NY-Long Island-Four bodies found on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi sv, i agree with you completely that akeem only cared about the money. what i wonder if what exactly is he holding back from le? is it only human trafficking related or is it also related to these 4 girls who were murdered?

serial killers don't discriminate, they come from all walks of life, have families, could be a neighbor. for some reason he likes smaller women. maybe even he had an ex-love who was short? possibly the killer is short, his mother was short, or maybe just a preference due to easier lifting or just a plain downright preference.

it is sad the lack of attention that prostitutes get when they go missing. even the news articles tend to make mockery of them "how many hookers does it take etc..."

these killers will escalate to other victims. this is just kindergarten before he graduates to first grade for the killer.

in a different case of an extremely large amount of missing women in canada (highway 16 of tears) it seems that only the white victim got a huge amount of attention while the rcmp care nothing about the many first nation women victims of these killer(s).

or the jennings murders in louisiana. people don't seem to care when it's not on their side of the tracks. as soon as it's on their side, they will make quite a stir.

the smaller the victim , the easier to control...also no matter if he is a huge man or a diminutive man, a small woman will make him appear and feel bigger and more intimidating.

seems like it would be counter productive for a pimp to be killing off his money makers.

I bet this is a big guy...just a feeling.

so, hang on here< maybe it's too early in the morning or I am just confused as per usual...but these girls didn't all have the same pimp daddy, did they?

I wonder if the voice on the taunt had any distinguishing characteristics? black, latino...an accent? a deep voice? a disguised voice?

they could learn alot just from the listeners impression.

the smaller the victim , the easier to control...also no matter if he is a huge man or a diminutive man, a small woman will make him appear and feel bigger and more intimidating.

seems like it would be counter productive for a pimp to be killing off his money makers.

I bet this is a big guy...just a feeling.

i agree that it'd be bad for him to kill off his money makers. i really doubt cruz killed them. i have seen on tv shows that say there's a pimp mafia and they have killed girls before. it sounds crazy, i know, it's a show about a girl in vegas who used to be a hooker and now tries to save them.

it's possible the man could be big or he could be small, either way the fear alone in the girls likely makes him feel powerful. maybe he had a woman in his life who made him feel powerless at one point.. could be anything.

...for some reason i thought it was strangulation.. maybe i read a leak somewhere? strangulation seems to be common among a lot of serial killers who kill prostitutes.

minazoe, i agree it would be great if someone knew what type of accent the caller had & the listener's impression. it's odd he just picked the one family to harass.

from what i gather, megan had cruz as her pimp, yet the others seemed to work for themselves aside from sg. i could be wrong, though.

i agree that it'd be bad for him to kill off his money makers. i really doubt cruz killed them. i have seen on tv shows that say there's a pimp mafia and they have killed girls before. it sounds crazy, i know, it's a show about a girl in vegas who used to be a hooker and now tries to save them.

it's possible the man could be big or he could be small, either way the fear alone in the girls likely makes him feel powerful. maybe he had a woman in his life who made him feel powerless at one point.. could be anything.

...for some reason i thought it was strangulation.. maybe i read a leak somewhere? strangulation seems to be common among a lot of serial killers who kill prostitutes.

minazoe, i agree it would be great if someone knew what type of accent the caller had & the listener's impression. it's odd he just picked the one family to harass.

from what i gather, megan had cruz as her pimp, yet the others seemed to work for themselves aside from sg. i could be wrong, though.

chemcopout, I recall a little bit of the story out of Vegas that you mentioned, but not enough. Can you please elaborate more about the pimp mafia? Why do they kill the girls? Is it a result of the girls resisting being recruited into the pimps employment? Competition, etc?

I thought strangulation too and don't know why exactly. Perhaps it is because I read alot on the Rodney Alcala thread and he would choke his victims almost to the point of death and then revive them only to repeat the process. If the victims were indeed choked then I hope LE encourages girls to come forward with information regarding clients whose freak is the choking game. If the COD was choking to death then there is the slim possiblity that these deaths were accidental due to the killers fantasy. I know, I know it is not really probable that these women died accidentally but I did say a 'slim possibility':crazy: I am trying to look at all angles here.

My opinion regarding the phone call to Melissa's family is that the killer simply wished to blame the victim for her own death. As if he wanted the family to know that she was a prostitute and she died because of her lifestyle, not because of his own doing. It sounds as though he is tying to absolve himself (in his mind) of any responsibility for Melissa's demise.

The calls originating from Manhatten is intriguing to me....the perp called from Penn Station, Madison Square Garden and 'by' Times Square. I wish I were a mapping whiz. I am a visual person and would like to see the proximity of these locations and also know more about what types of businesses are there. Were there any special events in these areas at the time of the calls, etc. I wish to insert here that I am not alluding to a JE connection, I just feel the origination and intervals and days of the week of these phone calls is the biggest clue we have really, because the perp apparently frequents these areas.

OT I have visited 39 US states. My trip to NYC was thwarted years ago by Hurricane Fran when our airport in NC was shut down!:( I hope to have another chance to visit someday!

My opinion FWIW:twocents:

wm

I haven't heard anything whatsoever about Cruz being connected to all the victims. I also think that if pimps were killing off their workers for whatever reason, they wouldn't strangle them, they would execute them quickly and dump the bodies in different locations. Strangulation seems to be a much more personal almost sexual crime as it's hands-on and I recall hearing it takes a good several minutes of pressure to kill someone that way.

This case has all the markings of a sole, possibly sexually-oriented or anger-motivated serial killer (likely with with issues with women). Even the manner in which the bodies were dumped seems almost "ritualistic" (I use that term loosely, I'm not implying any religious connection, I'm just saying the manner of disposal probably had some significance to the killer himself-- I also believe he wanted the bodies to be discovered).

Having said that, I think Cruz was aware of the last client Megan met with and had maybe even met him before. I don't think he knew this man was going to kill Megan but I also don't think he really cared when she never came back to the hotel that day. Cruz has connections on LI, maybe he was here not only to pimp Megan but also to do some drug deals. Reporting Megan missing or trying to track down her last client may have seemed too risky for him.

I think all Cruz wanted to do was remove himself from the situation so that he wouldn't get in trouble for pimping/drugs/etc. Megan was expendable to him, as horrible as that sounds. He cut his losses and left LI without her and probably without even looking into what may have happened to her. Coward.

I believe that Cruz's laptop is likely to yield critical information about Megan's final days and will hopefully lead LE to her last client. Based on what we know so far, I think it's pretty safe to assume that her last client was her killer and, therefore, the killer of the other women.

Also, Minazoe, I was wondering the same thing about the phone calls. I haven't heard anything about the characteristics of the voice of the caller but I would think that would be somewhat important. Ethnicity/accent can come across fairly clearly on phone calls. Even if the caller was disguising his voice, it'd be interesting to know what he sounded like. I'd also like to hear SG's LONG 911 call with SCPD because it has been reported that she actually NAMED someone on that call. But alas, we sleuthers don't have access to such things. I hope LE is handling this correctly, I really do. They made so many mistakes early on, I worry.

AS always, this post contains my opinions and theories only.:twocents:

You bring up some very good points svpernin. I totally agree with your opinion of Cruz!

I also agree that the placement of the bodies seems almost ritualistic.
Do we know if the victims' bodies were dumped in sequence with their disappearance? Meaning, were the bodies placed in a line from first to last to disappear? And if so, were they placed from N to S or vice versa? This would give us and idea of the route the perp took, from which direction did he come and where was he headed. Or did he just dump them and do a uturn and head back from whence he came?

Weren't the victims found approx 500 ft apart with the exception that one victim was 1000 ft from the others? I guess I need to go back and look as I could be recalling details from the AC case. So may questions and so few answers...

MOO

wm

Hi WM! I know I remember reading and seeing on a map about the location of the bodies. They were either 500 feet or 500 yards from eachother...Not sure which, feet or yards...I heard both. But I think the 1000 number was the distance between the first body found and the last body found. So, they found the first body... 500 ft/yrds to the left, another...500 ft/yrds to the right, another..and a little further, 1000 ft/yrds to the right ( in relation to the first body found ) was the last. So, I do think they were the same distance apart.

Now about Waterman..I found a site that allows Craigslist users to give reviews..not sure if it is JUST reviews on the adult services section or what, but...
I found a thread, started by a user named "hitman", on May 31, 2010, looking for information on "Lexy" (Megan Waterman). The user states he "TOFTT - took one for the team", had a lousy experience, and didn't want to do that again. He says she is from Portland, ME, copies and pastes her advertisement, and uploads her pic. There is no question... he is talking about Megan Waterman. He didn't get any replies, possibly because he put this thread in New England..? His profile says he is from New Hampshire. And then on June 3, 2010 He wanted to clear up what he meant. He says he "TOFTT" a few days prior, with a girl from Danvers and that he is only looking for information on Megan Waterman so he doesn't waste his money again. This was the same week Waterman disappeared.

What do you all think?

Hi WM! I know I remember reading and seeing on a map about the location of the bodies. They were either 500 feet or 500 yards from eachother...Not sure which, feet or yards...I heard both. But I think the 1000 number was the distance between the first body found and the last body found. So, they found the first body... 500 ft/yrds to the left, another...500 ft/yrds to the right, another..and a little further, 1000 ft/yrds to the right ( in relation to the first body found ) was the last. So, I do think they were the same distance apart.

Now about Waterman..I found a site that allows Craigslist users to give reviews..not sure if it is JUST reviews on the adult services section or what, but...
I found a thread, started by a user named "hitman", on May 31, 2010, looking for information on "Lexy" (Megan Waterman). The user states he "TOFTT - took one for the team", had a lousy experience, and didn't want to do that again. He says she is from Portland, ME, copies and pastes her advertisement, and uploads her pic. There is no question... he is talking about Megan Waterman. He didn't get any replies, possibly because he put this thread in New England..? His profile says he is from New Hampshire. And then on June 3, 2010 He wanted to clear up what he meant. He says he "TOFTT" a few days prior, with a girl from Danvers and that he is only looking for information on Megan Waterman so he doesn't waste his money again. This was the same week Waterman disappeared.

What do you all think?

I think you are a great sleuth internetgirl! This could possibly be valuable information!

Can you give us the name of this site without linking it? Or should we just google CLreviews or something like that? Thanks for your help!

wm

Exactly..its:

CLREVIEWS.COM

not sure whats allowed and whats not allowed on here....Sorry...

and

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

wow Internetgirl...that is just insane that you found that...I wonder if hitman is a killer.

the post sort of sounds provocative...and taunting...Like when a kid tortures another kid by hiding their favorite toy and bidding them to go find it...

just wow...Hitman huh?

or like when the killer comes to the crime scene and chats up the cops, offering to help

actually I think the police might actualy want to know about Hitman's bad experience...does he regularly have bad experiences with hookers? who is the team?

I find this very provocative. VERY.

Im scaring myself over here...when you find the thread, under the user name it says "I'm getting comfortable here"....wth does that mean?

And please someone tell me, there is a green little square under his amount of posts. When you put the cursor on it, it says "hitman is on a distinguished road." -

!!!!!! SORRY, I LOOKED AT OTHER USERS..AND THEY HAVE THE SAME THING...I FEEL BETTER NOW !!!!

Im scaring myself over here...when you find the thread, under the user name it says "I'm getting comfortable here"....wth does that mean?

And please someone tell me, there is a green little square under his amount of posts. When you put the cursor on it, it says "hitman is on a distinguished road."

Very scary...

okay...I'm checking it out...hmmmm...don't be scared.

does law inforcement ever look here?

Internetgirl, I think LE may be interested in this. This guy was looking for Megan days before she went missing. Maybe it's nothing, but if they don't already know about this, you should let them know. I live in Suffolk Co. so let me know if you need me to do anything. I think you may have stumbled across something huge. Great job, girl!

internetgirl101, I agree with svpernin. Just call in the tip. Write down the details beforehand as reference in case you get nervous...Be specific, link the website etc.
Please get a screenshot of the posts just in case.

Way to go girl! Keep us posted...

wm

yeah...call it in to the lead detective or the FBI???? unreal...seriously..

Hitman huh? distinguished road? is that a hint? does he live on a distinguished road? is this literal or is he referring to his path?

wow.

wait or maybe he was posting from the crimescene...the road being distinguished from others because of his crime.

wow.

i would love to know more about hitman's bad experience...hope we don't get in trouble here...so he had a bad experience...hmmmm.

even if it's not hitman ...wonder if this killer will call in or write to police...since he made calls...or a single call. he likes cat and mouse it seems.

i would love to know more about hitman's bad experience...hope we don't get in trouble here...so he had a bad experience...hmmmm.

He clarified that his bad experience was with someone else. He was looking for Megan because he liked her and didn't want to "waste his money" again. Could mean anything but the date of the postings along with the tag "hitman" and "distinguished road" parts concern me.

Also, I don't know if it was the best idea but I sent that link to Megan's mom, she's my FB friend. I told her that we have been putting our heads together trying to find clues in this case and that a WS member found that posting. If I were in her shoes, I would want to see it. I'm sure she will make sure the authorities are notified. But we should still call it in, too. Too many redflags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member