NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to clarify since it took me a minute, that LC is Amber Lynn C. One of the first 4 Long Island victims.

I didn't want more confusion about names and initials and street names and I just want to :pullhair:

Most excellent find! Hopefully LE is following that (and other threads like it), in that the speculations are coming from ppl involved in the scene.

ETA ~ another curiosity. One poster mentioned that LC was notorious for robbing her john's. ( link ) As with anything, it could just be gossip. However, if it is not, then you may have just found the victim's "scene" (i.e., primary community).

Many have speculated, why did he call Melissa's family but not the others? What was different about HER?

When they say I wonder if Melissa "did something"... they are not insulting her or implying she did something wrong.

They are generally referring to Melissa fighting back... or being more difficult, more feisty, more tenacious. A compliment, quite frankly. Kind of like Rifkin's victim that broke all ten of her nails on his face, or the one that snapped off the gear shift on his car.

Did Melissa do something to try and save her life, that really made him extra angry? Or was he just able to find the phone number for her and not the others?

Thanks MsF! Exactly what I meant, but stated much better by you. Yes, I realize she was a victim and did not mean to sound thoughtless.

PS: As in every major case where there are multitudes of articles, they often have different info. I usually go with the first rendition.
Same could be said for first interview also known as first utterance in the field of forensic psych. The primary reason is that ppl will often blurt out the truth the first time, then, over time, a certain amount of rehearsal occurs, people embellish, and of course, the memory is not as fresh. So, you end up with discrepancies. This is not to say that new accurate details can't be teased out. Just that differentiating fact from fiction is much tougher. Another side effect of first utterance involves clues dropped during a lie. For example, a well-known marker of lying is that there are "way too many" details. Too much minutia. And that can be as important as the truth bc people will often unconsciously provide useful breadcrumbs in their attempt to deflect from the truth.

Thanks MsF! Exactly what I meant, but stated much better by you. Yes, I realize she was a victim and did not mean to sound thoughtless.
Was not your fault at all. It was my misinterpretation.

I don't know how we at WS can solve this or these cases when there is so much misinformation. You read one credible link and it is stated that the caller never said the girl was dead. You watch the video of the sister and she said he said she was dead. Yeah, in this case you go with what you heard with your own ears but there have been a wealth of information where there are several conflicting reports.

One day it's reported that AC and LI are connected; a few days pass and they are not connected--then they are connected again.

I will go with my gut. AC and LI are CONNECTED. So far at this point, I don't know what could make me see it any differently. The connection appears to be so obvious. I do think the FBI are planting and orchestrating information. I ain't mad at them but they ain't fooling me all of the time.

I agree, there is a lot of misinformation a lot of rumors, and LE is not being clear about things or really informing the public. Yes I know they are looking for bodies, but are they looking for the SK??? A lot of us live in this town and are worried, we hear the helicopters and we hope that they have a suspect and know what they are doing. This guy is sick and needs to be off the street before he does it again, because while all the cops are at the beach he could be busy plotting his next victim and relocating inland.

Another map..

opmap.png

Thank you very much for that map.

So Shannan went missing quite some distance from where the bodies were found. That makes it very unlikely she stumbled into the serial killer disposing of a body or anything like that.

Unless maybe if he was a medical doctor?

A doctor, surgeon, possibly farmer or butcher, maybe a military veteran who had seen violent death? A hunter used to processing his own game? I dunno. It just doesn't feel totally out of character for me. I think it would be done in an impersonal efficient way, the same way he might run the kitchen trash through a compactor. If there's any torture involved, I don't think the dismemberment is part of it.

I think that might be one way his dark side has broken through into his ultra-respectable world. Somebody might have seen him kill an animal -- hunting perhaps -- in a particularly ruthless way.

I had a dream last night that the murders took place because of "Four Square."

I have only seen the app in passing and know that it's basically global positioning.

My "made for TV" theory would be this:

Suppose these girls see a REALLY tech savvy john and he installs some sort of app that can track their cell phones. I know that I have Mobile-Me and I can log on to any computer and see where my devices are. I guess it's POSSIBLE to drug them and manipulate their phones, and have the app only be visible to him. That's my outlier theory, at the very least good script material.

Interesting app theory fashionella. Only problem with it is the app and it's uses could be traced back to the person prying?

To SeaSlug: how common is it to see and hear 4-wheelers on the beach at all hours and do people use a small trailer with the 4-wheeler, maybe to haul things like bait in burlap sacs? TY so much for the info!

Hi. I tried to respond to this yesterday but it took a while to get registered.

We have been getting 4WD permits every year for almost 15 years. It is quite common to see people driving on the beach at all hours of the night. However, I may be mistaken but AFAIK all of the bodies were found on the north side of Ocean Parkway while the 4WD beaches are on the south side of OP.

I had a dream last night that the murders took place because of "Four Square."

I have only seen the app in passing and know that it's basically global positioning.

My "made for TV" theory would be this:

Suppose these girls see a REALLY tech savvy john and he installs some sort of app that can track their cell phones. I know that I have Mobile-Me and I can log on to any computer and see where my devices are. I guess it's POSSIBLE to drug them and manipulate their phones, and have the app only be visible to him. That's my outlier theory, at the very least good script material.

The more this bounces around my brain, the less "crazy" it is. Considering the SK called Melissa'a little sister--one has to wonder how he knew one entry under "amber" in contacts would yield her being the little sister, he could have been on her Facebook.

"It will take investigators at least a week to analyze the images shot from the FBI plane. An FBI helicopter will be deployed today. It will also take high-resolution images of the island, where eight bodies and two sets of human remains have been found."

"Suffolk police divers pulled evidence from Hemlock Cove, but investigators haven't revealed its significance."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ans_to_take_closer_look_at_bird_sanctuar.html

Good grief. That poor girl. I'm assuming the police have known this from the beginning and held it back for reasons of the investigation.

This is such a sad story. The poor victims and families. I can't imagine ever receiving a call like that.

The more this bounces around my brain, the less "crazy" it is. Considering the SK called Melissa'a little sister--one has to wonder how he knew one entry under "amber" in contacts would yield her being the little sister, he could have been on her Facebook.

Maybe her sister's number was listed under. "In Case of Emergency".

Hi M_K, Reading your post, do you think if it was the SK who made these calls to the MB and SG homes would keep those phones or toss them after the call? I think Sherre said the Dr called back {or that was bad writing} so he might have called there 2x, don't know.

A cell phone could be a very sentimental keepsake for a SK who is targeting ladies of the night, as that is how they make their appts IMO

I honestly have no idea. I think it's pretty clear that he kept MB's phone for quite some time, but I've never heard of any other calls being made to the families of the 4 known vics. We have reports of the call made to SG's mother, but I'm setting that aside for the moment, because we don't know what has happened to SG.

I have a hard time believing our SK keeps anything of his victims for any length of time. But the reason I have a hard time believing that is simply because I have in my mind a VERY clear psychological profile of our SK. I can't seem to view him outside of that mental picture. In other words, I'm not able to view him as objectively as others here seem able to view him. I'm probably NOT the best person to ask. ;)

ETA: I will say that I think he keeps "souveniers" close by, but not actually in his possession. I think the bodies themselves are his souveniers. He passes them many times in his travels, probably gets a rush when he does, but doesn't dare hold anything to tie him to the deed in his physical possession. Not for any length of time, anyway.

JMO

Good grief. That poor girl. I'm assuming the police have known this from the beginning and held it back for reasons of the investigation.

This is such a sad story. The poor victims and families. I can't imagine ever receiving a call like that.

I wonder if the killer was feeling some sort of remorse or just taunting. It does seem she is the one that was different after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarleyMahem