NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel comfort zones change with experience. You get a new job, you get to know a different area. But what's interesting to me is what is not showing up. No north Shore, no east end, no north fork, no queens.

Is it just me (Maybe because I live Here) or does anyone else who is a local feel like this loop/mapping approach doesn't really apply to most Long Islanders?

All due respect, the areas being plotted are so close to each other that to assume that the SK would consider one area over another as his comfort zone just doesn't seem natural to this local. I was thinking about it this morning as I left my house on the North Shore in Kings Park overlooking the Long Island Sound and 22 minutes later arrived at my boat slip on the South shore in Babylon Village after a quick stop at my office in Commack. In that short period of time I travelled through FOUR townships (Smithtown, Huntington, Islip & Babylon), and TWELVE Hamlets (Kings Park, Smithtown, Fort Salonga, Commack, Hauppauge, Brentwood, Bay Shore, Deer Park, West Islip, North Babylon, West Babylon, and Babylon!).

comfort zone???

We are islanders. The entire island is our comfort zone!!

I guess you have to live here to understand.

I agree. Thank you. I thought it was me. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what exactly is being mapped in this loop. What are the points on the map that make it a loop and how are they in any way linked to the bodies found on Ocean Parkway?

IMO, the loop begins on Ocean Parkway at Robert Moses Cswy and then goes west to the Jones Beach and back.

No idea how we wound up in Riverhead and Manorville. How are these 2 places linked to this? I know a body was found in Manorville years ago but where has it been announced that it is linked to the bodies found on Ocean Pkwy?

One thing I will say Seaslug, is that not many South Shore natives are in their comfort zone on the North Shore. On the other hand, North Shore people think they own the whole island. :)

MO - SK is from the South Shore.

I feel comfort zones change with experience. You get a new job, you get to know a different area. But what's interesting to me is what is not showing up. No north Shore, no east end, no north fork, no queens.

Gosh I wish I knew what we were looking at. Who is not showing up in the north shore, east end, north fork, queens and why is it relevant?

I'm not being sarcastic - I feel like I am out of the loop here and I've been reading here since the beginning. Help. What am I missing? Do we know something?

"Comfort zone" for a serial killer also means something different than for an ordinary person. It's related to the psychology of why he kills in the first place and why he chooses the victims he does, etc. It can be very wide, or it can be as narrow as a portion of the woods behind a house where he lived for one summer as a child. For some killers, the zone includes where he finds his victims, where he kills them, and where he puts the bodies. For others, one aspect predominates. Others have separate zones for each phase. A few even have a "comfort zone" that is on the road or in new places -- I get the impression that Gary Hilton might have been one of these.

Gosh I wish I knew what we were looking at. Who is not showing up in the north shore, east end, north fork, queens and why is it relevant?

I'm not being sarcastic - I feel like I am out of the loop here and I've been reading here since the beginning. Help. What am I missing? Do we know something?

It's easy to get lost here sometimes! I could have been more clear. I meant that the location of the bodies, the work/home areas of some of the people mentioned, the last place some of the victims were known to have been, are
not in the north shore ect. Hope that helps.

I agree. Thank you. I thought it was me. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what exactly is being mapped in this loop. What are the points on the map that make it a loop and how are they in any way linked to the bodies found on Ocean Parkway?

IMO, the loop begins on Ocean Parkway at Robert Moses Cswy and then goes west to the Jones Beach and back.

No idea how we wound up in Riverhead and Manorville. How are these 2 places linked to this? I know a body was found in Manorville years ago but where has it been announced that it is linked to the bodies found on Ocean Pkwy?

One thing I will say Seaslug, is that not many South Shore natives are in their comfort zone on the North Shore. On the other hand, North Shore people think they own the whole island. :)

MO - SK is from the South Shore.

Riverhead is only on there because somebody who might be involved with the case worked there once. Along with probably 20,000 other county employees...

Manorville because some of us are interested in whether there's a link to those other killings.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere else. It's a story in today's Newsday about SG's disappearance http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

Great article in Newsday. Clears up a lot of the quesswork on here. But also presents new questions.

Like, Where did SG and JB go in his car for 15 minutes without leaving Oak Beach? Very strange.

I think it boils down to the diver (MP) or someone else in Oak Beach.

Looks like the driver left Oak Beach without speaking with the cops. Go figure.

SCPD blew this big time!! If they just sent a sector car from West Islip it would have been there in 7 minutes. Crazy!

This is from Newsday:

Woman's body found in car on Merrick Rd.
Published: May 1, 2011 10:32 AM
By PATRICK WHITTLE patrick.whittle@newsday.com

Where
Map DataMap data ©2011 Google -
Terms of UseMap DataCloseMap data ©2011 Google

Nassau and Lynbrook Village police are investigating the discovery a dead woman in a car on Merrick Road.

The body was found in the car at 266 Merrick Road, outside an office and medical complex.

A Lynbrook officer found the body earlier today, said Lt. Kevin Oveis of Lynbrook police. Nassau detectives are working the scene, Oveis and Nassau police said.

Lynbrook police "suspect" that foul play could be involved, but have not determined if the case is a homicide, Oveis said.

I just thought it was odd that she was found outside a medical complex.

Great article in Newsday. Clears up a lot of the quesswork on here. But also presents new questions.

Like, Where did SG and JB go in his car for 15 minutes without leaving Oak Beach? Very strange.

I think it boils down to the diver (MP) or someone else in Oak Beach.

Looks like the driver left Oak Beach without speaking with the cops. Go figure.

SCPD blew this big time!! If they just sent a sector car from West Islip it would have been there in 7 minutes. Crazy!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't West Islip the 3rd precint and OB the 1st. If so, that may be the reason it wasn't automatically done.

Thanks for sharing the Newsday article dcgrumpy. There's new info in there which will assist in a timeline for Shannan. Is 'the' CVS within 15 minutes of the Brewer home? Just curious. I also found the comments section very interesting in regards to mafia but haven't read it all yet.

Thanks to all for the updates and to JBean for the forum. I haven't posted much lately due to RL stuff but have been reading and trying my best to keep up!

Hope you all are having a nice weekend:)

wm

This is from Newsday:

Woman's body found in car on Merrick Rd.
Published: May 1, 2011 10:32 AM
By PATRICK WHITTLE patrick.whittle@newsday.com

Where
Map DataMap data ©2011 Google -
Terms of UseMap DataCloseMap data ©2011 Google

Nassau and Lynbrook Village police are investigating the discovery a dead woman in a car on Merrick Road.

The body was found in the car at 266 Merrick Road, outside an office and medical complex.

A Lynbrook officer found the body earlier today, said Lt. Kevin Oveis of Lynbrook police. Nassau detectives are working the scene, Oveis and Nassau police said.

Lynbrook police "suspect" that foul play could be involved, but have not determined if the case is a homicide, Oveis said.

I just thought it was odd that she was found outside a medical complex.
And on MERRICK RD. This is in an area that was spoken of here just yesterday. Wonder how long before the woman is identified and the details such as whether it was her car or not are reported? I'm beginning to feel like there is a very strong drug component to this case...and that untangling that part of the story might lead to some answers.

As to Mr Pak, the driver, I too find it interesting that the two of them SG and Pak, agreed to her leaving in a vehicle with Brewster and that he left Oak Beach conveniently right about the same time as the police arrived. Wonder if he had a police scanner or heard/saw them coming. Why wouldn't the police stop and question what must have been a very few cars on OP at that time of the morning?

Thanks for sharing the Newsday article dcgrumpy. There's new info in there which will assist in a timeline for Shannan. Is 'the' CVS within 15 minutes of the Brewer home? Just curious. I also found the comments section very interesting in regards to mafia but haven't read it all yet.

According to Mapquest, it would take 12 minutes for them to get from Oak Beach to CVS, so I doubt they would be able to get to CVS and back within 15 minutes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't West Islip the 3rd precint and OB the 1st. If so, that may be the reason it wasn't automatically done.

dcgrumpy,

Yes, West Islip is in the 3rd precinct but it has the closest sector car to Oak Beach. Oak Beach is in Town of Babylon (typically the 1st precinct) but Suffolk County services Oak Beach out of the Marine Bureau which is headquartered in Great River at Timberpoint Country Club which is approx. 24 minutes away from Oak Beach.

This is all Suffolk County so the SCPD should use some common sense and dispatch the closest sector car to the scene when someone calls screaming that "they are trying to kill me!" If it was an officer down they would have been there in 5 minutes flat, trust me.

dcgrumpy,

Yes, West Islip is in the 3rd precinct but it has the closest sector car to Oak Beach. Oak Beach is in Town of Babylon (typically the 1st precinct) but Suffolk County services Oak Beach out of the Marine Bureau which is headquartered in Great River at Timberpoint Country Club which is approx. 24 minutes away from Oak Beach.

This is all Suffolk County so the SCPD should use some common sense and dispatch the closest sector car to the scene when someone calls screaming that "they are trying to kill me!" If it was an officer down they would have been there in 5 minutes flat, trust me.

I know, I live in East Islip. I was just saying maybe that's why it wasn't done automatically. Do you know where the police that did show up were out of?

I wasn't sure which precint would typically cover it since is is Town of Babylon

Something else I just remembered

I thought back in December I read that she told the 911 dispatcher that she was on Fire Island and it took them time to locate where she was actually calling from

I know, I live in East Islip. I was just saying maybe that's why it wasn't done automatically. Do you know where the police that did show up were out of?

I wasn't sure which precint would typically cover it since is is Town of Babylon

On another message board (LI Politics), they were talking about where the Marine Bureau cops were at the time of the call. One was on Fire Island and another Marine Bureau cop was in Great River. I am not sure which one got there first. Or if they dispatched others.

Plus, SCPD delayed the dispatch of a K-9 Unit and the SCPD Helicopter until the new shift came on. Apparently K-9 and the helicopter didn't get to Oak Beach until 9AM.

I have a question for the LI folks. Before the break in this case, Dec 2010, how often were dead women being found anywhere in LI? Is it a common occurrence?

I have a question for the LI folks. Before the break in this case, Dec 2010, how often were dead women being found anywhere in LI? Is it a common occurrence?

Just K,

My guess would be that (aside from these 10 remains on Ocean Parkway) they find at least one dead woman every year on Long Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez