NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just alert your own post if too late to delete yourself (edit gives delete option, but not for long).
Thank you. I went back to see if I could edit it, but that option no longer appears.

Wow! So shocked they made an arrest, and saying the DNA hit off her and the phone....there is no explaining that away. May justice be served, although it will never heal all the wounds left behind. Being that his dad is 70, makes me wonder how much dad could know about what his son is up too. And two muggings, would love to know the date of those, and if there were any attempted assaults that correspond with them or if KV's murder coincides with either of them.

And I know it makes no difference in the case, and doesn't change the level of sadness, but KV was really such a beautiful girl.

I am wondering if that was an old photo given to the reporters by his father. His father brought his diploma so maybe an old photo that he had framed in his house? I see similarities in the photos, makes me wonder if he lost his "baby fat" and that's the difference we are seeing.

Any beatings or muggings this 20-year-old may have encountered will not help him much in this case. If he knew right from wrong and is determined to be mentally competent then he will get convicted and get the maximum punishment, which is life in prison. He earned his way into prison.

Even if the assault was not reported to NYPD, there's either hospitalization records or not. CT of the brain or not. Reports of what he stated happened at time of assault or not (with hospital)

Any beatings or muggings this 20-year-old may have encountered will not help him much in this case. If he knew right from wrong and is determined to be mentally competent then he will get convicted and get the maximum punishment, which is life in prison. He earned his way into prison.

I'm not buying the mugging stories just yet. Could be Karina knocked him hard and beat him up, and he claimed he was mugged to explain his injuries.

IDK yet.

jmo

Even if the assault was not reported to NYPD, there's either hospitalization records or not. CT of the brain or not. Reports of what he stated happened at time of assault or not.

I'm wondering if Karina hit him with a rock or something????

I thought the case was wrapped up with an arrest, but I still have so many questions!

jmo

Richard Lewis said his son was a good student.

“He did extremely well,” the dad said.

He said his son was planning for a career in social services and received money and recommendations from his high-school principal.

Richard Lewis said he had never heard about the Vetrano case until Sunday.

“I saw it on the television this morning,” Richard Lewis said. “I’ve never heard about it. I’ve never read about it. Nothing at all.”

http://nypost.com/2017/02/05/jogger-murder-suspects-dad-says-son-is-too-peaceful-to-be-killer/

I am wondering if that was an old photo given to the reporters by his father. His father brought his diploma so maybe an old photo that he had framed in his house? I see similarities in the photos, makes me wonder if he lost his "baby fat" and that's the difference we are seeing.

I have to admit, I find it touching his dad brought along his diploma. He obviously values education and wants to have his son seen in a good light. Must be hard on the perp's family....violence makes for many victims. :(

From Elle's NY Post link:

<snip> &#8220;Chanel would never have gone to do what they say he has done. He&#8217;s never had a fight in his 20 years,&#8221; said the dad, 70, who brought along his son&#8217;s high-school diploma from Martin De Porres High School in Far Rockaway, Queens, to show reporters.

Hmm...here we go:

<snip> Starting just after Labor Day, Martin De Porres High School, a private not-for-profit special education school, will be relocating from Rosedale, Queens to the former Stella Maris High School building in Rockaway Park.

http://www.rockawave.com/news/2012-08-31/Community/New_HS_Opening_At_Stella_Maris_Site.html

He looks frightened there. It's important to remember that it is doubtful that Karina saw THAT "frightened" face when he punched her in the mouth so hard it knocked her tooth out. This was a brutal, brutal crime. He may be frightened for himself today but he showed Karina no mercy at all.

A few lapses in Dads story as well. This kid is supposed to be a great student...but he is not, to our knowledge, in any type of further education...at 20 years old. HE was he going to "become a social worker?" Was the tooth fairy going to grant him credentials?

He seems to have been lurking around the backyards of Howard Beach...does he NOT have a job? Dad obviously does not live at "home".,,so I question how much his "story" will really turn out to be accurate.

If his DNA ai's under her fingernails, etc...let's keep what Karina suffered in forefront of our minds.

He savaged her.

I have to admit, I find it touching his dad brought along his diploma. He obviously values education and wants to have his son seen in a good light. Must be hard on the perp's family....violence makes for many victims. :(

Me too, I'm sure he see's him as a little, innocent boy. I will say I was even shocked at how young he looked. Doesn't look like a murderer, and yes I realize how dumb that sounds. I will be interested in hearing more about this suspect, not that I will ever have a shred of sympathy for him.

since the photo orange shirt wearing man has now been removed from the NY Daily article I have removed it from posts here. The links to the article may stay. The photos of the accused from today may stay.

All is well. No worries.

From Elle's NY Post link:

<snip> &#8220;Chanel would never have gone to do what they say he has done. He&#8217;s never had a fight in his 20 years,&#8221; said the dad, 70, who brought along his son&#8217;s high-school diploma from Martin De Porres High School in Far Rockaway, Queens, to show reporters.

Hmm...here we go:

<snip> Starting just after Labor Day, Martin De Porres High School, a private not-for-profit special education school, will be relocating from Rosedale, Queens to the former Stella Maris High School building in Rockaway Park.

http://www.rockawave.com/news/2012-08-31/Community/New_HS_Opening_At_Stella_Maris_Site.html

Reminds me of a young man a few years back that was happy to say he graduated 5th in his class, but would leave off the fact that there were 12 in the class.:)

He looks frightened there. It's important to remember that it is doubtful that Karina saw THAT "frightened" face when he punched her in the mouth so hard it knocked her tooth out. This was a brutal, brutal crime. He may be frightened for himself today but he showed Karina no mercy at all.

A few lapses in Dads story as well. This kid is supposed to be a great student...but he is not, to our knowledge, in any type of further education...at 20 years old. HE was he going to "become a social worker?" Was the tooth fairy going to grant him credentials?

He seems to have been lurking around the backyards of Howard Beach...does he NOT have a job? Dad obviously does not live at "home".,,so I question how much his "story" will really turn out to be accurate.

If his DNA ai's under her fingernails, etc...let's keep what Karina suffered in forefront of our minds.

He savaged her.

Trust me, I feel no sympathy for the perp. But I do have a heart and can understand heartbreak of his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kooger12