NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the other entries are pretty straight-forward. The specific CVS addy is noted in brackets, so IMO someone just cross-checked the number against the addy, and "Oak Beach CVS" is simply their interpretation of that particular CVS location.

JMO

I'm inclined to agree with you, it's also the same research that calls "oak beach" "fire island" in a few places on their website.

I am totally confused by the phone log. Does NY mean Long Island. Are the NY calls being made in Oak Beach?

Nice analysis, sillybilly. I posted mine earlier (Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7), if you're interested in comparing. I had to reverse the times, too. I just couldn't make sense of the reverse order :p

I think she was flipping out for hours and the 911 call was only the, er, climax, not the beginning.

I can't find it now but I previously read that Shannen Gilbert arrived at Brewer's home about 1:45am...

I did find one report that does say she arrived about 3 hours prior to calling 911.

I am totally confused by the phone log. Does NY mean Long Island. Are the NY calls being made in Oak Beach?

I think it means the calls were made to a NYC phone number. MP's cell phone probably has a 917 number.

is it safe to assume that Gilbert probably didn't have her phone in her possession when she went to Coletti's home? that Brewer probably had it then?

For those who are confused, New York has a different system of political subdivisions than other parts of the country. Each county is divided into Cities and Towns (or townships). All land in a county falls into either a City or a Town. Suffolk County has no cities so the county is divided into "Towns" which include settled area and open space. We are primarily interested in the Towns of Babylon and Islip.
Within "towns" there can be Villages, which are settled areas that are organized municipalities that provide various services. Within Towns there can be "Hamlets" that are nothing more than names people call the area. Hamlets have no legal status; all services are provided by the Township.

It is possible for a Hamlet or Village to fall within two towns. In the Towns we are primarily interested in, the Hamlet of West Islip is partly in Babylon and partly in Islip. There is a Village of Babylon in the Town of Babylon and a Village of Islip in the Town of Islip. This sometimes causes confusion. It is not always clear whether the Town or Village is being referred to.

Because Hamlets have no "official" boundaries, there is often no general agreement on "name" to call a specific area. Neighbors may use different names to describe where they live.

The CVS in question appears to be on the Montauk Hwy, in the Hamlet of West Islip, in the Township of Babylon but they appear to refer to the store as the as the "Oak Beach" CVS.

I am going to keep your excellent post on LI towns in a file as it is most clear explanation of a truly confusing set up.l I grew up there and live far from the area now. But when I try and explain to people how it works they look at me like I must be mad. lol

is it safe to assume that Gilbert probably didn't have her phone in her possession when she went to Coletti's home? that Brewer probably had it then?

No. I believe she was running along still on her cell phone and they heard her screaming and telling someone to get away from her before the call went dead.

Random confused comments: The observations by the hobbyists were that no girl in her right mind would go to LI by herself to meet a john. If that is true, then MB must have been her driver. Since she doesn't know where she is on her 911 call it doesn't sound like she has been there before, so surely she would protect herself by bringing her own driver. They also mention that no john would want a girl coming to LI dressed like a hooker. So the pink hoody rings true. The hobbyists talked about "the two call" system. Reading between the lines, I am guessing the john calls the number advertised, she gives him a time and an address in the general vicinity of her apt. Then when he arrives, he calls again and she gives him the exact address after she has checked him out, or has a lookout check him out. I am wondering if there is a way this works in reverse when the girl makes an "out" call.

I was googling "CVS 460 MONTAUK HIGHWAY WEST ISLIP, NY11795, PH (name spelled out)" to see if I could find any connection. I didn't get very far before stumbling onto something unrelated, but interesting..... the comments under an article from Newsday. Some poster with the name "peterf14" has a LOT of information about some sort of corruption scam within the SCPD and the DA's office...

[...]

There are over 1000 of them now, and you have to keep "paging forward" to see them.
For those interested, this guy mentions something about some sort of sex trafficking op being run out of the Holiday Inn. Rather than slogging through the comments, check the google search ( link ) and click on the "cache" links. This individual claims they were with SCPD for 10 years. Even so, I would take what they say with a grain of salt as they appear to be a disaffected LEO with an axe to grind. Otherwise put, caveat lector!

Damned good question!

I always assumed that she did have her phone after she ran to GC's. But this phone log only lists one call to 911. The driver says she was on the phone to 911 when he arrived at the house. Either her mother or sister, who heard the 911 call, stated that SG was on the phone to 911 when she was forced into a vehicle. (How they KNOW she was forced into a vehicle, is beyond me) If all that's true, then it seems likely to me that SG stayed on the phone to 911 as she fled to GC. But, I've never heard GC say she was on her cell phone when she came to the door. And why does HE call 911 if she's already on the phone to 911?

Geez...now I don't know what I think. :waitasec:

IMO, the pharmacy call may have been for condoms and the call may have been to see if they were open. At that point, JB may have told her the name of the closest pharmacy and she may have googled it or he may have known the number.

Perhaps the subsequent calls to MP were to get him to go to CVS to pick them up.

All speculation, of course. But I can't imagine why else anyone in their party would need to use her phone to call CVS at 2 in the morning and so soon after her arrival.

Random confused comments: The observations by the hobbyists were that no girl in her right mind would go to LI by herself to meet a john. If that is true, then MB must have been her driver. Since she doesn't know where she is on her 911 call it doesn't sound like she has been there before, so surely she would protect herself by bringing her own driver. They also mention that no john would want a girl coming to LI dressed like a hooker. So the pink hoody rings true. The hobbyists talked about "the two call" system. Reading between the lines, I am guessing the john calls the number advertised, she gives him a time and an address in the general vicinity of her apt. Then when he arrives, he calls again and she gives him the exact address after she has checked him out, or has a lookout check him out. I am wondering if there is a way this works in reverse when the girl makes an "out" call.

BBM

I get what you're saying, but just to clarify, ALC was wearing the pink hoodie. SG was dressed in jeans, blouse and perhaps a jacket (if the mother is correct).

Damned good question!

I always assumed that she did have her phone after she ran to GC's. But this phone log only lists one call to 911. The driver says she was on the phone to 911 when he arrived at the house. Either her mother or sister, who heard the 911 call, stated that SG was on the phone to 911 when she was forced into a vehicle. (How they KNOW she was forced into a vehicle, is beyond me) If all that's true, then it seems likely to me that SG stayed on the phone to 911 as she fled to GC. But, I've never heard GC say she was on her cell phone when she came to the door.

Geez...now I don't know what I think. :waitasec:

Do you know when they heard the call? Because the reports back in December say the family hadn't heard the call.

I thought I had read somewhere that she was on the phone when she came to his door. But it was so long ago I don't recall where I saw it.

Do you know when they heard the call? Because the reports back in December say the family hadn't heard the call.

I thought I had read somewhere that she was on the phone when she came to his door. But it was so long ago I don't recall where I saw it.

I'm fuzzy on these details after all this time, DC. Let me see what I can dig up. BRB

The Gilberts claim the call was lost for three months but they finally got to hear the call.

Three words. Sounds like "I'll PM You".:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I wanna play charades too, please. :)

ETA: While trying to find that info about GC, I ran across this statement from JB:

" I’m innocent in this case, so I have truth on my side,” Brewer told 1010 WINS’ Mona Rivera. “I have no friends other than truth.”

No friends other than truth? WTH does THAT mean? Makes me think of his statement, "I've had a fortunate life." Guy is just...weird.

(Back to looking for the Coletti link.)

I've just searched thru all the past articles & videos...I can't find any that state Gilbert had her phone or was on her phone when she came to Coletti's door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo