NY - Leah Walsh, 29, Bethpage, 26 October 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read on another site that her husband had dragged her across some concrete face down. I am not really sure if it is true, however.

Meanwhile, Walsh's attorney, Karl Seman, has been criticizing police for the way they handled the investigation.

"Any confession that they obtained was done by tricks," Seman told the New York Post. "They focused only on him since day one."

Why does it always come down to this? Ever since the OJ sympson trial lawyers line up to call out police corrupting and poor investigation.

It makes me sick.

Question:

Reports said a passerby saw a man run from the focus to a yellow car. Who was driving the yellow car? Obviously there is some sort of accomplice because he couldnt have drove two cars at once??? Who was driving the yellow car!! This is driving me nuts!

ylime11 -- it seems he used the Focus to dump her body off the Expressway very early Monday morning then left the Focus on the side of the road (after letting air out of the tire) on the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway approx 2 to 3 miles from their house, and walked home. Once home, he then grabbed her purse and a bag of lunch leftover from Friday and drove his yellow car back to where the Focus was parked, threw her purse in the bush and planted the lunch bag in the car. It was then that the highways guy came by and saw him run, crouched down, from the Focus, to the yeallow car, get into the yelllow car and drive away. Thus, no accomplice was needed.

Meanwhile, Walsh's attorney, Karl Seman, has been criticizing police for the way they handled the investigation.

"Any confession that they obtained was done by tricks," Seman told the New York Post. "They focused only on him since day one."

Why does it always come down to this? Ever since the OJ sympson trial lawyers line up to call out police corrupting and poor investigation.

It makes me sick.

It's because that's usually the only thing they can complain about. They can't go after the evidence without looking like fools, so they counter the techniques the police use.

Most LE is very careful to dot the i's and cross the t's during investigation, especially when they get a confession. If they're focusing on the husband, it's because that's where the evidence is pointing.

This confession was not beat out of him, they said. Somewhere in the last newsday article, it said something to this effect. They have nothing else to complain about, and no matter how you slice and dice this one, he did it, he is guilty, and according to LE, should "not enjoy one nanosecond of freedom for the rest of his life."

:slap:I just love this statement by the def attorney. He may have confessed, but pleads NOT guilty and keep an open mind!:waitasec:

:(
fran

Police Say That Husband Confessed to Killing Wife

MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — The police said on Thursday that the husband of a woman missing since Monday confessed to choking her to death during a fight over infidelity and then staging an elaborate hoax to make it appear as if she had been a victim of random violence.

The man, William Walsh Jr., 29, pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the death of his wife, Leah, 29, a teacher. His lawyer, Karl Seman, contended that the police had made a rush to judgment and questioned the validity of the confession. “It’s obviously a very tragic time for both families,” Mr. Seman told reporters. “The bottom line is we’re going to ask people to keep an open mind.”

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/nyregion/31teacher.html

This morning, there were literally hundreds of cars going to the funeral home where Leah was honored this morning. I have never seen anything like it before (I live a few blocks south of the Funeral place, Gutterman's). All of the news agencies were there covering it, too. I said a prayer for her as I passed by- there was no way I was getting into the service- the line was around the block and there was no parking for at least half a mile around... I should have just walked. :(

Here is a link to the funeral info:
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-lifune1103,0,4313685.story

The last quote is ridiculous. :behindbar

I mentioned more info coming soon... I heard something today and before I even speculate, I need to make this connection first.

I know that William has a brother named Tom and a sister named Virginia. But:

Can anyone help me find out if William Walsh is related to a Richard Walsh (and also tell me Richard's age)? I am curious, and if any of you subscribe to those people searches, I'd appreciate you looking it up for me. Some of you know William Walsh's Bethpage address... I don't remember where exactly but it's in a post and an article somewhere.

Thank you, this is very important.

:slap:I just love this statement by the def attorney. He may have confessed, but pleads NOT guilty and keep an open mind!:waitasec:

:(
fran

Police Say That Husband Confessed to Killing Wife

MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) &#8212; The police said on Thursday that the husband of a woman missing since Monday confessed to choking her to death during a fight over infidelity and then staging an elaborate hoax to make it appear as if she had been a victim of random violence.

The man, William Walsh Jr., 29, pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the death of his wife, Leah, 29, a teacher. His lawyer, Karl Seman, contended that the police had made a rush to judgment and questioned the validity of the confession. &#8220;It&#8217;s obviously a very tragic time for both families,&#8221; Mr. Seman told reporters. &#8220;The bottom line is we&#8217;re going to ask people to keep an open mind.&#8221;

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/nyregion/31teacher.html

Unbelievable that we have another husband here murdering his wife and really thinking he'd get away with it.

This poor woman. Her students must be devastated.:mad:

This morning, there were literally hundreds of cars going to the funeral home where Leah was honored this morning. I have never seen anything like it before (I live a few blocks south of the Funeral place, Gutterman's). All of the news agencies were there covering it, too. I said a prayer for her as I passed by- there was no way I was getting into the service- the line was around the block and there was no parking for at least half a mile around... I should have just walked. :(

Here is a link to the funeral info:
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-lifune1103,0,4313685.story

The last quote is ridiculous. :behindbar

Ha! Gee you freaking KILL your wife and confess and people shouldn't question your character. This lawyer sounds like a real winner.

I mentioned more info coming soon... I heard something today and before I even speculate, I need to make this connection first.

Can anyone help me find out if William Walsh is related to a Richard Walsh (and also tell me Richard's age)? I am curious, and if any of you subscribe to those people searches, I'd appreciate you looking it up for me. Some of you know William Walsh's Bethpage address... I don't remember where exactly but it's in a post and an article somewhere.

I am on pins and needles waiting to hear what you have to say. I am not from the area and do not subscribe to any people search sites, so I cannot not help. But...still can't wait to hear what you have.

Ha! Gee you freaking KILL your wife and confess and people shouldn't question your character. This lawyer sounds like a real winner.

Yeah, but what else can he say? "My client is a real winner, folks. He spends weekends in Atlantic City gambling, cheated on his wife, choked her to death and tried to hide it by saying she disappeared". I mean if you confess, at least do the right thing and plead guilty.

I don't subscribe to any People Search sites but am anxious to read what info you may have. I did look through the photos on one site and there was a picture of 2 guys and it said it was his brothers.

In the article I posted above - they have a picture of his brothers leaving the courthouse - so evidently he does have 2 brothers. Can't wait to see what info you have.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porshasmom22
Back