GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I swear I want to slap some people. I'll start with "mom" and I use that term loosely then I'll move on to bf. Her parents, while they are not responsible, I wonder why they didn't know too much? I mean I know you can hide stuff from your parents and cut them off, but I just wished they'd tried a little harder. Not their fault what happened, but dang.....
Yeah, another Robert Manwill. Sick mom, sick bf. I'll bet he was dead a couple of days before they reported him.

Bless those police officers and others searching for him. Let him be found and laid to rest. I hate child abusers. And animal abusers. I'm at a loss for what else I can say....

I really have to put the blame on the Bio parents and the boyfriend, and not the grandparents. Speaking from experience, my parents have 14 grandchildren, and many great grandchildren. Since mom passed, my dad hasn't a clue what my son does, how old he is, or what kind of grades he gets. My mom always said = I had my babies, and raised you well. Now it's your turn. Please don't expect me to watch over them (although she loved them dearly). My dad, not so much. We brought our son over for visits, but they never ever babysat or were involved in his everyday life. Maybe it's the same case here?

Anyway - good post.

Mel

yes... that video I posted above does have the video clip of the little boy in a store with byrd.

it looks to be a camera from the store.

I just can't make myself watch a video of this baby.
Last time I looked at pictures/video was little Shaniya at the elevator. I still see those images in my brain several times a day.

I'm assuming from reading posts that the video is of Marc and "stepdaddy" at a store?
Was it the same day he went missing?

ETA: Sorry, I see my questions were answered right above my post. Thanks nursebeeme.

yes... that video I posted above does have the video clip of the little boy in a store with byrd.

it looks to be a camera from the store.

What does this video mean?

And now we find out Marc's mother is also the mother of the FIRST child Byrd beat?! :banghead:

Story is on NG right now. Chief of LE states BF has not agreed to polygraph, but some reporter said he did agree, so there is a discrepancy. Search is still on - dogs, cadaver dogs, etc. Very cold there.
BF claims injury to prior child happened when he tried to do Heimlich.
NG practically in tears. Talking about women who keep men who abuse.
Maybe mother abuses child as well? No evidence.
No news on case.
I think little Marc is gone, but I don't see how he could have put him in the Hudson without being seen. I am hearing that the search dogs alerted in the house, but don't know result. Hopefully, the body is in the home, so the poor child may be laid to rest. Mother needs to be charged as well IMOO.:banghead:

The bio dad was on NG, he seemed reasonable, stated he wants Cory Byrd to 'fess up. I believe he said "man up." Wow, that area of town looks so disparaged, so poor, abandoned buildings, boarded up windows, drug/crime area. Poor boy, had little chance growing up in that neighborhood.
Does anyone know if the mother worked and where? Did BF work? Had CYS been to the home before? What other children were in the home? Thanks all...:eek:

Bio dad has no emotions in that video other than asking CB to 'man up'. I'd be beside myself if that was my little boy however I saw no real emotions from bio dad. Mute the video and just watch. He could be talking about the weather. Are these ppl just too drugged up to really care????

~come home little man~

Story is on NG right now. Chief of LE states BF has not agreed to polygraph, but some reporter said he did agree, so there is a discrepancy. Search is still on - dogs, cadaver dogs, etc. Very cold there.
BF claims injury to prior child happened when he tried to do Heimlich.
NG practically in tears. Talking about women who keep men who abuse.
Maybe mother abuses child as well? No evidence.
No news on case.
I think little Marc is gone, but I don't see how he could have put him in the Hudson without being seen. I am hearing that the search dogs alerted in the house, but don't know result. Hopefully, the body is in the home, so the poor child may be laid to rest. Mother needs to be charged as well IMOO.:banghead:
whaaaat?????~~~~

omg!~

Bio dad has no emotions in that video other than asking CB to 'man up'. I'd be beside myself if that was my little boy however I saw no real emotions from bio dad. Mute the video and just watch. He could be talking about the weather. Are these ppl just too drugged up to really care????

~come home little man~

You got me. I don't know, maybe just having to live and cope in that environment can numb a person, lots of tragic stuff all around - poverty, drugs, I don't know. The mother is also numb looking. They could be brother and sister. But, in my humble experience, in is not fair to judge a person's emotional appearance to a tragedy - everyone's reaction is different, and folks cope with harsh situations in their own ways. Just because a person does not scream and cry does not mean they do not care. You could also be right about the drugs, which would change true emotional reaction.

I'm having a hard time believing mom wasn't involved. The things she say's, the fact that the baby didn't make it to school that day, and her lack of emotion force me to think that maybe she hurt Marc, and perhaps the boyfriend dumped him (*GAG!*) so mom could go to work and things wouldn't be out of the ordinary? I don't know. I just think both of them are guilty.

Unfortunatly I am having the same thoughts. The fact he didn't go to school that day just doesn't sit right for me. Possible something happened the night before. Also, I'm not seeing any eye contact with the camera but a lot of looking down or off to the side.
I really hope I'm wrong!!

VB

Unfortunatly I am having the same thoughts. The fact he didn't go to school that day just doesn't sit right for me. Possible something happened the night before. Also, I'm not seeing any eye contact with the camera but a lot of looking down or off to the side.
I really hope I'm wrong!!

VB

Yes, I agree kind of reminds me of Susan Smith when she was on tv, please, please return my babies. She was the same way, didn't want to look at the camera.

On NG I heard one of the talking heads say that Byrd's story was he was asleep and woke up to find the backdoor open and the little boy gone and called 911....?!

What I have heard intially was that they were getting ready to leave to go to a relative's and the boy stepped out before him and by the time Byrd got out the little boy was no where to be found,,,,So which is it ?

Yes, I agree kind of reminds me of Susan Smith when she was on tv, please, please return my babies. She was the same way, didn't want to look at the camera.

True but Susan Smith did it, where as this mother was at work.

I can only imagine how hard it is to look into a TV camera, when you have never been in front of one before. with millions of people looking at you. as your heart is breaking over your child missing.

I agree. Also reminds me of Susan Smith. Crying for her baby. Should have thought of that when she allowed SOB violent child abuser BF to live with her and her precious children. I tend to think she knows there was abuse going on w/ good ol' BF, but can't come to believe he did something really bad to the child. (I don't know why - after all, he nearly killed her oldest child, and already burned little Marc's hands). I am so sick of these worthless mothers that let lousy men live with them just so they can have a man. The children suffer!:furious:

True but Susan Smith did it, where as this mother was at work.

I can only imagine how hard it is to look into a TV camera when you have never been in front one before with millions of people looking at you.

Unless it happened the night before.

There would be no imagine for me if it was my child, my face would be right there begging for help I don't even think the camera would have to find me, I would find the camera. The only thing that would be on my mind is my child.

Unless it happened the night before.

There would be no imagine for me if it was my child, my face would be right there begging for help I don't even think the camera would have to find me, I would find the camera. The only thing that would be on my mind is my child.

There is no indication this happened the night before.

IMO, the mother is doing the best she can under the circumstances and NG shouldn't be judging this mother for her lack of eye contact with the camera. :furious: NG leads the general public in the wrong direction and this is not fair to the mother.

I was watching the morning show and there was a woman on that was ripped up because she was trying so hard to adopt a child and of coarse there was a shady man trying to sell a few families one child and they all got ripped off, I didn't hear the whole story but my point is there are so many families that really want children it is hard to understand why any child would be hurt. It takes a lot of love to give a child up for adopt, parents if your not ready for children, give them up to someone who will love them there is no shame in loving your child enough to want the best for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20
Back