Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Reannan.

Nancy Grace went on and on about Oak Beach making it sound like it's this glittering wealthy enclave.

It is not.

It is a neighborhood of beach people (who pay high taxes for their water view!).

There are no mansions in Oak Beach.

Most so-called "gated" communities on Long Island do not have a gatekeeper. Many don't have much more than a cute little hut at their entrance - no "gate".

I would be interested in knowing if there actually is a gated community on Long Island that employs a gatekeeper because that would shock me (except if it's in the hamptons, but that doesn't count).

There is a gated community with a guard right in West Bay Shore (about 10 minutes from Oak Beach): The Admiralty.

I agree, which is why I said, "if this is true." :D

Hi there, Shannan's sister Sherre did say the name of the person, a Dr, in her interview with that women's site 'Hear Women Talk'. She also listened to the 911 tapes with her mother where they heard Shannan say this person's name, and there are links for that as well. I just don't have any of them handy right now.

In the link grumpy provided:

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

The timeline/map "sources with knowledge of the probe" indicates Shannan was last seen at the southern end of Anchor Way where it intersects with The Bayou just north of Larboard.

??

Gee, reading that link I wonder if anyone has looked into her 1st trick of the night. Maybe he was obsessed or angry with her and followed her out to OB. It's just a thought, and don't worry, I haven't gone loco. lol

Remember that Sherre said after Shannan left Gus' house she knocked on the door of a lady. That lady told her she would call 911 and Shannan split.

We had a poster here say that lady lived across the street from JB. Maybe our poster was in error. I wonder if Shannan knocked on a lady's door at the southern end of Anchor Way where it intersects with The Bayou just north of Larboard? We all know that Larboard rings a bell, eh?

The beach community sounds pretty ghetto from what we've heard of the history and behavior of some residents. Not to mention having a serial killer dumping site nearby. Does anyone know if the elderly GC mentioned seeing Shannon getting out from underneath the boat she was hiding under or which way she went. I'm wondering if it were him she was talking to and saying "quit it, and leave me alone".

Update on Merrick Rd Murder (two links) They Arrested a subject. He is an Asian man wanted on an outstanding warrant VA. There is a man with the same name with a warrant out of Roanoke VA.

http://lynbrook.patch.com/articles/nassau-police-arrest-murder-suspect

http://lynbrook.patch.com/articles/shooting-victim-was-a-kind-hard-working-woman

Going to look up this suspect in the Virginia Court website. Still looking but it appears as if the warrant is a parole violation. Will look for original case.

The beach community sounds pretty ghetto from what we've heard of the history and behavior of some residents. Not to mention having a serial killer dumping site nearby. Does anyone know if the elderly GC mentioned seeing Shannon getting out from underneath the boat she was hiding under or which way she went. I'm wondering if it were him she was talking to and saying "quit it, and leave me alone".

From what I have read, he saw her get out from underneath the boat and run south toward Anchor Way, with Michael Pak following her.

From what I have read, he saw her get out from underneath the boat and run south toward Anchor Way, with Michael Pak following her.

Hi, I thought the first link we read about that had Gus saying she ran toward the trees. Where did we get she ran south?

Gee, reading that link I wonder if anyone has looked into her 1st trick of the night. Maybe he was obsessed or angry with her and followed her out to OB. It's just a thought, and don't worry, I haven't gone loco. lol

Remember that Sherre said after Shannan left Gus' house she knocked on the door of a lady. That lady told her she would call 911 and Shannan split.

We had a poster here say that lady lived across the street from JB. Maybe our poster was in error. I wonder if Shannan knocked on a lady's door at the southern end of Anchor Way where it intersects with The Bayou just north of Larboard? We all know that Larboard rings a bell, eh?

Scandi,

I think I know who the lady might be but it is all speculation. The lady I am thinking of lives on Anchor Ct and her son had a quotation in one of the articles back in December. He said something like "We saw her footprints in the sand". The son's initials are JC and the mothers initials are EC. I am trying to dig a little deeper and see if I can find more.

But if this is the correct lady, then SG ran from GC's house to this ladies house and then to Larboard. And was never seen again. "How could she be seen if she was missing" (Sorry I couldn't resist)

Reannan,

There are some amazing houses in the Oak Beach community.
Yet there are others that look like garbage dumps. It is probably the new rich money vs. the people that have owned there forever and the property was handed down to them over the years.

But the people that live there are certainly weird. I have a friend that lives there. She's not too bad but certainly loves to party. That appears to be the theme of the Oak Beach community. Party Party Party. I really think they all need to sober up and realize what they have living there behind that gate. It's scary!
I've always loved that big gray house on the ungated side of OB
There is a gated community with a guard right in West Bay Shore (about 10 minutes from Oak Beach): The Admiralty.

The Moorings in East Islip also have a guard

I'm thinking about what could get this person busted...what evidence do cops need to make a case...? even a circumstansial one...with no crime scene.

perp caught in act
electronic footprints
dna
other bio evidence
has victims posessions
witnesses
weapon or instrument of death
cause of death
footprints/fingerprints
confession

really , really tough...
just thinking about this aspect of an investigation helps me to remember how difficult a situation this actually is....

About MP's statements. He said he stayed "outside" Playin Online Poker and that after he couldn't find Shannan he Texted her several times. He also said JB initially called him to come get SG who supposedly wouldn't leave. Can one assume that LE has gotten MPs cell phone records and verified all of this electronic "proof" or evidence?

The same questions could be asked about JB's cell and or land line records. Some phone should show who he called before he and SG supposedly went for that 15 minute trip inside the gated community.

Update on Merrick Rd Murder (two links) They Arrested a subject. He is an Asian man wanted on an outstanding warrant VA. There is a man with the same name with a warrant out of Roanoke VA.

http://lynbrook.patch.com/articles/nassau-police-arrest-murder-suspect

http://lynbrook.patch.com/articles/shooting-victim-was-a-kind-hard-working-woman

Going to look up this suspect in the Virginia Court website. Still looking but it appears as if the warrant is a parole violation. Will look for original case.

Capri Motor Inn in West Hempstead, N.Y

Capri is one of the "no tell motels" listed on UGLI. Wonder if Alaya saw something she shouldn't have seen, or knew something she shouldn't have known (human trafficking, perhaps)? :waitasec:

Thoughts this morning:

ALC was a heroin addict. SG was known to use drugs. MW's (?) boyfriend was busted for drug trafficking, so I assume she also did drugs. I don't know about drug use wrt Maureen or Melissa, but I think it's a fair assumption that they too did drugs.

So I'm wondering...is there more of a connection here than just being prostitutes on CL? What if all 4 victims became "chummy" with someone in Oak Beach, not just because he paid alot of cash for a date, but because he could provide prescription drugs? Is THIS how our SK "wines and dines" these girls?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member