Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
N8tiveNYR said:
I'm just jumping on real quick to follow up with the above organized crime link... BTW Mickey Featherstone was the one who turned. He is in the witness protection program now. Another little piece is that Tommy Hess was a good friend of my father. When I read the Westie's book in the early '90's and asked my Dad questions, he said, "They killed my good friend, Tommy Hess." I was stunned because I was sheltered from that as a child. And no, my Dad was not a Westie. It was the kind of neighborhood where everyone knew each other (and of each other) through either their church parish or the corner bar. I know some of these guys are still around but they don't have much power anymore. They sit in the bar denying the Westie's ever existed. I have experienced that firsthand and very recently. So, I'm going to stop there. As I said, my Dad is very ill. He needs a liver transplant and I am going to get tested to see if I fit the criteria for a living donor. :( Please keep us in your thoughts. I will be popping on and posting, but I'm not sure when I can get to photograph the building or get any property records.

I recognized a few names but I am going on an 8 year olds memory. Tommy Collins sounds familiar.I never even heard Westies until I was 17 maybe and I thought they were i Chicago.
All that Irish Heritage there and nobody claims her? It makes me think huh.. its weird ? I did find a website about irish heritage and these people were letting it fly. I'll be back on later . I'll find it.
LOL and would your dad or anyones dad say they were.Thats what they were talking about. I was laughing when this kid came on aand asked if anyone knew the boxer because it might be her grandfather.
they did have good links and decent info.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/337ufny.html
Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on February 10, 2003 in Manhattan, New York City, New York
She was a victim of homicide by strangulation
Skeletal Remains
The time of death occured sometime after 1988

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 21 years old. Several of her teeth and bones had not reached full maturity, suggesting she was between 17 and 19 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light-colored hair, possibly red or reddish. Petite build. She wore a size 32 A bra.
Dentals: Available. She had expensive dental work at one point in her life, but her teeth also had severe decay, suggesting she may have been from a family of means but may have fallen on hard times, perhaps getting hooked on drugs, living on the streets or working as a prostitute.
Clothing/Jewelry: She was wearing a gold-colored ring inscribed with the initials P McG. Other clues include a brassiere and remains of pantyhose and a standard 1966 Bulova watch.
Other: Possibly of Irish descent. The victim may also have abused drugs, and been a prostitute - scraps of glittery clothing were also recovered at the scene.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/254ufny.html

Unidentified White Female

Skeletal remains found on May 13, 1984 at Harriman State Park, Orange County, New York, adjacent to State Route 6, South.
Cause of death is an apparent gunshot.
Estimated date of death: January 1982

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 35 - 45 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-5'4"; 100-140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Her hair was naturally gray, but she had dyed it brown. She was of medium build.
Clothing: Gray cotton jersey shorts, aprx. 27" waist and a light-colored bra, aprx. 34" - 36". Also found was a single-pierced earring; a yellow gold necklace; a 14K yellow gold engagement ring size 6½ with European cut center diamond of 1.10 carats with 3 smaller diamonds on each side. This ring resized larger. Also found was a 3-stone 14K yellow gold mother's ring with aqua and ruby stones, and third stone missing (March & July remained). This ring marked with "14KT. P.G." ???????
Dental: Extensive, expensive fillings. Full dental and skeletal X-rays are available.

Wonder if they are related?

N8tiveNYR said:
I'm just jumping on real quick to follow up with the above organized crime link... BTW Mickey Featherstone was the one who turned. He is in the witness protection program now. Another little piece is that Tommy Hess was a good friend of my father. When I read the Westie's book in the early '90's and asked my Dad questions, he said, "They killed my good friend, Tommy Hess." I was stunned because I was sheltered from that as a child. And no, my Dad was not a Westie. It was the kind of neighborhood where everyone knew each other (and of each other) through either their church parish or the corner bar. I know some of these guys are still around but they don't have much power anymore. They sit in the bar denying the Westie's ever existed. I have experienced that firsthand and very recently. So, I'm going to stop there. As I said, my Dad is very ill. He needs a liver transplant and I am going to get tested to see if I fit the criteria for a living donor. :( Please keep us in your thoughts. I will be popping on and posting, but I'm not sure when I can get to photograph the building or get any property records.

Hope you and your father are doing okay.

Face looks close to me. It certainly can't hurt to submit it.

You've been busy cabinfever! Great job :)

Both Patricia and the Jane Doe were killed by the same person...first Patricia was killed and her things taken then somehow the killer befriended the Jane Doe and gave her the ring before killing her........what do you think? A serial killer.............

Is this post a joke?

Is this post a joke?

lol - I thought the same thing TomF.

I had never heard of Manhattan Jane Doe before. I am glad the case was bumped up.

It is interesting she was found in the basement covered by concrete.....the fact that she was entombed in concrete makes me think the person who killed her may have had regular access and license to be in the basement. I am not sure how long it takes to pour concrete but you have to be able to get the supples down there, pour it and let it dry. It seems if you did not belong in that area it would seem a little suspicious lugging dry concrete to the basement.

I know in my NYC apt the basement is always locked.

I wonder why the police think she could be of Irish descent.

also, maybe she wasn't a prostitute, but a nanny looking on a night out in Manhattan? sounds like the Swedish nanny case here in Boston about 10 years ago, when they only found half of her, in a dumpster. :(

I've noticed Doe Network posting more international disappearances. maybe it's time to start looking at U.K. missing persons cases for a hint?

I recall discussing this case a few years ago in an earlier thread. The indications (and not all that strong, I'll admit) that she may have been Irish were that her hair was red (or reddish) and that she had the P McG ring.

The thing about this that got me was the fact that she was wrapped up in a blanket/carpet then encased in concrete. I actually sat down with my friendly home repair box-store salesman and figured out how much concrete that would take..And it wasn't a small amount. This was a public building, not someone "putting a new floor" in their own garage. It had to have been some undertaking, unless she was placed there when the building was built/renovated---Which I highly doubt, as it sounds like this is an old building.
Puzzling, to say the least.

I found one man in his late 30's that lives in NYC and signed his name as P McG on a blog.

He has some interesting poetry on one of his blogs.

Total speculation, but it's still interesting to me that he's used the moniker "P McG", has poetry which talks about a young girl being hit by a bus, and lives in NYC. Probably just coincidence.

Maybe the P McG ring didn't belong to her, maybe it belonged to her killer or maybe it doesn't belong to either of them and might actually belong to people they knew. Maybe the ring belonged to some complete stranger and it was stolen from them

I recall discussing this case a few years ago in an earlier thread. The indications (and not all that strong, I'll admit) that she may have been Irish were that her hair was red (or reddish) and that she had the P McG ring.

The thing about this that got me was the fact that she was wrapped up in a blanket/carpet then encased in concrete. I actually sat down with my friendly home repair box-store salesman and figured out how much concrete that would take..And it wasn't a small amount. This was a public building, not someone "putting a new floor" in their own garage. It had to have been some undertaking, unless she was placed there when the building was built/renovated---Which I highly doubt, as it sounds like this is an old building.
Puzzling, to say the least.

I agree. I said a similar thing in my earlier post. The fact that this was a public building is what makes the poured cement interestting. It leads me to believe the perp had a strong connection with the building, it was not abnormal to see this person around the building and in the basemet which made it easier for him to take the concrete mix into the basement to pour it over the body without raising too much suspicion.

I agree. I said a similar thing in my earlier post. The fact that this was a public building is what makes the poured cement interestting. It leads me to believe the perp had a strong connection with the building, it was not abnormal to see this person around the building and in the basemet which made it easier for him to take the concrete mix into the basement to pour it over the body without raising too much suspicion.

As for what we figured up, the sales guy said no one would mix this amount of concrete by hand, unless they had a long time to do it. More likely, it would be mixed by machine on scene or, even more likely in the city, be delivered by truck and sent down on a chute. That's why I started wondering if there was any construction going on in the area... Like Mack Ray Edwards in California, getting rid of the bodies of the children he murdered at highway construction sites.

This missing female is a possibility;
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2765dfco.html
Penny McClees
Missing since February 18, 1985 from Aurora, Colorado
Classification: Endangered Missing

Circumstances of Disappearance
On February 18, 1985 at 8:59 a.m., Aurora Police officers responded to the home of John and Penny McClees in the 2500 block of South Pagosa Court, on a report that Penny McClees was missing.
After an exhaustive investigation, the whereabouts of Penny has yet to be determined.
Over the years, police have developed leads into the disappearance of Penny, but have yet to determine her possible whereabouts. It is suspected that Penny may have met with foul play.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Aurora Police Department
Detective Conner
303-739–6190

I wonder why no age, height, weight, hair color given for McClees? I may have to call LE to find out, hopefully they will elaborate...
Here's Side by Side of JD and McClees

Attachments

• 337UFNY found 2-10-2003 NY been there since 88.jpg
    337UFNY found 2-10-2003 NY been there since 88.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Penny McClees missing 1985.jpg
    Penny McClees missing 1985.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 28

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online