GUILTY NY - Maddox Lawrence, 21 mos, Syracuse, 20 February 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wondered about that too. It's weird that it's photos of a computer screen.

Also a bit odd that there aren't more recent pictures of Maddox out there. I'm sure they must exist. Just not sure why they haven't been shown. She looks a bit younger in the FB ones.

What a bizarre case.. Where are you little Maddox?! Her poor mum must be a mess right now knowing they've found the dad but not her baby :(

He smelt like firewood. I hope that's only because he was making a fire to keep warm and not for some other more sinister reason :(

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

What time did mum go to work? Also how far away was the father when they found him from where the car was left?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

It looks like less than 20 minutes by car or over three hours by foot according to google. That's just to baldwinsville.

Have they mentioned footage of dad dropping off the car? Was she with him. Poor Maddox could be anywhere.

Here is how a worker at Thrifty Shopper says it unfolded:

The man was in the store to buy a comforter. Another women who used to work at the store happened to be in today and noticed the man. He was wearing a black wig and a hat and sunglasses along with a bandanna covering his mouth. The women at the store thought he was homeless. He smelled like firewood, they said.

The woman who waited on him, did not recognize him, but her former co-worker who was in the store

"She noticed his eyes," she said. "She followed him out of the store," she said. "He was in a hurry," she recalled.

The man, who is believed to be Ryan Lawrence, was found walking a short time later, the Sheriff says. He was ultimately turned over to Syracuse Police who have not confirmed an arrest.

http://cnycentral.com/news/local/911-call-could-be-major-break-in-amber-alert

Hang on, what's a comforter? Like a baby blanket? If so surely that's hopeful?

Wish they could have followed him back to wherever he's been, rather than arresting him on the street.

I said this before!
Something happened t the baby while on his watch and he freaked out hid her body and left the car for wife and took off.
JMO

Takes off.

Hang on, what's a comforter? Like a baby blanket? If so surely that's hopeful?

Wish they could have followed him back to wherever he's been, rather than arresting him on the street.

comforter-----big puffy quilt or blanket for the bed... He was cold needed to keep warm.

UPDATE: 02/23/2016 6:24am Syracuse Police tells WIBX that a press conference is scheduled for 10:00am today.
UPDATE: 02/23/2016 6:17am WSYR-TV’s joined us this morning on WIBX from a wooded area in the Lysander/Baldwinsville region of New York.

Law enforcement authorities have temporarily halted their search in the woods in Baldwinsville and are waiting for forest rangers to arrive to help resume the search after 8:00am this morning.

http://wibx950.com/father-abduction...rching-for-maddox-lawrence/?trackback=tsmclip

comforter-----big puffy quilt or blanket for the bed... He was cold needed to keep warm.

Oh ok, not necessarily for kids then :(

EDIT just googled it - it's commonly known as a duvet in the UK or a doona in Australia. A comforter here is something you'd give a baby, like a blanket or snuggie, hence I was confused why you all seemed pessimistic about it, I was thinking it was great news...

The fact that "dad" was wearing a disguise goes against the mental break theory IMO. Putting a disguise together took time and suggests "dad" knew he did something very wrong.

This case makes me sick. I hope they find the baby soon.

The fact that "dad" was wearing a disguise goes against the mental break theory IMO. Putting a disguise together took time and suggests "dad" knew he did something very wrong.

This case makes me sick. I hope they find the baby soon.

Not to defend the guy for even a second, but there are levels of mental illness. He does seem to know what he did, so not psychotic, but putting a wig on and living in the woods is not exactly sane, either.

Praying for a miracle that this baby is safe.

Not to defend the guy for even a second, but there are levels of mental illness. He does seem to know what he did, so not psychotic, but putting a wig on and living in the woods is not exactly sane, either.

Praying for a miracle that this baby is safe.

I think the baby is dead!
I think he is responsible! Possibly accidental!
I think he wanted to die but cant do it!
I'm glad he was found!
My bet is he told LE where they could find her.

All JMO

I think the baby is dead!
I think he is responsible! Possibly accidental!
I think he wanted to die but cant do it!
I'm glad he was found!
My bet is he told LE where they could find her.

All JMO

Sadly, I think you are pretty close, Eileen. I'm going to hold out hope for a miracle , though ! :please:

This is a little off topic, but I find something interesting... we have 2 of 4 current Amber Alerts. We have a little white female Maddox Lawrence, 2, missing since February 20th, allegedly taken by her father. Then we have a little Hispanic female, Mabel Lopez, 8, missing since February 17th, allegedly taken by her parents. What's interesting is the amount of comments or attention one is getting compared to the other. Much like - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, February 13th, last seen leaving a bar to take a smoke and Ademola Owolana, 36, Chicago, February 19th, last seen leaving a bar to take a smoke.

There are always variables in different situations, I know. No implications made or implied. Just interesting. :cheers:

If you're implying that race/gender/age plays a part in which cases people pay attention to, you're not wrong. But I think it might have more to do with personal connections. This particular case got my attention because I actually got the Amber Alert on my phone, I've been to that shopping mall multiple times, and because, with her big brown eyes, she looks eerily like my own children did at that age.

Also, cases that have a really mysterious or unexplainable element get more attention. I'm saddened by stories of young people who leave bars in the middle of the night and are never seen again, but 9 times out of 10 they're found in a nearby body of water: sadly, not mysterious at all. Awful, but there's not much to wonder about. (These cases are very common and they still elicit a large amount of interest and empathy, though perhaps not as much as a missing baby.)

Similarly, most parental kidnappings are resolved fairly quickly and everyone is safe in the end. This case has very bizarre elements thrown in: the dropped off car (why??) and the crazy-sounding, very worrisome note.

It would be great if every single missing person case got the same amount of attention, but we on Websleuths are only human and only have a limited amount of attention to give. For the most part, WSers are amazingly egalitarian, empathetic and caring, and are truly concerned with *all* victims.

My 2cents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back