DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the link you were referencing:

http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Charles_Hackett

To get to the above link, enter the following into the Google search bar:

“Charles Peter Hackett”+patient +review

It is the first result on the first page.

I found some interesting information about vitals.com, the website that contains the review of the doctor. Here is a sample of what I found with links:

Los Angeles Times
The rating room
Consumer opinions are thriving online, including reviews of doctors.
But is scoring an MD the same as rating an HDTV?
May 19, 2008
Shari Roan/Times Staff Writer

“Many say the reviews on RateMDs.com, Vitals.com, DrScore.com and other sites are skewed by disgruntled patients and are thus unfair, pushing some doctors to near-ruin after a single post.”

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...tals.com+complaints&cd=33&&ct=clnk&gl=ushl=en

Nashville Post
Plastic surgeon fighting online reviews
Defamation lawsuit target anonymous posters
Published December 21, 2010 by Erin Lawly

“In the Dec. 15 complaint, Dr. Nicholas Sieveking and Sieveking Plastic Surgery allege various unnamed defendants posted three “untrue and damaging” reviews about the surgeon on physician review site Vitals.com, one of which claimed the doctor provided no follow-up after a major procedure and that the patient needs corrective surgery.”

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2010/12/21/plastic_surgeon_fighting_online_reviews

Chicago Tribune
Doctors: Web ratings flawed
Critics say Web scores based on few reviews are unfair, unreliable
November 15, 2010/ By Julie Deardorff, Tribune reporter

"I get rated by insurance companies and can't stand it," said Boll, who had 12 patient ratings and a 100 percent patient satisfaction rate, according to Consumer's Checkbook. "The stuff they come up with is rarely representative of what I do and how I do it."

But he does see a need for "objective, verifiable and uniform ratings." On vitals.com, which says it rates more than 700,000 doctors, Boll had just one rating. On ratemds.com, one of seven reviewers said "he cares more deeply about his patients than any other doctor I have ever met." But another complained that "his nurse has NEVER once picked up a phone."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...01115_1_patients-rate-ratemds-com-web-ratings

According a technology profile I consulted for information about the website, vitals.com uses some questionable analytics and tracking for a Healthcare website.

http://builtwith.com/vitals.com

They have employed Quantcast a California based company that measures web audiences. Via a product called “Quantcast Measurement”, vitals.com is able to get the following information about their site's users:

“...user demographics and audience insights. This information includes traffic, demographics, geography, business, site affinity and categories of interest. The service offers MRC accredited traffic data.”

Quantcast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, Quantcast has gotten into trouble for doing even sneakier things like circumventing privacy controls internet surfers have set on their personal computers' web browsers. Here are a couple of stories about it with links:

Wired
Flash Cookie Researchers Spark Quantcast Change
By Ryan Singel
August 12, 2009

“...researchers, led by grad student Ashkan Soltani, found that Quantcast was one of several companies who used Flash cookies on the net’s most popular websites to re-spawn traditional browser cookies after users had deleted them. According to their findings released on Monday, the undead cookies created by Quantcast were discovered on Hulu.com, the popular online video site, which uses Quantcast to measure its traffic”

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/08/flash-cookie-researchers-spark-quantcast-change/

MediaPost News
Specific Media Settles Flash Cookie Suit, Promises
Never To Use Them
by Wendy Davis, Aug. 22, 2011

“This lawsuit was one of several recent cases dealing with Flash cookies. Quantcast, Clearspring and Say Media's VideoEgg recently paid a total of $3.4 million to settle similar lawsuits alleging that they circumvented users' privacy controls by using Flash cookies for tracking.

Flash cookies are controversial because some Web companies allegedly use the technology to circumvent users' privacy settings. Flash cookies are stored in a different location in the browser than HTTP cookies, so users who delete their HTTP cookies did not necessarily also delete Flash cookies. “

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/156331/

I have learned just from working at a veterinary hospital that these types of reviews must be taken with a whole shaker of salt. They are heavily weighted towards dissatisfied clients, especially when the business involves health care or finances. On the flipside, you will occasionally see people who work at a business put up a positive review not divulging that they happen to be employed by that business.

As far as health care goes, doctors do genuinely make mistakes and health care facilities are sometimes poorly run, but there are some folks who just can't be satisfied. If they had to wait a few hours at an emergency room for non-life-threatening matter, nobody was paying attention to them. If their doctor wasn't working 24hr/day to take a call, even if alternative help was offered, nobody cares. If the doctor didn't "heal" them that day, they didn't know what they were doing and were a waste of time and money. And if they didn't follow instructons as to what to do at home and when/how to follow up, it is never their fault as an individual. No matter how many times it is gone over with them or how many papers are shoved in their face, there is something else the doctor/nurse/whoever should've done.

And, yes, even the best doctors are vulnerable to getting defamed and sued.

I'm not saying Dr. Hackett is a good doctor. Maybe he's terrible. And I have no problem with journalist researched and written articles being shown. But any reference to online review sites that anyone can hop onto is not valid in my book because I've seen firsthand the type of lies people occasionally write when they are either angry or just a nasty person.

That review is from May 2010. Was he still practicing then?

His license to practice ER Medicine expired in 2006, but he could still practice family medicine, I suppose at his home facility and "care to the home-bound on a complimentary basis" as described in the attached pages from the NY State physician profile that was last updated in 3/2010. I have to wonder why this description doesn't mention many of the other hospitals he did work at, greenport, central suffolk in Riverhead, stonybrook, st charles, etc.

I completely agree with your assesment of doctor review websites such as the one with the "seemed drunk" comment, but what I do take interest in with regards to that comment is the date it was made (May 2010) and the specificity of the comment. It doesn't seem like a random complaint from an angry person as much as a very specific reason for the complaint.

I have also attached the supposed work history from the vitals site, which is puzzling because it claims he worked at stony brook from 95 - 97 when he was the full time EMS director for suffolk county and as far as I can tell from the newsday articles, was absolutely not working at a hospital during that time.

And as for the good samaritan hospital from 1993 to 1999, well he didn't have the license to practice ER Medicine until 1995. So unless he was practicing family medicine at that hospital? I don't know what to make of all the conflicting records of time and places of employment, it looks like a tangled mess.

That tangled mess could be because these websites incorrectly aggregate data on people or because someone is being less than honest on the resume so to speak. I know that I once bought a credit report for myself that showed I was employed at a pickle factory, which was entertaining and worrisome, so who really knows.

Attachments

• cph history1.jpg
    cph history1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 10
  • cph history two.jpg
    cph history two.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 11
  • cph history three.jpg
    cph history three.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 9
  • cph work history wtf.jpg
    cph work history wtf.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 9
The point I was trying to make wasn't that CPH does have a substance abuse problem, but rather that IF he does, that might well explain his making a stupid phone call to SG's mother.

Do I believe that's what happened? Yes. Am I saying that IS what happened? No, I'm not.

Based on what I've read during my research and some of the points posters have brought up here, I don't think vitals.com is a reliable source of information on any physician, IMHO.

I have learned just from working at a veterinary hospital that these types of reviews must be taken with a whole shaker of salt. They are heavily weighted towards dissatisfied clients, especially when the business involves health care or finances. On the flipside, you will occasionally see people who work at a business put up a positive review not divulging that they happen to be employed by that business.

As far as health care goes, doctors do genuinely make mistakes and health care facilities are sometimes poorly run, but there are some folks who just can't be satisfied. If they had to wait a few hours at an emergency room for non-life-threatening matter, nobody was paying attention to them. If their doctor wasn't working 24hr/day to take a call, even if alternative help was offered, nobody cares. If the doctor didn't "heal" them that day, they didn't know what they were doing and were a waste of time and money. And if they didn't follow instructons as to what to do at home and when/how to follow up, it is never their fault as an individual. No matter how many times it is gone over with them or how many papers are shoved in their face, there is something else the doctor/nurse/whoever should've done.

And, yes, even the best doctors are vulnerable to getting defamed and sued.

I'm not saying Dr. Hackett is a good doctor. Maybe he's terrible. And I have no problem with journalist researched and written articles being shown. But any reference to online review sites that anyone can hop onto is not valid in my book because I've seen firsthand the type of lies people occasionally write when they are either angry or just a nasty person.

Agreed. That was one of the points I was making with my post.

I dunno, but I think we are wasting a lot of effort discussing rainfall, tides, water levels, CM's criminal history, PCH's supposed substance abuse etc etc, and all kinds of unrelated tangents.

Why is everybody complicating it, MP has fight with SG over money. MP 'offs' SG ( accidently?) and leaves Oak beach with her.

Inspectorgadget and Truthspider and others, why are you giving MP a 'get out of jail free' card?

MP had motive, opportunity and means, yet everybody is giving him a free ride in all this.

Was there anybody else but MP chasing and trying to get SG in his vehicle?

Was not the last sound heard on SG's phone, the sound of her being pulled into a car?

Am I missing something?

Check out the MP thread. Thanks

MOO

I dunno, but I think we are wasting a lot of effort discussing rainfall, tides, water levels, CM's criminal history, PCH's supposed substance abuse etc etc, and all kinds of unrelated tangents.

Why is everybody complicating it, MP has fight with SG over money. MP 'offs' SG ( accidently?) and leaves Oak beach with her.

Inspectorgadget and Truthspider and others, why are you giving MP a 'get out of jail free' card?

MP had motive, opportunity and means, yet everybody is giving him a free ride in all this.

Was there anybody else but MP chasing and trying to get SG in his vehicle?

Was not the last sound heard on SG's phone, the sound of her being pulled into a car?

Am I missing something?

Check out the MP thread. Thanks

MOO

I agree there is a very strong case that could be built against MP and I've always thought MP to be the X factor and a very shady character. When I very first saw the A&E special, MP was the one who really gave me the willies.

That said, I don't think anyone is wasting time discussing the other stuff. There is room here for all ideas and just because MP may have had motive, which heavily depends on the issues surrounding payment or other things that may have arisen between the two that night that are thus far not completely clear, doesn't mean it was him.

Also, I think it has been clarified multiple times that the CM discussion is separate from anything to do with SG b/c inspectr doesn't believe her to be part of this case and maybe not even a murder victim.

There was a poster here who said the very same thing in this thread yesterday. The post has since been removed. It Was post #407.

I quoted the original post #407 in a post of my own. I asked a question about the "burn phones" mentioned (I thought it was a new theory being proposed). My question was never addressed. It was originally post #412. My post has also been removed. I did save a copy though.

The was another member who quoted the original post #407. The member made a comment about the "burn phones" mentioned. That post was also removed. I have a copy of that post too.

These posts were removed, not because of the burn phone discussion, but because they were SNARKY AND DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHER POSTERS.

Guys - this is important. When you are posting GOOD INFO, trying to clear up a MISTAKEN FACT, or just generally discussing the case and you throw SNARK into your post -- the whole post goes. We don't have time to snip every post.

If you want to have a GOOD, DECENT discussion and actually come to some kind of agreement or just be able to state your interpretation of the facts - LEAVE THE SNARK OUT OF IT.

Salem

The point I was trying to make wasn't that CPH does have a substance abuse problem, but rather that IF he does, that might well explain his making a stupid phone call to SG's mother.

Do I believe that's what happened? Yes. Am I saying that IS what happened? No, I'm not.

Also, we need not work under the assumption that the rehab phone call was stupid mistake or blunder. Until we have all heard the 911 call AND learned where JB and SG went during that 15 minute trip within the community, we can't eliminate the possibility that the phone call was a smart, rational, and somewhat calculated move to make. The killer could have made that call to try and regain control of the situation that slipped free of his grip.

"you can't kill me because they will know it's you"
If SG in a last ditch effort to protect herself somehow communicated to her killer that she had informed her family of his identity or address or both, which would be the logical defense mechanism for a victim who knows their attacker, then the call could put him back in control.

There was a good deal of time that she knew someone was trying to kill her and we know that she was able to call 911. So it is likely, in my opinion, that while dealing with her attacker, over the phone or in person, she would use this method to try and defend herself even if she knew she hadn't informed her family. We also have some reasons to believe that the killer may have told SG he was LE, so it would make more sense for her to threaten him with "I told my family who you are" than "I told the police".

We are without a doubt dealing with a predator who thinks a few moves ahead of his prey, but what occurred that night wasn't the typical operation and the scenario slipped out of his control. I believe SG was a very smart and savvy person so much so that she did outwit her attacker to the point that her actions/moves will be responsible for his demise.

This was posted on FB buy the Shannan Gilbert memorial fan page, or whatever those things are called. A poem by Shannan I thought it would be nice to read how truly sweet she was.

shannanswords.jpg

This was posted on FB buy the Shannan Gilbert memorial fan page, or whatever those things are called. A poem by Shannan I thought it would be nice to read how truly sweet she was.

shannanswords.jpg

@Quiet Girl.
wow - that's awesome. I don't know of shannan's memorial page - is it on web sleuths?

and is that her actual hand writing - its really lovely. I'm guessing its something she wrote? wow - that's so powerful.
thanx.:seeya::seeya::seeya:

I was just wondering and who better to share it with than all of you.

If I am wrong to post this - please - let me know - but I'm thinking out loud.
If Shannan was screaming at the top of her lungs in Oak Beach AFTER going to GC's (- as LE and the commissioner who is now retired said she was, as well as every article ever written on the young lady)

and if she was screaming things like "help help - they're trying to kill me"
and apparently PA(???) and BB heard the screams...and called LE.

Something doesnt make sense - the hour was an extremely QUIET hour of the day. With that kind of silence outside in nature --- and being as they were on the water You can hear things from far far away.

LE has said she was "screaming and acting inappropriate" - so also since water CARRIES sound.....how come MP didnt mention her screams - while he was "searching" for her before high tailing it out of oak beach before the police arrived? MP has said he was searching for her - so how come he never heard her screams? He was much closer than GC???????? He never said he heard her screams when he was interviewed on A&E show.

That just has bothered me....the whole time.

ok - has anyone else wondered that too?

Ok - any thoughts all you sleuths?

So many things regarding that night make no sense whatsoever. I hadn't even taken into account her screams for help being so easy to hear at that still time of night with all of the water around. Something else to ponder. I find it hard to believe LE couldn't have located her just by following her voice if that was the case. For some reason I'd assumed she'd have gotten quiet once she'd left the road to try to lose MP--still trying to figure out why she ran from him in the first place. How long did they say she continued to scream? I also am wondering about her 23 minute 911 call, is she the one who ended it? So many mysterious things happened that night.

MOO

So many things regarding that night make no sense whatsoever. I hadn't even taken into account her screams for help being so easy to hear at that still time of night with all of the water around. Something else to ponder. I find it hard to believe LE couldn't have located her just by following her voice if that was the case. For some reason I'd assumed she'd have gotten quiet once she'd left the road to try to lose MP--still trying to figure out why she ran from him in the first place. How long did they say she continued to scream? I also am wondering about her 23 minute 911 call, is she the one who ended it? So many mysterious things happened that night.

The reason LE could not locate SG that morning IMO was she was not at Oak Beach.

Somebody took here away.

Who was the only person to leave Oak Beach before (or as) LE arrived?

MP!

You either believe..............

........SG ran into the wetlands and drowned, her body was there all the time and nobody could find her. (they could find bodies they were not looking for though and all the other contradictory evidence). No crime was committed.

.........SG was removed from Oak Beach that morning, and later her remains were returned.

If you believe the second theory MP is the most likely POI

MOO

Hi Intspctrgadget, When looking at that first photo of yours {brown dirt with pond areas} I think we need to take the relative size of the area and the ponds into consideration.

That one pond closest to the 2 houses shown on the bottom left gives a good comparison, the pond being about 2x as long as the house is wide. The pond is substantially sized and no one would run smack into it IMO. They'd most likely circumvent it, especially if the sun was rising.

ALSO
~ The fact her pants were said to be 'ripped' is the only reason I think she ever set foot in that brambl'ed marsh. I think she was pulled into a vehicle down at the end of Anchor Way after leaving BB's house ~ or close to the end of A Way. I believe that as Mari and Shannan's sister were told you could hear that happening on the 911 calll. I have that link in my Favorites if needed here. I have no idea where BB lives except down in that area.

~ Then I think her belongings were placed where they were found and her remains laid out for discovery where they were found as well. I think they had been stored by the killer someplace and he figured the time was right to get them out of that place IMO.

Yes, I also think that the killer removed her from the area for some time while the FBI and the local police were initially searching for her. Then at an opportune time placed her body and belongings back there. It explains why they weren't able to find her--I have faith that the FBI would've been able to find her had she been there. Suffolk county LE is another matter...It seems that her skeletal remains could've been too intact to have been in 3 major storms, another reason why I also think she was moved. I'm wondering why he placed her jeans, purse, etc. where he did, rather than with the remains? Like others I haven't totally ruled out Pak, perhaps he did find her and whisk her away before LE arrived. I'm still suspicious of Brewer, Colleti and the good Dr. as well. Too many odd details and stories that don't make sense.

Windsor-Sorry I was writing when you last posted and hadn't seen your reply-we're on the same page on that! MOO as well.

why oh why
is it taking FOR EVER for this Medical Examiner to make a report???????

To Kill a Mockingbird - The unforgettable novel of a childhood in a sleepy Southern town and the crisis of conscience that rocked it, To Kill A Mockingbird became both an instant bestseller and a critical success when it was first published in 1960. It went on to win the Pulitzer Prize in 1961 and was later made into an Academy Award-winning film, also a classic.

Through their father's work (Atticus) as a lawyer, Scout and Jem begin to learn of the racism and evil prevalent in their town, and mature painfully and quickly as they are exposed to it.

I call myself To Kill a Mockingbird because its my favorite book - because of a brilliant mind and lawyer named Atticus Finch. We need Atticus now more than ever in this case filled with racism, and dare I say it - evil. HOPEFULLY Mari's lawyer - will be a clone of one of the finest lawyers who ever was represented in print - and in film - the great Atticus Finch.

why oh why

To Kill a Mockingbird - The unforgettable novel of a childhood in a sleepy Southern town and the crisis of conscience that rocked it, To Kill A Mockingbird became both an instant bestseller and a critical success when it was first published in 1960. It went on to win the Pulitzer Prize in 1961 and was later made into an Academy Award-winning film, also a classic.

Through their father's work (Atticus) as a lawyer, Scout and Jem begin to learn of the racism and evil prevalent in their town, and mature painfully and quickly as they are exposed to it.

I call myself To Kill a Mockingbird because its my favorite book - because of a brilliant mind and lawyer named Atticus Finch. We need Atticus now more than ever in this case filled with racism, and dare I say it - evil. HOPEFULLY Mari's lawyer - will be a clone of one of the finest lawyers who ever was represented in print - and in film - the great Atticus Finch.

It is also about a man who is physically impaired and hence unable to commit the act of murder that he was tried and convicted for.

It is also about a lonely, reclusive man who was locked away in his home by his father and who later commits a justifiable murder.

The book also contains the theme of absent mothers and abusive fathers.

TKM, what are the racial elements you observe in the LISK case?

why oh why

You mean Mr. Pimp Hat Esq.? Well I'm sure what he lacks in lawyering skills he makes up for in style.

I'm not sure that there's a racist element here. But there's possibly a classist element. I think the thought that the public would be way more up in arms if the LISK was killing random women probably holds some water. Most people figure that since they're not in the sex trade, they're not at risk. Thus, I don't think it hits as close to home for them as maybe it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l