GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why on earth would he say he hadn't seen the kid in 2 weeks? Why not just claim he disappeared that day or the night before?

I think it is because he was already under advisment of a lawyer. moo

Why on earth would he say he hadn't seen the kid in 2 weeks? Why not just claim he disappeared that day or the night before?

Probably because no one in his building heard the baby crying for two weeks. He lives in what looks like a two flat, and the 1st floor tenant would know when he last heard a baby crying.

The father deals morphine (or at least did) there is an arrest on record for it. Anyway, did he NOT deal to anyone in 2 weeks? Wouldn't that be suspicious to his customers? If your dealer just suddenly is "dry" and has a previous arrest record for dealing.. people start to talk and not in a good way. Suspicions would point to "He's a narc!" or something similar. Also morphine carries with it "dope sickness" and people who are dope sick are not exactly sitting around waiting for you to call them back.

I found it alarming that the grandparents grew concerned and they coupled with him are who called the lawyer. They did NOT call police right away, instead the lawyer contacted the police.

I find it so alarming that LE wasn't called immediately. This couple Imoo avoided LE purposely.....for a reason. Imo

"Police seeking out volunteers to help search for Baby Levon"
http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Poli...-to-help-search-for-Baby-Levon-211767581.html

It's good to hear they are planning searches and gathering a group of volunteer searchers! Hope they can find Levon fast. He could very well be in the general neighborhood. Prayers.

This guy, Jevon, has slipped out of some serious trouble before. He got an attorney this time. They need to find Levon, and not a word of help from Jevon. Cold.

Where is baby Levon?? he's been missing for weeks now. This case isn't getting much if any, national coverage but how about locally?? is it in the news everyday?

I know HLN did a few things about this case, unsure if they are following up. If this was my son - they would have to arrest me and detain me to keep from searching 24/7. There's just no way I couldn't spend every minute combing that house, porch and yard (among other things).

I know there was aerial work done but did they bring in dogs etc? Anyone know?

Yes, they did bring in dogs. They sniffed immediate area around house. I'm not positive, but think there was no hits.

"Outpouring of support to join Baby Levon search parties"
http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Outp...join-Baby-Levon-search-parties-211838191.html

"Sgt. Hauck says that police are researching what kind of instruction civilians would need in order to take part in a search for a possible crime victim. Of high importance is what to do if they come across human remains which would be valuable evidence at trial."

and BBM to point out who did the right thing and finally decided to report Levon missing:

"Baby Levon Wameling's paternal grandparents reported him missing last week. At the time, the baby's father, Jevon Wameling, said the child had vanished from their Jay Street front porch two weeks prior."

Yes, they did bring in dogs. They sniffed immediate area around house. I'm not positive, but think there was no hits.

ABBM
Thank you mittymick.
My stomach is in knots over this baby.
Again I promised myself I wasn't going to come to this topic and here I am.
There just aren't words to express my frustration and anger.

I thought about this all night and again, I truly believe there were no hits from the dogs because that baby was never on that front porch that night waiting for daddy to unlock the door and bring baby inside.

It's a convenient story but I feel the sooner LE and community disregard that story and start thinking/investigating the time frame of that night, or even the night or nights before, the better it will be for everyone.......maybe looking past that night and the front porch factor, they can figure out what happened to this precious baby sooner.

Just posted - the search dogs are there:

8254438E.jpg

http://www.uticaod.com/photos/x1466...-For-Clues-Of-What-Happened-To-Levon-Wameling

Oh boy. :eye roll:

Here's a pic of the dogs used back when the search started last week.

Nancy Grace discusses missing kids on ‘New Day’

Grace also raised questions about the disappearance of 9-month-old Levon Wameling in Utica, New York.

Wameling’s father, Jevon Wameling, allegedly did not report him missing until two weeks after he was last seen, and police told the Utica Observer-Dispatch they have found no indication that Jevon searched for him during that time.

Police said Wameling claimed Levon vanished from his front porch on May 29 after he left the boy alone briefly to unlock a door.

Levon’s mother, Amy Warney, was in rehab when he went missing. Warney’s sister, Tiffany Smith, told HLN her family believes there is more to the story than Jevon Wameling has said.

Jevon Wameling has not been charged with a crime at this point. Attempts to reach him or his family for comment have been unsuccessful.

Volunteers were being sought to participate in a new search for Levon on Monday.

“I don’t see the father anywhere looking for the baby,” Grace said. “He has not taken part in the searches.”

According to Grace, authorities may be waiting to file additional charges in both cases until they find the missing children or their bodies.

“These things take time,” she said. “In some of these jurisdictions, they have never prosecuted a murder case without a body, so that’s what they’re waiting on.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/0...ameling?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ABBM
Thank you mittymick.
My stomach is in knots over this baby.
Again I promised myself I wasn't going to come to this topic and here I am.
There just aren't words to express my frustration and anger.

I thought about this all night and again, I truly believe there were no hits from the dogs because that baby was never on that front porch that night waiting for daddy to unlock the door and bring baby inside.

It's a convenient story but I feel the sooner LE and community disregard that story and start thinking/investigating the time frame of that night, or even the night or nights before, the better it will be for everyone.......maybe looking past that night and the front porch factor, they can figure out what happened to this precious baby sooner.

Oh, I think everyone is looking past it already. They just aren't saying so hoping Jevon will make a mistake leading them to Levon's body.

I'm waiting to see if there is information released that cadaver dogs hit anywhere. Not necessarily only on the porch, but perhaps in Jevon's car, in the apartment, anywhere on the baby's things-stroller, car seat, blankets.

Multiple cadaver dog hits is one of the main things which ensured a murder conviction in Bianca Jones case, even though her remains were never found and are believed to be not recoverable.

Cadaver hit info may come out at trial, but I think at some point it will come out.

I'm curious of what items of Levon's can not be accounted for. What is missing with him? Those would be items to BOLO too.

Utica LE may have to reach out to other agencies for assistance on prosecuting a no-body murder case here.

I know NCMEC has provided assistance via team adam.

Here is another source of assistance which might be beneficial to Utica LE: http://www.nobodycases.com/

I want to see Justice for Levon.

Where are you baby boy ? They're coming for you .

Rocco LaDuca ‏@OD_LaDuca 7m
Oneida Co. DA: With many unanswered questions, too soon to talk about arrest in missing #Utica baby case #FindLevon http://shar.es/xskuu

“I hope this doesn’t turn into another manual on how to get rid of an unwanted baby and get away with it,” Marc Klaas, whose daughter Polly was abducted from a slumber party in California and strangled, told HLN cable show host Jane Velez-Mitchell during a segment last week on Levon’s case.

Based on the fact that Wameling’s version of events already has authorities questioning his truthfulness, Klaas said: “I think we need some prosecutorial chutzpah here, and they need to go after this guy and find out what really happened.”

But Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara on Monday said it’s too early to be talking about arresting anyone, especially without knowing whether Levon is dead or alive.

Besides, McNamara said, he hasn’t given up hope that police search efforts will ultimately find the answers they’re looking for.

“We’re at the very early stages in the investigation and it would be inappropriate at this point for me to discuss the evidence that we discovered or to comment on information that has been made public that ultimately may be utilized by us at a future time,” McNamara said.

“There are significant undertakings that all need to be done before we decide on what we can do criminally or where we want to go,” McNamara added. “I know people are outraged, but we are still looking for a missing child and I think we should be giving this a little bit more time.”

This case is reminding me of Kiesha Weippeart's case. The mother killed her 3 weeks before reporting her missing. There is a thread here (active) but I can't link on my phone sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back