digging through old reports led LE back to the suspect. Kudos to LE for leaving no stone unturned.

his mother must have known something, I hope they question her intensively

“'Stop and frisk' is a controversial law enforcement technique that has been under fire by civil liberty groups. Critics say police stop innocent police and ethnic minorities too often. However, the technique allowed police to crack the Vetrano case, according to The New York Daily News.

Just two days before the Vetrano suspect was identified, New York police agreed in a settlement to 'curtail' stop-and-frisk in apartment buildings, the New York Times reported.

The Daily News reports that police zeroed in on the man by 'combing through stop and frisk reports from the neighborhoods near the scene of Vetrano’s killing.'”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/chane...acebook-photo-familial-arrest-record-mugshot/

Lives at home with mother. Most likely a chance encounter from statements he made. Not commenting on mental state.

Also said they would not comment on his social situation.

Which, makes me think there is something about his social situation to comment upon.

jmo

!?!?

Also said they would not comment on his social situation.

Which, makes me think there is something about his social situation to comment upon.

jmo

!?!?
I caught that as well. I can't find much about him. Also no social media presence, only an instagram. But not 100% sure if it's his so won't link. No photos on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member