Deceased/Not Found NY - Mahfuza Rahman, 30, Manhattan, NYC, 9 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://m.facebook.com/marymurphymystery/

Mary Murphy will be doing a segment on Mahfuza and the ongoing investigation into her disappearance. It will air on PIX11 tonight at 10 pm. Should be posted on MM FB soon after.

She also did a brief interview with me. I'm hoping that will air as well. So happy I got a hold of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so far i am working with the lead of the homocide squad and we are trying to get in contact with the family once again with a translator. The husband is in bangladesh with their daughter in comilla bangladesh and they currently reside with his mother.

Three years later, no sign of missing nurse, but husband has moved on, remarried - NY Daily News
Barely 96 hours after Mahfuza Rahman mysteriously disappeared, her husband vanished too — turning up halfway around the world in his native Bangladesh, their 9-year-old daughter in tow.

Three years down the road, as the Bronx nurse’s devastated family remains stuck in emotional limbo, little has changed: Spouse Mohammad Chowdnury, though remarried, remains overseas with his daughter. Mahfuza Rahman never resurfaced. And her parents remain suspicious about their estranged son-in-law’s possible role in the still unsolved disappearance.

The NYPD agrees: Chowdhury, now 42, remains their sole person of interest in the cold case. They believe she was a victim of foul play that most likely occurred inside her Bronx home as their 10-year marriage imploded.

ny-1544287491-wvzbvhep7r-snap-image

Photo of Mahfuza's daughter

Three years later, no sign of missing nurse, but husband has moved on, remarried - NY Daily News

Retired Detective Reiman said there’s a strong circumstantial case against Choudhury but investigators would like something more.

Perhaps a witness “seeing a figure dragging something heavy” in the night between late Dec. 9, 2015 and early Dec. 10.

Detectives would like to know if anyone in the home located at 22 E. 198th St. in the Bronx called for a cab or perhaps asked a friend for a ride.

“I feel there’s things out there,” Detective Reiman said of evidence that will help the case.

“She is definitely not alive,” Reiman said of Mahfuza Rahman.

Her husband is definitely living his life.

He is now remarried and raising the daughter he had with Mahfuza Rahman in the area of Comilla, Bangladesh.

Hi all,
I have not posted in a while. I have however been in contact with the DA in mahfuza's case. and slowly but surely the case is coming to a close. I cannot however say the details because it will affect with the integrity of the case. I am happy to say that mahfuzas family is also aware of the updates. Last i spoke to the DA was back in april. I am elated to see that they are always keeping me and her family updated in everything they are doing. All i have left to say is that she will get the justice she very much deserves. She did not deserve her life to be cut short. Unfortunately there will be a time when i have to give testimony and i don't know how i will do it but i will keep Mahfuza in my heart always. REST EASY MAHFUZA!

I just listened to the Vanished Podcast for Mahfuza, so heartbreaking. I googled, but still found no recent updates

Mahfuza Rahman

Rahman, circa 2015; Mohammad Chowdhury

Missing Since
12/08/2015
Missing From
the Bronx, New York
Classification
Endangered Missing
Sex
Female
Race
Asian
Height and Weight
5'3 - 5'5, 100 - 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics
Asian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Rahman was born in Bangladesh.
Details of Disappearance
Rahman was last seen in New York City on December 8, 2015. She lived on east 198th Street in the Kingsbridge Heights area of the Bronx. She worked as a nurse at Bellevue Hospital at the time of her disappearance. The day of her disappearance, she went to work, then went to call at Hunter College, then arrived home. She has never been heard from again.

Rahman was supposed to show up for work on December 10, but never did. The hospital authorities contacted her husband, Mohammad Chowdhury, who said Rahman had gone back to her native Bangladesh the previous day because her parents had been seriously injured in an accident. A photo of Chowdhury is posted with this case summary.

When Rahman had still not returned to work by December 14, the hospital police went to her apartment and spoke to Chowdhury. He changed his story slightly, saying Rahman's had left for Bangladesh that morning to see her parents, who had been critically injured and were not expected to live. He said she would come back to work in March.

Later that day, Chowdhury flew to Bangladesh with the couple's nine-year-old daughter. They had been Rahman's only relatives in the United States; the rest of her family lived in Bangladesh.

The police began investigating Rahman's disappearance on March 4, nearly four months after she was last seen, after she didn't return to work as Chowdhury had said she would. They contacted Rahman's parents and learned they hadn't been in a car accident and hadn't heard from their daughter since the day before she was last seen. Chowdhury had told them Rahman had left him for another man.

There was no documentary evidence that Rahman had left the United States at all. Authorities were suspicious and searched the family's residence. The basement was flooded from a broken pipe and the walls had been freshly painted. Authorities dug up the freshly poured patio, but found no evidence there. They did find Rahman's clothes, wallet, credit cards and passport inside the house.

They repeatedly tried to contact Chowdhury, but weren't able to reach him until later that month, when he called them from Bangladesh. He told them his marriage had been troubled, and said he wanted to return to New York and he thought Rahman's family was going to kill him.

Chowdhury is known to have purchased a sixteen-inch camping ax and packing tape on the morning of December 10, just hours after Rahman was last seen. He has not returned to the United States. The couple's daughter now lives with Chowdhury's mother, and Chowdhury has remarried.

Police believe Rahman is dead; they stated she was a person of very regular habits and it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her coworkers described her as a very religious Muslim and a private person who sometimes talked about her daughter, but never even mentioned her husband.

She had studied chemistry at the University of Dhaka in Bangladesh, then got an associate's degree at LaGuardia Community College before transferring to Hunter College, where she was studying for a bachelor's degree in nursing. Authorities have named Chowdhury the prime suspect in her disappearance and are trying to build a murder case against him.

Investigating Agency
New York Police Department 718-378-8551
Source Information
NamUs
PIX 11
New York Daily News
Big Horn County News
The Vanished Podcast
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 6, 2018; details of disappearance updated

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back