Identified! NY - Manhattan, LIVING girl, 14-17, amnesia, Oct'09 - Kacie Peterson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is one that I found on the Washington State missing site:
http://www.waspc.org/mp/missing.php?wac=08M0017698

A. L. Calleson who might be her. Snagged it before I got booted out:

But have been unable to find a picture of her. Been looking but don't see Calleson as a common name in Washington. Did find a reference to this last name in a trailer park Elma McCleary Rd, Washington which probably means nothing.

Interested in knowing what more the tipster knew about this JD's situation to provide the tip to LE.

Interesting. You shouldn't get booted out if you follow the direct link in this post ... hopefully not anyway.

Attachments

• Amber Lynn Calleson Missing.jpg
    Amber Lynn Calleson Missing.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 58
I found a Myspace for ALC....Looks like she recently logged in? And doesn't look anything like our NYC girl :/

I wondered about Washington DC as opposed to Washington state.

BUT, the first article that came out, before it specified a place, DID state that it was a "western state" that had reported her missing...and it was a different source than those saying Washington state, now...so that made me think maybe it really was Washington state and it's just the very un-user friendly system they've got there that's making us hard for us to find her!

I wonder if they removed her from the system already?

I just read an article that claims she has been identified as Kacie Peterson. (My first post here btw)

Kacie Peterson, who was reported missing from Hansville, a small town north of Kingston, was picked up by New York City police outside a shelter near Times Square on Oct. 9, authorities said. It's unclear how the 18-year-old woman traveled to New York from her home near Kingston, said Kingston County sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilson.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010135633_webmissingteen25m.html#

More at link

"Kacie Peterson, who was reported missing from Hansville, a small town north of Kingston, was picked up by New York City police outside a shelter near Times Square on Oct. 9, authorities said. It's unclear how the 18-year-old woman traveled to New York from her home near Kingston, said Kingston County sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilson.

Over the past several hours, New York police and Kingston County sheriff's investigators have identified Peterson as the memory-impaired woman, Wilson said. Peterson's family has flown to New York to bring her home.

Wilson said there have been multiple confirmations that the woman in custody in New York is indeed the woman missing from the Kingston-area. He said the missing person's report is now closed.

When Peterson was found in New York she was wearing tattered clothing and didn't have identification.

Authorities said the teen told them she had no memories of her name, home or family. Police experts and psychiatrists didn't believe she was faking.

Wilson said that Peterson has a history of memory loss. He said that the woman's father, who lives in Colville, in northeast Washington, told investigators that she once vanished from the family home and when she was later found, lying on the ground near a stream, she couldn't remember how she got there.

Peterson's father reported her missing to the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office on Oct. 2, Wilson said. Peterson's father has been in contact with Kitsap County law enforcement and is aware that his daughter has been located in New York.

Peterson moved to Hansville from Colville in the last several months to live with her late mother's best friend, Wilson said. Peterson had attended Kingston High School part-time, Wilson added."

Washington state seriously needs to update their stuff. How in the world did this person from MD ID her? I can't find anything. I did find a Kacie peterson from washington state or I presume, since her friends were from Seatle. Nobody in her pic looked like Jane Doe. Also found a Courtney Lee with Washington connection definately didn't look like JD!

horrible missing person's reports....they said her skin color was unknown!

horrible missing person's reports....they said her skin color was unknown!

That is by far the WORST missing persons website I have ever seen. It does not show pictures, it leaves out pertinent facts about physical appearance, and it does not tell the circumstances of the disappearance.

If I or any of my loved ones ever go missing, God help us if it is in Washington State.

That is by far the WORST missing persons website I have ever seen. It does not show pictures, it leaves out pertinent facts about physical appearance, and it does not tell the circumstances of the disappearance.

If I or any of my loved ones ever go missing, God help us if it is in Washington State.

Has me wondering if thats where Benjamin Kyle is from

I hope I am wrong but my hinkey meter is going off on this one. Drain bank account, wind up on the other side of the USA in New York City. Why did she drain her bank account, and where did the money go? Also was it medically proven she has a problem with amnesia or is it just her fathers diagnosis?

Also... CNN reports that there was bank activity, maybe not draining the account before she disappeared. Ok so she remembered her bank account number or ATM pin number and not her name??????

I just read an article that claims she has been identified as Kacie Peterson. (My first post here btw)
=====================================

sleuthysleuth:

Good job on your first post~:dance:

Welcome~~~
:woohoo:

I don't think Kacie was faking anything. Some of the news reports are saying that this kind of thing has happened to her before - disappearing, and turning up dazed, confused and with little to no memory of what happened.

Dollars to doughnuts that she has undiagnosed epilepsy. There's a type of seizure known as an epileptic fugue which presents as flight and amnesia. The confusion and subdued demeanor in the post-ictal period is also typical of seizures.

I would imagine that this began as a runaway situation, and the combination of stress and the high stimulus environment of NYC brought on the seizure. I know that my seizure threshold is seriously lowered by both stress and high stimulus environments.

Also, re: the atm withdrawal - she didn't any money, atm card etc on her when she was found. As a young runaway she would have been particularly vulnerable to theft and assault, and may not have been responsible for the atm activity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morgy1
Back