Found Alive NY - M. H., 25, Cortland, 26 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's an absolute miracle that this young lady survived.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Good question. It has to do with the effort M. made for help with a metro LV officer. I'm not trying to be secretive, but she did not get helped. I don't want to go further into that. And that prompted Jon to decide to leave Vegas.

Might they have hitch hiked some of the way? That’s a brutal and almost impossible trek for non athlete, regular folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that at one point M. said they got a ride from a French couple, but I believe that was from LV to Beatty. She is talking about things in a kind of all over the place way right now. But she did say they were out in the woods for a long time and that they weren't like the woods here, they were burnt and weird. She said they were there forever. Clearly there is a whole story & timeline that will make more sense once she has had time to process.

I know that at one point M. said they got a ride from a French couple, but I believe that was from LV to Beatty. She is talking about things in a kind of all over the place way right now. But she did say they were out in the woods for a long time and that they weren't like the woods here, they were burnt and weird. She said they were there forever. Clearly there is a whole story & timeline that will make more sense once she has had time to process.

Thank you for the continued updates! I hope they have a good support system for her in Nevada and hope she can go home soon. This is so traumatic.

M. obviously got her strength and tenacity from you to come through this horrible unfathomable experience a survivor. Blessing to your entire family as the healing process can begin. And "Thank You" for keeping us updated throughout.

Another msm-

http://13wham.com/news/state/missing-cortland-woman-found-beaten-in-nevada-motel-11-04-2017

Also the article above is not using her name due to the charges inflicted by the person below.

Jon Wesley Turner-
f341f794aa7a1dc55de1698f6c63dc40.jpg

It is actually interesting how difficult this is for the media. Some are not using her name, others are but leaving off the sexual assault charges. I personally think everyone knows who was missing, so it's not a secret and neither are his charges. But I think that it will be a topic in some journalism school eventually.

I just spoke with her again and asked her about the desert after Big Bear and she said that a woman who knew Jon picked them up and took them to Bakersfield. So they did go through the mountains and I guess it's called a forest, but did not walk the desert.

You have to cross the desert to get to Vegas from anywhere in California so I hope police are looking into anyone who might have helped him commit these crimes against M.

It is actually interesting how difficult this is for the media. Some are not using her name, others are but leaving off the sexual assault charges. I personally think everyone knows who was missing, so it's not a secret and neither are his charges. But I think that it will be a topic in some journalism school eventually.

I just spoke with her again and asked her about the desert after Big Bear and she said that a woman who knew Jon picked them up and took them to Bakersfield. So they did go through the mountains and I guess it's called a forest, but did not walk the desert.
Newspapers and TV and such don't name victims of sexual assault even if it might be obvious who was missing. So that is why you end up with either leaving out that charge while identifying her as being found or not mentioning her name when mentioning the charges.

Okay, as for the forest that is likely the area immediately surrounding Big Bear or the one to the west. I-15 goes in between toward Victorville and on to Bakersfield. At least they weren't walking the desert. Hopefully, LE can track down who that woman is and find out whether she knew what was going on e.g. aided or abetted or not.

607, Do you know if the Nye County Sheriff's office has been in contact with the San Bernardino Sheriff's Office in Big Bear as part of their investigation? Also, since the kidnapping crossed state lines do you know if the FBI has been brought into the investigation?

607, Do you know if the Nye County Sheriff's office has been in contact with the San Bernardino Sheriff's Office in Big Bear as part of their investigation? Also, since the kidnapping crossed state lines do you know if the FBI has been brought into the investigation?

The detective will be talking to Big Bear if he hasn't already. And at some point he told M that not only would he be charged in NV, but he would likely be charged in other states too. But I don't know about the FBI or if that will happen. What is funny (not ha ha funny) is that the "family & friends" who came out of the woodwork the last time news broke have crawled out from under their rocks again. Deven, Jon's brother was arrested for this in Oct. & is apparently out on bail now. If so, his bail must have been less than Jon's or he is the favorite because for all their yelling - they haven't bailed Jon out. Deven was one of the family members in contact with him and lied, of course, to everyone incl the police.

. I've worked in healthcare for 20 years. HIPPA laws are tough, but they do have exceptions.

RSBM.

It's actually HIPAA. Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

I'm really glad that MH was found and hope she is able to recover quickly from her physical injuries. Mental injuries may take longer but it sounds like she has a good support system and her babies will probably help.

607, do you know when they left Big Bear? I'm curious how long the car was really sitting there abandoned.

The detective will be talking to Big Bear if he hasn't already. And at some point he told M that not only would he be charged in NV, but he would likely be charged in other states too. But I don't know about the FBI or if that will happen. What is funny (not ha ha funny) is that the "family & friends" who came out of the woodwork the last time news broke have crawled out from under their rocks again. Deven, Jon's brother was arrested for this in Oct. & is apparently out on bail now. If so, his bail must have been less than Jon's or he is the favorite because for all their yelling - they haven't bailed Jon out. Deven was one of the family members in contact with him and lied, of course, to everyone incl the police.

I am so happy and relieved that your daughter has been found and alive. And I am so sorry for everything that she had to endure and you also: I have seen some SM postings that are just ... I don’t even know what to say. Many of them left me just speechless, especially those from Jon’s family members. What an ignorant, messed-up bunch.

M is so lucky to have survived this horrific ordeal. I believe she was determined to stay alive for her children and for you. This is a very dangerous individual, IMO, and he needs to be put away for a long, long time (if it were up to me, forever). The part about him choking M to the point of passing out terrifies me, as well as him attacking her with a hatchet. I firmly believe his behavior is likely to progress to the point of killing someone if ever let out.

I am so happy and relieved that your daughter has been found and alive. And I am so sorry for everything that she had to endure and you also: I have seen some SM postings that are just ... I don’t even know what to say. Many of them left me just speechless, especially those from Jon’s family members. What an ignorant, messed-up bunch.

M is so lucky to have survived this horrific ordeal. I believe she was determined to stay alive for her children and for you. This is a very dangerous individual, IMO, and he needs to be put away for a long, long time (if it were up to me, forever). The part about him choking M to the point of passing out terrifies me, as well as him attacking her with a hatchet. I firmly believe his behavior is likely to progress to the point of killing someone if ever let out.
BBM. Jon Turner had choked out his girlfriend (not MH) with their infant in the apartment and ended up in a standoff with SWAT for hours where LE ultimately found several homemade weapons just a little over a year prior to this encounter between him and MH starting in late August. There should be a link to the stories about this incident earlier in the thread.

That LE was nonchalant about MH being missing with this guy is downright criminal in my opinion. They should have been pursuing this aggressively rather than treating it as if MH didn't matter.

607, I'm so sorry to hear of the ordeal your daughter has gone through. But thank you for all your posts, as it's important to get the info out that so many missing women aren't 'grabbed and thrown in a van while walking down the street' but isolated from their loved ones, abused, and discounted by police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey
Back