GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking a lot of Levon's mother these past couple days. I hope that she can continue to recover and that she has plenty of support.

Thinking a lot of Levon's mother these past couple days. I hope that she can continue to recover and that she has plenty of support.

Reminds me way too much of the Ayla Reynolds case and we still are nowhere on that one. :(

I too will be keeping this mother in my thoughts. Hoping she has support system to hold her up during this time.

sorry for all the posts. I'm trying to gather all the info i can and get it on here.

Eta. Bigger picture

12918021-large.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/06/utica_police_search_for_child.html

Where is Levon?

Posted 2 hours ago on Utica Police Dept facebook

City of Utica, NY Police Department
**News Release**

Missing:
Levon Wameling, Date of Birth: 08/30/12, 9 month old-male and having blonde hair.

Last seen on May 29, 2013 at round 11:30 PM, wearing only a diaper. According to the baby's father he was taken from on the front porch of 748 Jay Street, Utica, NY.

Message to our community: Someone, somewhere knows the whereabouts of this child. This is not the time to remain silent or not get involved.

DO THE DECENT AND MORALLY RIGHT THING AND CALL THE UTICA POLICE DEPARTMENT; 315-223-3510.

WE WILL NOT REST UNTIL THIS CHILD IS FOUND.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=621212874557859&l=aa2a5b06c0

Maybe drug rehabs need to have nursery stations in them. How many mothers have to either abandon their baby or just refuse rehab instead? Those are both no win choices.

That would be an incredible idea but the reason that's not happened yet, is the parents in the rehab - need to focus on JUST themselves first. When they graduate - they can go into parenting groups. While there they can learn bonding and coping etc too

Family is kept away from the recovering addict during the darkest of times, so that the focus remains just that : focused on themselves and get the best out of it that they can. I think it's better the two things are kept far apart. I really do.

That would be an incredible idea but the reason that's not happened yet, is the parents in the rehab - need to focus on JUST themselves first. When they graduate - they can go into parenting groups. While there they can learn bonding and coping etc too

Family is kept away from the recovering addict during the darkest of times, so that the focus remains just that : focused on themselves and get the best out of it that they can. I think it's better the two things are kept far apart. I really do.

Bravo. Great post. Early recovery is hard stuff for some folks. If, say an alcoholic is in rehab, and not too enthused about it, having a baby there will be the perfect excuse to NOT focus in recovery.

I agree with all you've said . But if you are a person in dire need of recovery and you cannot go because you have nowhere safe to leave your child, then you have ZERO chance at recovery, right? So this would be a nursery setting where you can visit your child, but do not have full care of your child so you can still focus on yourself. I just cannot imagine being a mom and having to choose between the two. Likely if you are seeking recovery yourself it is so you can have a life with your children. My heart is just breaking for mom :(

ETA I guess what would be the most ideal situation is if anyone took a ' war on drugs' seriously ! I hear the snickers all over but you know what I'm saying. Drugs are everywhere and there is no way to escape it and it's the children of addicts who suffer much more than the addicts themselves. Soooo sad :(

Maybe drug rehabs need to have nursery stations in them. How many mothers have to either abandon their baby or just refuse rehab instead? Those are both no win choices.

Nursery stations might work on a step recovery program but I dont believe right off the jump it is a good idea.

Althou I dont know what you mean by nursery station ,as childhood development of children is not limited to nursery.

I am 37 and my mom is an addicted to rum. Just rum. I seriously believe if they stopped making rum she would be sober.

I am not sitting in a nursery waiting for her to get over it. Should other peoples children?

This is my first attempt posting on my blackberry, so please try to read past any errors...

I think it is a complicated issue, because I definitely hear what ypoure saying, but olso I think that if a person goes to rehab (court-ordered or not, makes no difference imo),s/he shouldn't have to worry about if the kids' basic needs are being met. Or who are they with, etc. Ha. Addiction is different for everyone and I guess it really depedns on the situation. I do think it is nice that it is available tho.

I haven't been able to sleep very well at night since I heard about Levon's disappearance. It brings back all the emotions and sadness I felt when I was following the case of baby Aveion Lewis here in Roanoke, Virginia. I didn't know Aveion or his family but I am very familiar with the area where he lived and died. Missing adults bother me but missing children affect me more. I cannot keep myself from checking WS to see if there are any updates on them, but as I'm logging in, my stomach always gets in knots and I'm scared as the page uploads, scared I'm going to see those dreadful words.

Nursery stations might work on a step recovery program but I dont believe right off the jump it is a good idea.

Althou I dont know what you mean by nursery station ,as childhood development of children is not limited to nursery.

I am 37 and my mom is an addicted to rum. Just rum. I seriously believe if they stopped making rum she would be sober.

I am not sitting in a nursery waiting for her to get over it. Should other peoples children?

Sadly, most people will never get over their addiction. Their future is death or a cell. :( I did mean more for tiny children who are 100% reliant on their moms and ONLY if there is no ' safe' place for the child to be. I guess the nursery could even be not at the same location and have no contact with mom, only be safe until mom's finished. It's just saddening to see these little ones left with "fillintheblanks'' .

I agree with all you've said . But if you are a person in dire need of recovery and you cannot go because you have nowhere safe to leave your child, then you have ZERO chance at recovery, right? So this would be a nursery setting where you can visit your child, but do not have full care of your child so you can still focus on yourself. I just cannot imagine being a mom and having to choose between the two. Likely if you are seeking recovery yourself it is so you can have a life with your children. My heart is just breaking for mom :(

ETA I guess what would be the most ideal situation is if anyone took a ' war on drugs' seriously ! I hear the snickers all over but you know what I'm saying. Drugs are everywhere and there is no way to escape it and it's the children of addicts who suffer much more than the addicts themselves. Soooo sad :(

Not to hijack:

o/t I'm a recovering heroin addict. I'm also a single parent. when I used - I chose dope over my kids and myself. When I went into rehab I chose my kids and worked towards coping skills and betterment for ALL of us. I had to do outpatient therapy and NA not inpatient because I couldn't find a person to stay with my children. I wanted recovery and I busted my arse to have it for both myself and my children. It's possible for anyone and not everyone requires rehab (I'm not a firm believer in rehab). I know I come across as harsh on this mother but I've been there myself and I know BS when I see it. I have 11 years in recovery, I was born addicted and chose at an early age to "try it". So when cases like this arise - I have my 2 cents to toss in but it's not without merit. I know what drugs do from gestation onward. It isn't pretty.

I agree. People in rehab need support. Not to be isolated from family like one would isolate a victim of DV.

Haymarket treatment center in Chicago has an inpatient treatment program for mothers with children under school age.

Athey Hall is a residential treatment facility for chemically affected parenting women and their dependent children. This is a long term, 24-hour day residential treatment model that provides the continuity of care and support for both mother and her children. This program incorporates distinct services and activities at various and different stages, or phases of care. These three distinct
treatment specific phases are individually planned and typically it takes approximately three to six months to complete the entire process
http://www.hcenter.org/programs/wmprog.html

There are mothers out there who do not always have child care so they can get treatment. An entire group would be denied access to recovery tools if there was not some kind of child care provision. I'm glad this is available. I wish it had been available for Levon's mother. Levon might not be missing if this were available to his mother. :(

I haven't been able to sleep very well at night since I heard about Levon's disappearance. It brings back all the emotions and sadness I felt when I was following the case of baby Aveion Lewis here in Roanoke, Virginia. I didn't know Aveion or his family but I am very familiar with the area where he lived and died. Missing adults bother me but missing children affect me more. I cannot keep myself from checking WS to see if there are any updates on them, but as I'm logging in, my stomach always gets in knots and I'm scared as the page uploads, scared I'm going to see those dreadful words.

(((((beachlvr0810))))). Aveion will always have a special place in my heart.

Jason Powles ‏@JasonPowles 19m
Utica Police say daily searches for missing baby Levon Wameling will no longer take place, unless specific evidence develops.

Utica Police confirm to NEWSChannel 2 that the daily searches for missing infant baby Levon Wameling will no longer take place, but the investigation into his disappearance continues.

Police have searched East Utica and other "high probability" areas for the past 10 days, since the baby was reported missing.

Utica Police Sgt. Steve Hauck told NEWSChannel 2, "We searched with helicopters, dogs and dozens of people every day for nine days and we're convinced there's nothing there that's going to lead us to this child. At this point, any future searches are going to be based upon evidence developed through the investigation."

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/UPD-Daily-searching-for-baby-Levon-to-end--212528801.html

I wish there was a reward being offered. Money may be good incentive here.

Is it known where Jevon claims to be coming from when he had to set the baby down on the front porch and climb a tree or scale the house to let himself back in?

There is just so little information in this case.

Praying someone finds this little guy so he can be brought home and given a proper burial if he is no longer with us.

Does anyone know if Amy and Jevon are still communicating?

So many questions, so much unknown info.......

Although the widespread neighborhood search around Jay Street has ended, Utica police Chief Mark Williams said other searches are still in the works to follow-up on leads that have already – and continue – to come in.

“We are always searching for Levon,” Williams said Friday. “Daily searches are not over with, however that large field search around the scene where he went missing from has been exhausted. Now, any future searches will be done on things that are case specific.”

Williams acknowledged police will have to “make our own breaks in this case,” so he urged anyone who has any information about Levon’s whereabouts to not keep it secret it anymore.

“There’s someone somewhere, or multiple people, who knows what happened to this kid, and this is not the time to remain silent and not get involved. They need to do the right thing,” Williams said. “Like any investigation, we’d love to just be able to close the case tomorrow, however this is not one of those cases.”

http://www.uticaod.com/features/x1220217685/Levon-search-to-now-rely-on-specific-tips#ixzz2Wt9ZqLKj

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons
Back