NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merrick road...couldn't figure out where I had heard of that location before. Then I remembered. UGers talk about Merrick Rd. ALOT!

ETA: Interesting to note that the new search area falls right within our "loop".

Hey MK, can you repost that awesome map you had previously done??? Thanks in advance!!

More video (just for the record) For a cameo snipet of the couple go to 2:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVd9fjkpZo4&feature=related

Interesting to note that in this interview, when the reporter asks, "Did you see her that evening?", Mrs. PH answers, "How could we, she was missing!". PH, repeats exactly what Mrs. PH says, just seconds after she speaks the words.

Then we have another interview wherein we see PH go into the house and leave his wife outside to speak to the reporter alone.

Make of THAT what you will.

ETA: Also, saying that you couldn't have seen a missing woman because she was missing is just about the stupidiest answer I've ever heard. Just saying.

Carbuff is the one who posted the excellent map. :)

Sorry MK and Carbuff!!! :blushing: You are both so awesome, I get you confused sometimes!! :crazy: Anyways - let me start over.... Carbuff, can you post your awesome map here in the forum for future reference??? Thanks!!!

Sorry MK and Carbuff!!! :blushing: You are both so awesome, I get you confused sometimes!! :crazy: Anyways - let me start over.... Carbuff, can you post your awesome map here in the forum for future reference??? Thanks!!!

I consider that quite a compliment. Thanks. :)

April 29th, 2011 7:15 pm ET
Cindy Adams, Crime Examiner

Long Island, NY - According to police, the latest bone fragment found by divers during a search for more evidence in the Craigslist Long Island serial killer case is not from a human.

After forensic testing, the bone found in the shallow waters of Hemlock Cove near Oak Beach was determined to have come from an animal.

Out of the ten sets of remains found on both Gilgo Beach and Jones Beach, four have been identified as women who used Craiglist to advertise sexual services. Authorities continue to work on identifying the other six sets of remains.

Ellen Borakove of the medical examiner’s office said “We’re going back to some of the unidentified people in our system to try to see if we can identify them, so we can notify loved ones if we have their remains… Hopefully… we’ll find out who these people are.”
article link

Interesting to note that in this interview, when the reporter asks, "Did you see her that evening?", Mrs. PH answers, "How could we, she was missing!". PH, repeats exactly what Mrs. PH says, just seconds after she speaks the words.

Then we have another interview wherein we see PH go into the house and leave his wife outside to speak to the reporter alone.

ETA: Also, saying that you couldn't have seen a missing woman because she was missing is just about the stupidiest answer I've ever heard. Just saying.

:great: re: the ETA

Ellen Borakove of the medical examiner’s office said “We’re going back to some of the unidentified people in our system to try to see if we can identify them, so we can notify loved ones if we have their remains… Hopefully… we’ll find out who these people are.”article link

SBM - I hope they are looking at Carbuff's list..... I would be willing to bet some of those indiviuduals will be one of the unidentified.

Her perception is that if the killer lives there, it will never come out to the public. They take care of their own.

Even with all the new info slated to come out (like the IDs on the 6 other bodies), sometimes I get a feeling that this case will never be solved. I hope I'm wrong.

Even with all the new info slated to come out (like the IDs on the 6 other bodies), sometimes I get a feeling that this case will never be solved. I hope I'm wrong.

Aleph, I share your feeling sometimes, but then I stop to think about the burlap! There is no way that burlap cannot contain TONS of high profile forensic information!!! Plus, there has to be an electronic trail of this guy!!! It might be Craigslist, cell phone records, or whatever, but there IS a footprint of this guy out here on the net, and it leads right back to him. It is just going to take someone savy enough to figure it out. I am confident that will happen.

Here is a map of the loop:

So, remind me why do we have the map with the Left hand side of "The Loop" going up Wantagh Parkway rather than Meadowbrook Parkway??? I am assuming just because Wantagh Parkway (hope I spelled that right), and Robert Moses Causeway form a perfect "Left" and "Right" hand side to "The Loop",???

Wow A forum? I was caught up then outside windows life got behind so I caught up there and now we have a forum.

Hopefully we will get an arrest tomorrow.

Knowing who these victims are will be a huge leap forward in the case.

Also the demotion of Donner (in practice if not in fact) may give the case some impetus. He never really impressed me as being a topnotch cop. Maybe he was in his younger days back in Ireland, but things are very different over here.

What sticks in my mind is..that LE interviewed him 3 times.
Even with SG's family saying he called them, it just seems like a lot. I truly beleive LE knows or thinks it knows who it is and they are building a case. Even if their is corruption ect, I find it hard to beleive anyone would cover for a SK.

So, remind me why do we have the map with the Left hand side of "The Loop" going up Wantagh Parkway rather than Meadowbrook Parkway??? I am assuming just because Wantagh Parkway (hope I spelled that right), and Robert Moses Causeway form a perfect "Left" and "Right" hand side to "The Loop",???

Reannan,

The reason I put the left side of the loop up the Wantagh Parkway is in anticipation of the search on Monday. I'm not sure where carbuff or others drew the left hand side of the loop. But I really believe that the FBI surveillance Black Hawk helicopter found some targets along the Wantagh Parkway using that high tech camera. And I think they will find something there next week.

I don't think the killer would dump along the Meadowbrook Parkway because it is too well traveled. Cars coming and going from Long Beach and Lido Beach via the Loop Parkway. Plus more cars on the Ocean Parkway traveling East tend to come from the Meadowbrook and not the Wantagh. The Wantagh Parkway is VERY quiet at night. And because there has been a lot of construction along that route in the past 5-10 years, a vehicle on the side of the road would be completely ignored.

I think the FBI Black Hawk Helicopter may be providing more than just "high resolution" photos. I think there camera will be able to tell you all locations where a decaying body could be found. Here are some articles regarding this technology:

http://kingstonprogressive.blogspot.com/2010/04/they-see-dead-people.html

http://facss.org/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/37823

http://www.chem.info/News/Feeds/201...-detectives-know-where-the-bodies-are-buried/

A related method that is currently being developed by the FBI detects living humans, and recently dead bodies lying on the ground, by recognising the chemical signature of human skin. It could be used when trying to locate and rescue people who are lost or missing, and to track down fugitives.

Kerri Moloughney of the FBI Counterterrorism and Forensic Science Research Unit in Quantico, Virginia, and her colleagues fitted a helicopter with a hyperspectral camera covering visible and infrared wavelengths in the range 400 to 2350 nanometres to see whether skin signatures could be spotted from the air. They then flew it over a specially prepared site where human and animal remains at various stages of decomposition had been scattered on the ground, and where there were also a number of live human volunteers. The signals it picked up showed a clear distinction between living human skin and the skin of long-dead humans and animals.

Moloughney says the technique could be combined with visual aerial searches and thermal imaging to pinpoint individuals in a landscape. "We hope it will enable us to find so much more than we can currently," says Moloughney, who also presented her results at the AAFS.

Underground heat betrays decaying flesh
So much for stone cold dead. Writhing masses of maggots can raise the temperature of decaying flesh to around 30 °C - and that heat signature could provide a telling clue in the hunt for hidden corpses.

Ian Hanson at the University of Bournemouth, UK, and his colleagues have been using thermal imaging to help detect the bodies of deer carcasses laid out in light woodland. "In many dead bodies you've got a maggot mass of several kilograms feeding away inside, and they like it warm," says Hanson.

"The police view has been that once a body has reached the same temperature as its environment, you can't pick it up with infrared," says Hanson. But his team has now found that as the maggots congregate into a mass, they can raise the temperature inside deer carcasses to 28 to 30 °C. This takes around five days, depending the weather.

When maggots do colonise a body, the heat they generate can be detected by infrared cameras mounted on police helicopters, Hanson has found. This could provide a new tool for identifying bodies in the undergrowth. "Once the maggot mass has developed there's a window of opportunity to find the bodies again," says Hanson.

Aleph, I hope you're wrong, too! The same thought has crossed my mind:(.

Wow A forum? I was caught up then outside windows life got behind so I caught up there and now we have a forum.

Hopefully we will get an arrest tomorrow.

Is that just a hope of yours, about an arrest, or is something cookin'? Hoping the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18