NY-LI-4 bodies on Beach-Possible SK-12/10-All id'd,4 more found 3/11 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will be found via electronics; I am guessing it is possible to look at each computer involved and determine which ads on CL were opened by each one? It may take a long time, but it seems as though at least many of them must have viewed the same ad and hopefully LE can track back to how/who placed the ad?

I saw a couple of locals on the news last week stating that they don't go to Craigslist nor are they prostitutes so they are not in fear.

Well, I'd be extremely concerned about my safety after being informed that one of his victims was an innocent toddler. If he murdered a toddler then he will murder anybody and nobody is safe!

Officials from the medical examiner's office were able to quickly determine the first find -- decomposed remains wrapped in a plastic garbage bag -- did not appear to be from an animal, and it was removed to a forensic lab for final confirmation. Smith later confirmed the remains are human.
About three hours later, state police searchers found a human skull farther to the east, nearly 100 feet from the Ocean Parkway within a wildlife sanctuary.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/cops-startling-find-of-2-more-remains-1.2811767

just a thought but there had to be a pickup point, let's meet here, point via craig's list or thru text, etc.

does anyone else think this killer may be pinpointed by electronics ?

News reports say that he uses throwaway phones and calls from congested areas like Times Square. This info is from LEA.

Yeah, you dispicable pervert. Those women were humans, important and loved by their families. They mattered to others. But you killed a baby...when you get to prison they are gonna phuq you up! You punk....

Let me get out of this thread and take a break.

Yea, I gotta take a break too Sistah........:banghead:

wm

This toddler thing is making me sick. Talk about evil...

I thought I wanted off this island before all of this came out, now I really want off! Sorry, venting. Obviously, this is all very upsetting.

I'm so very sorry this is happening near you.

I've been through something similar -- a few years back, we had a man (turned out to be quite a young man, very sad and shocking) killing small Hispanic women who were trading sex for drugs. Not really prostitutes in the sense of making it a business, but in the eyes of the police, if they had once traded like that, they were forever branded. Their attitude was almost worse than walking around wondering, "Is it somebody I know? Is it that man in the checkout line buying a six of beer for the game?"

It can happen anywhere. Some places are just more tempting targets than others.

I want to know why, he only called Melissa Barthelemy's sister?
Why not the other victims families too?

News reports say that he uses throwaway phones and calls from congested areas like Times Square. This info is from LEA.
but what about computers? I hope there is something somewhere in there to nab him once they connect the victim dots

one more thought...

the phone that he used was NOT a throwaway.. it was the victims....

and he kept his calls under 3 minutes so as not to be traced

just a thought but there had to be a pickup point, let's meet here, point via craig's list or thru text, etc.

does anyone else think this killer may be pinpointed by electronics ?

I would think that if it was possible with this particular case then the sk should have been apprehended already. This is how it was explained to me:

Let's say Lisa had an ad on Craigslist. I go view her page. As long as I don't click the link to email her a message then there won't be an electronic fingerprint. So, apparently the sk goes to a page, gets the number and calls from a throw away cell phone. He doesn't leave an ip address because he doesn't chat with her nor does he send her an email.

Hi, Pinkhammer, keeping his throwaway phone calls to less than three minutes does sound sensible, but I think that we might be going a little too far when we assume that he's making the phones from congested areas because he doesn't wanted to be binged. Accounts say that all the calls to Melissa's poor sister were made in the evening. My guess is that he works in Manhattan and calls from places near rail lines to extract terror right before heading home. But like everything else, that's a guess....

And as for the phone being the victim's, I don't think that has been reported by reliable sources.

could he have personally known her? her mother this morning said she initially went to new york to do hair.. could he have lived near her? her mother also said she had been stalked...

pat brown this morning also said (about the calls) that she may have put up a fight, gave him problems.. she may not have been completely right.. but something about her made him make the calls... and is he perhaps holding them close to the place he called from on her phone? or is that near where he lives or works?

I can see why they think this guy has the leg up (((so far))) on hiding himself yet having an obvious virtual footprint using craigslist, etc

number up to 10 white women, common denominater is Craigslist and prostitution
according to NBC....just now.......4 ID'd.......how terrible.

Hi all, I've been reading and decided to respond for the first time today. Thanks to all for letting me be a part of this community.

I think, if the AC murders are related, they were probably his first in the line of serials. I suspect he strolled the "track", which is the area a block off the boardwalk where girls work. It is very easy to drive down the road and pick up a girl off the street. I think he probably told the girls he would pay for an hour or more and asked to go to a hotel. The Golden Key is about a 10 minute drive from the boardwalk, and is known to be a place for prostitutes, addicts etc. I believe he killed the girls either at the hotel or nearby and began to dispose of them behind the hotel, because he realized he was able to hide them without being discovered. And being that sort of motel it is, people were unlikely to ask questions or even notice. After discovery of the bodies and ensuing media, I believe he evolved in the sense where he discovered outcall services on craigslist, and combined with using prepaid cell phones, he could severely limit his risks of exposure. He also probably found more confidence in being on his home turf, and this felt he could hide the bodies better than he did in AC. His evolution, combined with his confidence, gave him the sick idea of calling one vic's little sister and taunting her.

I believe he is NOT LE, but rather someone who fits in well in all forms of society, i.e. wealthy, blue collar etc.. He is probably single or divorced, but is active and known in the community. I suspect he makes a good living and has a good, steady career, but probably not one that is often remembered or noteworthy. This is his pleasure, something that is entirely his, and he feels empowered by it. Once he first committed the inital murder (whenever that was) he couldn't stop doing it. And eventually over time, he created his own sick game out of it, all for his own pleasure.

As people have posted earlier, I think the keys to finding him are:

1. The ID of the child found today, it is alot easier to ID and track a missing child than a prostitute. Why the change? Wrong place, wrong time, or something planned?

2. The burlap, hiding multiple bodies in burlap, requires either the purchase or aquiring burlap sacks from somewhere. where did they come from?

3. SG, perhaps the reason LE has not found her, is because she is the one who created all the witnesses, media, and led to the police. In recognizing SG created witnesses and was able to briefly escape and call 911, the SK wanted to make sure no one ever found her. He put her somewhere other than with the rest.

4. Police have been quoted as saying once he makes a mistake he will be caught. I believe he has already made that mistake, LE just need to connect it with the case. it will be something seen as previously miniscule, but will lead them to the SK.

I would think that if it was possible with this particular case then the sk should have been apprehended already. This is how it was explained to me:

Let's say Lisa had an ad on Craigslist. I go view her page. As long as I don't click the link to email her a message then there won't be an electronic fingerprint. So, apparently the sk goes to a page, gets the number and calls from a throw away cell phone. He doesn't leave an ip address because he doesn't chat with her nor does he send her an email.
however, would this info be available from CL? or does it just poof?? ((just wondering how tech savy of a perp we have here.. also could show age))

I happen to believe the call to Shannon's mother and sister claiming to be a doctor taking care of Shannon was also the killer.

Hi all, I've been reading and decided to respond for the first time today. Thanks to all for letting me be a part of this community.

I think, if the AC murders are related, they were probably his first in the line of serials. I suspect he strolled the "track", which is the area a block off the boardwalk where girls work. It is very easy to drive down the road and pick up a girl off the street. I think he probably told the girls he would pay for an hour or more and asked to go to a hotel. The Golden Key is about a 10 minute drive from the boardwalk, and is known to be a place for prostitutes, addicts etc. I believe he killed the girls either at the hotel or nearby and began to dispose of them behind the hotel, because he realized he was able to hide them without being discovered. And being that sort of motel it is, people were unlikely to ask questions or even notice. After discovery of the bodies and ensuing media, I believe he evolved in the sense where he discovered outcall services on craigslist, and combined with using prepaid cell phones, he could severely limit his risks of exposure. He also probably found more confidence in being on his home turf, and this felt he could hide the bodies better than he did in AC. His evolution, combined with his confidence, gave him the sick idea of calling one vic's little sister and taunting her.

I believe he is NOT LE, but rather someone who fits in well in all forms of society, i.e. wealthy, blue collar etc.. He is probably single or divorced, but is active and known in the community. I suspect he makes a good living and has a good, steady career, but probably not one that is often remembered or noteworthy. This is his pleasure, something that is entirely his, and he feels empowered by it. Once he first committed the inital murder (whenever that was) he couldn't stop doing it. And eventually over time, he created his own sick game out of it, all for his own pleasure.

As people have posted earlier, I think the keys to finding him are:

1. The ID of the child found today, it is alot easier to ID and track a missing child than a prostitute. Why the change? Wrong place, wrong time, or something planned?

2. The burlap, hiding multiple bodies in burlap, requires either the purchase or aquiring burlap sacks from somewhere. where did they come from?

3. SG, perhaps the reason LE has not found her, is because she is the one who created all the witnesses, media, and led to the police. In recognizing SG created witnesses and was able to briefly escape and call 911, the SK wanted to make sure no one ever found her. He put her somewhere other than with the rest.

4. Police have been quoted as saying once he makes a mistake he will be caught. I believe he has already made that mistake, LE just need to connect it with the case. it will be something seen as previously miniscule, but will lead them to the SK.
welcome to ws and hel!! of a theory! I am impressed and agree if the two crime scenes are related (which I think at this time they eventually will).. you bridged the gap for me with your theory

could he have personally known her? her mother this morning said she initially went to new york to do hair.. could he have lived near her? her mother also said she had been stalked...

pat brown this morning also said (about the calls) that she may have put up a fight, gave him problems.. she may not have been completely right.. but something about her made him make the calls... and is he perhaps holding them close to the place he called from on her phone? or is that near where he lives or works?

I can see why they think this guy has the leg up (((so far))) on hiding himself yet having an obvious virtual footprint using craigslist, etc

Hi, NurseBeeMe. I assume that it was Melissa who lived in New York City and was stalked, not her sister.

One poster suggested that Melissa was unusually pretty and that perhaps her sister resembled her. Perhaps her sister had given an interview or at least her name had been mention somewhere.

I don't think that the taunts of serial killers make my sense to normal people. Like this monster, "Son of Sam" David Berkowitz shouted that one of his group's victims (Stacy Moskovitch) was a *advertiser censored*.

I think that the discovery of the bodies will stop the killings for the time being, but I honestly don't think that the case will be solved anytime soon. I hope that I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay