Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a map of the loop:

If you take out the locations of NYPA BT and The Bronx, the loop is absolutely perfect. I wondered about that alot in the begining...why the pattern diverged there, with those 2 locations. Now that we have more information, I'm convinced that the reason the pattern changes with these two locations is because those locations don't actually fit the facts. MBB and MB might last have been seen or heard from in those locations, but they weren't killed in the locations, imo. The were brought back to our loop...our SK's comfort zone. Whether he went to those locations and retrieved MB and MBB, or whether they came him in our LI loop, I'm absolutely convinced both of these two victims came to LI alive.

If you take out the locations of NYPA BT and The Bronx, the loop is absolutely perfect. I wondered about that alot in the begining...why the pattern diverged there, with those 2 locations. Now that we have more information, I'm convinced that the reason the pattern changes with these two locations is because those locations don't actually fit the facts. MBB and MB might last have been seen or heard from in those locations, but they weren't killed in the locations, imo. The were brought back to our loop...our SK's comfort zone. Whether he went to those locations and retrieved MB and MBB, or whether they came him in our LI loop, I'm absolutely convinced both of these two victims came to LI alive.

This corresponds with common SK behaviour. I have pointed out in my posts that it is very likely the SK killed his victims in the comfort of his own home.
This also ties in with the possibility that the victims knew and trusted the SK, because they knew his home.
Since the victims were picked up, transported and strangled (afaik), the probability of them leaving hard-to-get-rid-of DNA evidence (such as blood stains) is very small.
Cleaning up hairs, fingerprints is a time consuming, but not impossible task.
Getting rid of blood stains in a home is almost impossible, since stains can be seen with luminol, even after they've been cleaned up.

It has been mentioned before yet no one responded. Garden City is right in the middle of that loop. At the height of the breaking news on this story, a 56 year old man, living with and caring for his mother who had Alzheimer's, strangled her and then called police hours after sitting in the house with his dead mother and his failed suicide attempt. Upon research, this fellow may have relatives that have access to vehicles that are approved by DEC and which would go unnoticed stopped along the OP. That home and that man, it seems, ought to be investigated. IMO.

ETA: Loop, being from NYC to Jones Beach, Robert Moses Causeway and back to NYC

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here (if not, please delete) and it might be irrelevant but something to make a mental note of for future reference maybe. I came across a photo of someone who I am 99% sure is PH wearing shorts that show he has a prosthetic leg. I can't link to the photo bc I found it on facebook.

I tried my hand at actually producing a map ...bad job. But
if you add the following towns Oceanside, Rockville Center, Point Lookout, Babylon, west babylon and Oak Beach to the lower left quad. Then head east(mid island and add manorville, Riverhead(home of many Suffolk county county offices) you get an interesting vision.
The first 6 mentioned are places PH lived.
Mannorville..the site of several bodies

if you add the following towns Oceanside, Rockville Center, Point Lookout, Babylon, west babylon and Oak Beach to the lower left quad. Then head east(mid island and add manorville, Riverhead(home of many Suffolk county county offices) you get an interesting vision.

Do we know for sure he LIVED in those towns? I know he's worked in some of them, but I've never been able to find any info about where he's lived, other than Oak Beach.

But yes, a few of us have been watching that pattern for awhile. Each time new info on him pulls up, damned if it doesn't fit into that overall pattern like a puzzle piece. Is it coincidence? I don't know. But it's certainly odd.

So, remind me why do we have the map with the Left hand side of "The Loop" going up Wantagh Parkway rather than Meadowbrook Parkway??? I am assuming just because Wantagh Parkway (hope I spelled that right), and Robert Moses Causeway form a perfect "Left" and "Right" hand side to "The Loop",???

On my map, the top part of the loop is lower down. If you drew a straight line through Hempstead, West Babylon, Massapequa and Islip, that is where the top part of my loop falls. We have the location of the hotel in Happauge, which is outside of this version of the loop, and the right side of the loop certainly COULD extend up that far, but I'm inclined to believe this trip is an excursion for him. In other words, not a part of the routes he usually travels. That's just my opinion, though. It could certainly be viewed another way. Do a google map search of strip clubs on LI and notice where they fall. Right in that straight line. THIS is his stomping grounds, imo. And when he's done stomping, he travels back to the lower part of the loop for emotional comfort (home, dumping ground, the safe place he lives his real life). One man, two separate worlds.

MOO

Hey, I just thought of something. The last "Long Island Ripper" (initials RS) died in jail a couple of years ago. And his brother was also arrested for helping him dispose of bodies. In 1999, his brother was sentenced to 2 years in jail, so he has been out of jail for almost 10 years. He knew what his brother was doing and some people actually thought that he could have been more involved but his brother RS took the entire blame and saved his brothers backside. But I wonder if LE has look at the brother for the current crimes. Just a thought.

Link to our new forum:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=445"]Long Island Serial Killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hmmm... if PH is your target, I would find it very unlikely that if if he were in Riverhead - where there are acres and acres of undeveloped wooded land - that he would bring his bodies all the way home to Oak Beach, which is about an hour away.

Hey, I just thought of something. The last "Long Island Ripper" (initials RS) died in jail a couple of years ago. And his brother was also arrested for helping him dispose of bodies. In 1999, his brother was sentenced to 2 years in jail, so he has been out of jail for almost 10 years. He knew what his brother was doing and some people actually thought that he could have been more involved but his brother RS took the entire blame and saved his brothers backside. But I wonder if LE has look at the brother for the current crimes. Just a thought.

You just made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I've been wondering about a scenario like this, but I wasn't aware of any possible candidates. Rifkin seems to have worked alone.

From the beginning I thought of them. RS died in 2006 while in prison. Can't find anything about the brother.

Do we know for sure he LIVED in those towns? I know he's worked in some of them, but I've never been able to find any info about where he's lived, other than Oak Beach.

But yes, a few of us have been watching that pattern for awhile. Each time new info on him pulls up, damned if it doesn't fit into that overall pattern like a puzzle piece. Is it coincidence? I don't know. But it's certainly odd.

not that he lived there for sure, could be office property. But according to people search usa it's property that would have been owned.

Hmmm... if PH is your target, I would find it very unlikely that if if he were in Riverhead - where there are acres and acres of undeveloped wooded land - that he would bring his bodies all the way home to Oak Beach, which is about an hour away.

He is not my target. But there has been mention about possible LE ties and Riverhead is home to many county offices. I had just noticed the close promxity to the manorville site.

Bad car accident + prosthetic leg = unusual gait. I'm ashamed I didn't put 2 and 2 together myself.

Tip of the hat to ya, Hanlfa! :)

Keep in mind there are at least two and probably three PHs with connections to Long Island, and some of the people searches don't seem to be good at distinguishing among them. On top of that, two of the PHs are emergency doctors. The other one lives in Colorado/Utah area, but it looks like he may have studied in or worked at Stonybrook at one point. Very hard to untangle who is which.

Keep in mind there are at least two and probably three PHs with connections to Long Island, and some of the people searches don't seem to be good at distinguishing among them. On top of that, two of the PHs are emergency doctors. The other one lives in Colorado/Utah area, but it looks like he may have studied in or worked at Stonybrook at one point. Very hard to untangle who is which.

The hardest part is that there are 2 CJHs and 1 CPH. Apparently three generations of CH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18