GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, so baby missing since May 29th. Dad in jail since June 7th. When did mom check in at rehab?

Hi kseal - that article is actually a couple of years old. No evidence that he's been in jail recently. Although at this point I wouldn't be surprised...

What does scaling his home mean? And when was the last time the child was seen by someone other than the parents?

What does scaling his home mean? And when was the last time the child was seen by someone other than the parents?

Think spiderman. WHy would anyone climb up or down the outside of their home like that unless they were practicing to do it to another building?

And why would someone do that to another building, except illegal reasons (from peeping tom to breaking and entering, or what have you) ?

strange fellow. almost like a schizophrenic with a baby.

According to the landlord... Jevon would "often lock himself out of his apt." ; I took that to mean maybe he got tipsy now and then, his gf locked him out, or whatever --- meaning he had to climb in a window . They are on the upper floor.

As to your second query , I have been wondering that myself. If the baby Levon wasn't reported missing for two weeks , when was the last time someone outside the immediate family saw him ?

I can't imagine NOT freaking out right away if my BABY was missing --- and I somehow doubt a person happened to be walking by that house and that specific porch at 11 pm.
And then just happened to snatch the baby ? A 9 month-old is not going to get far on his own.
MOO

Wanted to add GGE has a very excellent point ! Makes sense that he was scaling his own house for reasons that aren't good ones.
Again my opinion since I can't think of any reason at all to climb up the walls of my house ---unless I want a sprained back/ankle. But that's me.

Be interesting to hear what this Jevon is telling his lawyer.

Hello all I talked with Levon's aunt through facebook Tiffany Smith and told her about the forums here on Websleuths, resources and support. A place she could come for support to share or not and post pictures to get the word out if she would like. She was very upset about the judgement's she felt towards her sister on facebook. She and her mother are just beside themselves. She may be joining us.

Wow. Had no clue what that meant. Gosh I hope I dont see any of my neighbors doing that.

Good point, scaling the building to get up to his second floor apartment to get in a window, because he often locks himself out. .But.. is there no staircase to the door of his second floor apartment? I suppose he can't break into the door as easily as a window... ?

I stand by my "strange fellow" comment for now, I think.

I didn't see the link for the info on scaling the side of a building.... or I missed it due to 'sleep posting'.

Neighbors say father of missing baby seen scaling home

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Neighbors-say-father-of-missing-baby-seen-scaling-home-211271101.html

Now I am wondering if someone saw him scaling the building on the evening his son reportedly 'disappeared'. And now that I see this is a 2 flat, I wonder if the 1st floor tenant was home and heard or saw anything.

That 1st floor tenant might be a good witness. I think it is possible he might have seen Jevon disposing of the childs things, or anything that might contain incriminating evidence, clothing or household items......

Just more and more questions and praying Levon is found soon.

"..That 1st floor tenant might be a good witness. I think it is possible he might have seen Jevon disposing of the childs things, or anything that might contain incriminating evidence, clothing or household items...... "
SBM

Hope the authorities are thoroughly going through any trash Jevon has thrown out.
Also agree that the downstairs tenant may know if bio-father (?) was doing anything out of his routine --- going anywhere late at night , up at odd hours , etc.
Any visitors coming/going ?

Hello all I talked with Levon's aunt through facebook Tiffany Smith and told her about the forums here on Websleuths, resources and support. A place she could come for support to share or not and post pictures to get the word out if she would like. She was very upset about the judgement's she felt towards her sister on facebook. She and her mother are just beside themselves. She may be joining us.

I hope she does. I can't imagine the feelings. Prayers.

There is only one reason why you don't flip out when your kid goes missing: They aren't missing to you.

I'm hoping against hope that he handed the baby off to someone to keep the Levon away from the mother.

There is only one reason why you don't flip out when your kid goes missing: They aren't missing to you.

I'm hoping against hope that he handed the baby off to someone to keep the Levon away from the mother.

This was my initial thought too. Her family wanted custody, he didn't want to give it up, so he gave the baby to a friend or family member from his side. I hope we're correct and the baby hasn't been harmed.

This was my initial thought too. Her family wanted custody, he didn't want to give it up, so he gave the baby to a friend or family member from his side. I hope we're correct and the baby hasn't been harmed.

I think the request for custody was informal between Jevon and the baby's maternal grandmother and maternal aunt. We have not seen any indication they were going through the courts to seek custody.

I have a really hard time thinking it might be possible that he passed the baby off to someone else when the court is not involved in a custody dispute between Jevon and maternal side of the family.

Sadly, I do not believe Levon is with us anymore. :(

Neighbors on Jay Street in Utica recall loud nights full of music and drinking that often ended with the cops being called.

The man who lives in the apartment below Jevon Wameling's on Jay Street says he distinctly remembers hearing 9-month-old Levon crying back on either May 28th or May 29th.

Neighbors say Jevon lives a typical night life, coming home at 2 or 3 in the morning, often under the influence of alcohol. The neighbor, who did not give his name, says there were often complaints about the loud music coming from his apartment. He says that behavior all suddenly stopped two weeks ago, which he found odd.

Neighbors says the cops were called to Jevon's apartment once a week because of screaming fights inside the apartment. The neighbor says those fights ended back on April 10th when his girlfriend moved out.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Neig...-baby-Levon-crying-in-late-May-211316091.html

Search for baby Levon resume full-force today

Authorities have resumed their efforts in full force Thursday morning to hunt the streets of Utica for any signs of what happened to 9-month-old Levon Wameling.

Despite a morning of soaking rain, the search as already picked up where it left off Wednesday after police first learned that Levon’s father, Jevon Wameling, 27, hadn’t reported his baby’s May 29 disappearance for two weeks.

The search efforts with sniffing state police K-9 units began at the 748 Jay St. address in East Utica where Wameling said Levon mysteriously went missing after he left the baby briefly unattended on the front porch to open a locked door.

After spreading out from there, however, Utica police officials would not identify what specific areas authorities were focusing their ground search today.

“I’m not going to get into where we’re searching,” Utica police Sgt. Steve Hauck said Thursday. “Hypothetically, if this kid was killed and dumped somewhere, I don’t want to tip our hand where we’re searching so someone can go and move the body.”

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x2126340809/Search-for-baby-Levon-resume-full-force-today#ixzz2W6v2ZKze

Neighbors on Jay Street in Utica recall loud nights full of music and drinking that often ended with the cops being called.

The man who lives in the apartment below Jevon Wameling's on Jay Street says he distinctly remembers hearing 9-month-old Levon crying back on either May 28th or May 29th.

Neighbors say Jevon lives a typical night life, coming home at 2 or 3 in the morning, often under the influence of alcohol. The neighbor, who did not give his name, says there were often complaints about the loud music coming from his apartment. He says that behavior all suddenly stopped two weeks ago, which he found odd.

Neighbors says the cops were called to Jevon's apartment once a week because of screaming fights inside the apartment. The neighbor says those fights ended back on April 10th when his girlfriend moved out.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Neig...-baby-Levon-crying-in-late-May-211316091.html

BBM - so the 'girlfriend' might know something?

:moo:

BBM - so the 'girlfriend' might know something?

:moo:

I think the girlfriend mentioned is probably Levon's mom, although it doesn't really make that totally clear.

Doesn't sound like a terribly stable home for children to be in though. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back