NY - Mari Gilbert, mother of Shannan Gilbert, murdered by daughter Sarra, 23 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That might be what the killer is counting on, yes. Hoping people will just use the mental illness as the reason she did it.

I can't unsee the connection with Hackett calling the Gilbert family earlier, and this theory. Could he be connected to a possible phone call to convince Sarra to kill her mother? Given Sarra's mental state, which was common knowledge, I would not be surprised if the killer called her to convince her to kill her mom, Mari.

And from what I have seen, it was mostly Mari Gilbert who kept the case alive, when neither the media, nor the police put the effort in to keep it up. She was always pushing law enforcement to keep investigating, talking to the media, giving interviews. The killer possibly thought he would benefit from Mari being killed (although it brought with it even more media attention, which he might not have counted on).

Even if it is not Dr Hackett, LISK is known for calling his victim's relatives.

Does anyone know if the phone records were ever released?

Very doubtful. CPH is a colorful individual whose willingness to help others and his desire to look the part of the hero and simply be accepted in the eyes of others may have put him in the middle of something much larger than he could ever have wished for but there isn't one shred of evidence to suggest that he did anything criminal. The man has malpractice insurance and the crazy lawsuit against him (that will never hold water in court) is a medical malpractice wrongful death lawsuit that would have been covered by his liability insurance if he somehow lost in a fairyland court. There were never any criminal charges against him because he never did anything to warrant them. So where is any motive for Dr. CPH to push anyone to kill Mari???

No way Jose. LOL

I do agree with what was said about how people with mental illness can easily be persuaded. That has been my suspicion with Mari all along and her obsession with trying to convince the world that CPH was responsible for her daughter's death. I don't know if it's been shared here or if it was only in the court records so I don't want to state anything about the timeline of the phone calls from CPH to Mari other than hinting that the timeline she claims took place may not be entirely true and that her fantasy timeline supports her theory when in fact the real timeline dismisses it. There is an interview out there where she admits part of this but the real truth is in the phone records.

Does anyone know if Mari's real phone records were reprinted here for all to see the real truth?

Very doubtful. CPH is a colorful individual whose willingness to help others and his desire to look the part of the hero and simply be accepted in the eyes of others may have put him in the middle of something much larger than he could ever have wished for but there isn't one shred of evidence to suggest that he did anything criminal. The man has malpractice insurance and the crazy lawsuit against him (that will never hold water in court) is a medical malpractice wrongful death lawsuit that would have been covered by his liability insurance if he somehow lost in a fairyland court. There were never any criminal charges against him because he never did anything to warrant them. So where is any motive for Dr. CPH to push anyone to kill Mari???

No way Jose. LOL

I do agree with what was said about how people with mental illness can easily be persuaded. That has been my suspicion with Mari all along and her obsession with trying to convince the world that CPH was responsible for her daughter's death. I don't know if it's been shared here or if it was only in the court records so I don't want to state anything about the timeline of the phone calls from CPH to Mari other than hinting that the timeline she claims took place may not be entirely true and that her fantasy timeline supports her theory when in fact the real timeline dismisses it. There is an interview out there where she admits part of this but the real truth is in the phone records.

Does anyone know if Mari's real phone records were reprinted here for all to see the real truth?

To the best of both my knowledge and my memory, I do not believe any of those phone records were ever posted here on websleuths for our viewing. I can't see why they would have been, either.

I do recall someone "in the know" making comments as to how they were not going to be the same as they were represented earlier in the case.

Okay so reguarding Shannan Gilbert I 100 percent believe she is also a victim from the same murderer of the other four women on Gilgo beach. Her family had indenpent Dr Baden world renowned coroner look at her and he declared in her autopsy she was strangled and she also had no illegal substances. So therefore she definitley did not die of the weather elements like the police tried to say. She also wasn't losing her mind from drugs either. I feel so bad for the one sister because now the Mother of shannan was killed by the other sister who was always interviewed in different specials on tv. I'm not saying there wasn't mental illness with this family because apparently it is widely know. There was schizophrenia and bipolar but I still believe what dr Baden said in her autopsy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad to find out the mom who was fighting so hard is now taken away from this world by her own daughter this family has had to endure terrible tragedies in a short amount of time

Okay so reguarding Shannan Gilbert I 100 percent believe she is also a victim from the same murderer of the other four women on Gilgo beach. Her family had indenpent Dr Baden world renowned coroner look at her and he declared in her autopsy she was strangled and she also had no illegal substances. So therefore she definitley did not die of the weather elements like the police tried to say. She also wasn't losing her mind from drugs either. I feel so bad for the one sister because now the Mother of shannan was killed by the other sister who was always interviewed in different specials on tv. I'm not saying there wasn't mental illness with this family because apparently it is widely know. There was schizophrenia and bipolar but I still believe what dr Baden said in her autopsy

Sherre Gilbert is the sister who was almost always interviewed, not Sarra who murdered Mari.

I found this out a couple of weeks ago when Shannan's story and the LISK case was featured on People Magazine Investigates. I was stunned, and to find out Sarra did it was equally as shocking.

I just want to pay my respects to Mari in noting her passing. The first thing that came to my mind when I read of her murder was "maybe now she has answers and knows what happened to her baby,"

I really hope so. Mari was fearless in her pursuit of getting to the truth. I a
Ways admired her for that. She never gave up on finding justice for her Shannan.

May she Rest In Peace and rejoice in her reunion with her daughter.

This family has been through so much. God bless them as they go on without their matriarch. I hope Sarra gets the care she needs.

Mari was relentless and so admirable in her pursuit of justice for Shannan and the other victims. She had a grace and strength about her, and I hope she is at peace and would like to think reunited with her precious daughter.

Trial of Ellenville murder suspect due to start in mid-April

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-news/20170227/trial-of-ellenville-murder-suspect-due-to-start-in-mid-april

The Ellenville woman accused of stabbing her mother to death last summer is to stand trial in April.

Jury selection in the Sarra Gilbert murder case is scheduled to begin April 17 in Ulster County Court, a court spokesperson said Monday.

Gilbert, 27, has been charged with second-degree murder in the July 23, 2016, death of her mother, Mari Gilbert, 52.

The Death of Mari Gilbert seems too "neat". I haven't read through this entire thread in case it wasn't mentioned already, but I smell a rat. Mari was onto something and her death is s convenient way to stop the light being shed on Burke and the suffix county PD

The Death of Mari Gilbert seems too "neat". I haven't read through this entire thread in case it wasn't mentioned already, but I smell a rat. Mari was onto something and her death is s convenient way to stop the light being shed on Burke and the suffix county PD
Are you suggesting that Sara was not sick and did not kill Mari?
I dont think the term "neat" would apply.

Deedee21 is correct there was nothing "neat" about Mari Gilbert's murder. However the murder is cut and dry. A clear matricide.

Mari was murdered by her own daughter Sarra Elizabeth Gilbert who suffered from serious mental disabilities and had been charged several months ago with fatally stabbing her dog, On the day she fatally stabbed her mother she first pummeled her with a fire extinguisher.

Mari Gilbert's other daughter, Shannan Gilbert, vanished in May 2010 after fleeing the home of a client in Oak Beach, New York. The search for the missing woman led to the surprise discovery of 11 sets of human remains, including hers. No one have ever been arrested in any of the killings. But investigators believe a possible serial killer -- perhaps more than one -- is responsible.

A K-9 officer and his cadaver dog were on a training mission searching for Gilbert in December 2010 when they happened upon what would become by spring of the following year 10 sets of human remains -- eight women, a man and a toddler. The remains were found strewn along several miles of thicket adjacent to Ocean Parkway, just east of Jones Beach.

Youtube Retiurn To Gilgo Pt.2 John Ray states that Sara stabbed Mari over 200 times. And then she tried to cut her head off. This was a vicious attack.

Ok- what I want to know is, was there witnesses to the crime? I did see the clip of the press conference of the lawyer John Ray saying she stabbed her. However I also read that he is defending her in the trial....so what exactly is going on; is he saying she is innocent; that someone else did it?

Ok- what I want to know is, was there witnesses to the crime? I did see the clip of the press conference of the lawyer John Ray saying she stabbed her. However I also read that he is defending her in the trial....so what exactly is going on; is he saying she is innocent; that someone else did it?
Sara invited Mari to her home. Then she killed her. She did not deny killing her. She said she is sorry and loves her family.
John Ray wants to move forward with an insanity plea. Dont know if the courts will allow it.

What I mean by "neat" is that Mari was going after the Suffix PD for answers and accountability for the death of Shannon...I believe with the lawyer John Ray she was suing them, correct?... there are rumors about the disgraced police commissioner Burke and members of that police department of dealings with prostitutes...

Subjects interviewed in The Killing Season inferred that this might be a possibility....now she is murdered and the general public presumes it's by her own daughter. I'm not saying that Sara isn't severely mentally unstable. The spotlight is off and nobody is holding them (Burke & Suffix county PD) accountable.

If Sara didn't do it she is the perfect person to frame.

That's what I mean by "neat". I can't be the only one suspicious.

However let me stress that there is nothing neat about the fact that a grieving mother is butchered to death. It is an absolute HORROR. My heart goes out to surviving members of that poor family.
What is shocking about all this is that this was all happening during the production of the killing Season- yet nothing was mentioned. I guess it would've taken the show in a totally different direction. It's such a bizarre turn of events; especially after binge watching the entire series last week then finding out on the internet afterwards that Mari was murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back