Deceased/Not Found NY - Michele Harris, 35, Owego, 11 Sep 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They are still deliberating, per the judge's Allen charge. They reconvene tomorrow afternoon. I hope this creep gets convicted AGAIN. But he's hell-bent on getting away with murder. And he's so resourceful. :mad:

The jury has been deliberating for 6 days now. Tomorrow is day #7, although they will deliberate from 9:15 until noon due to juror appointments. I'm surprised this hasn't been "covered' on WS more.

"Cal Harris, a Tioga County businessman, is facing his third trial for second-degree murder in the alleged killing of his estranged wife, Michele, on Sept. 11, 2001. The case was transferred to Schoharie County Court.Photo: SIMON WHEELER / STAFF PHOTO"
http://www.pressconnects.com/story/.../02/11/cal-harris-testimony-resumes/23229359/

This arrogant SOB killed his (four) children's mother. Honestly, I believe he would do anything, including jury tampering, to remain out of prison. And his kids stand by him (I don't blame them; they are victims of his influence and control). He's the most disgusting piece of carp ever. And "everybody knows he did it."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 139
Judge: Cal Harris deliberations at a 'critical stage'

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/.../2015/05/08/cal-harris-murder-trial/26971885/

SCHOHARIE – The judge in the murder trial for Cal Harris sent jurors home Friday without a verdict in hand, reminding them they are in a "critical stage" of their deliberations.

The jury has deliberated for 28 1/2 hours over seven days in Schoharie County Court. On Friday, there were no signs that jurors were near a unanimous decision on Harris, 53, who is accused of killing his estranged wife, Michele, on Sept 11, 2001.

He absolutely killed her, Imo. All about the money, as they were divorcing. My parents were friends with his parents for decades and I remember seeing his father soon after the charges came the first time, before he died. He looked like his life was already over, poor man. The family is quite prominent for this small county and very wealthy. And the property is huge...she could easily have been disposed of there. Jmo

:bump:

the jury has deliberated for 28 1/2 hours and will begin their 9th day of deliberations Monday morning........

Been following this for some time now. I think this jury has deadlocked twice and been sent back in to deliberate.
http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Tent...ort-in-Cal-Harris-murder-trial-303600291.html
thanks for the update jojo.......from your link:

The jury has deliberated for about 43 and a half hours over 10 days in this trial so far.

The jury will reconvene for an eleventh day of deliberations at 9:15 a.m. Thursday.
----------

wow........so now the question is how long can this go on? and at what point will the judge call it? and will the prosecutor go for round four, if necessary? unbelievable!

Another mistrial ...

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...015/05/15/cal-harris-murder-verdict/26118129/

THIRD CAL HARRIS MURDER TRIAL
ENDS IN MISTRIAL

Eleven weeks of
testimony.
Eleven days of jury
deliberations.
And in the end, no verdict.
On Friday, nearly four months
after jury selection began, the
third murder trial for 53-year-
old Cal Harris ended in a
mistrial after the jury asserted
for a fourth and final time that
its members could not reach a
unanimous decision.
The judge's decision to declare
a mistrial followed 52 hours of
jury deliberations over whether
Harris killed his estranged wife,
Michele Harris, on Sept. 11,
On Friday, Judge George
Bartlett scheduled an Aug. 12
conference in Schoharie County
Court to potentially set a fourth
trial date for Cal Harris.

(hope I posted this ok am I meant to write snipped? If so then snipped)

Doesn't look like they are going to get a jury to agree on this at all.

Another mistrial ...

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...015/05/15/cal-harris-murder-verdict/26118129/

THIRD CAL HARRIS MURDER TRIAL
ENDS IN MISTRIAL

Eleven weeks of
testimony.
Eleven days of jury
deliberations.
And in the end, no verdict.
On Friday, nearly four months
after jury selection began, the
third murder trial for 53-year-
old Cal Harris ended in a
mistrial after the jury asserted
for a fourth and final time that
its members could not reach a
unanimous decision.
The judge's decision to declare
a mistrial followed 52 hours of
jury deliberations over whether
Harris killed his estranged wife,
Michele Harris, on Sept. 11,
On Friday, Judge George
Bartlett scheduled an Aug. 12
conference in Schoharie County
Court to potentially set a fourth
trial date for Cal Harris.

(hope I posted this ok am I meant to write snipped? If so then snipped)

Doesn't look like they are going to get a jury to agree on this at all.

thank you jojo..........so the jury had no comment and wouldn't disclose their divide.......i'm so nosy, i want to know! i'm glad the prosecutor isn't quitting.......looks like round four will be coming up! don't get comfy cal.......sooner or later......you're going down!

I'm so curious to know the jury split! I hope it's revealed soon. Maybe someone will speak after having a chance to decompress over the weekend.

Dear Friends:

I had just spent an hour composing a long narrative about this case. Was editing when my browser flashed and I lost it all. I will try to re-do it- as it is, I feel, of considerable value, and can help the state turn things around... because the trend is heading the wrong direction.

Wouldn't;t it be nice if - like gmail, when a composition is being prepared - the site can auto save it - so that a draft is generated... I Ma so frustrated - this happens all the time. I will be back!

-G

Hi, Gajonka.

The post efitor does auto save your post every so many minutes. I'm posting from my phone now, so I can't see it. But somewhere in the edit screen -- I think it's underneath -- you should see an option to restore auto saved reply, words to that effect.

Well, an hour wasted a few days ago nights ago- on a long composition... now I am back and I am going to try and bring it all together - I will trim some fat and get right to it.

Discomfort, anguish, misery, suffering torment, agony, anguish - all of these feelings compiled in just four seconds. I had just finished watching the new ADA address the crowd assembled outside the court house. He stumbled his words, which were incoherent, and did not fit with what he may have been trying to convey, and his physical posture -more harrowing than anything else. A jury needs to be able to stand behind someone - a prosecutor who is polished, well spoken, and who has a clear, strict, explicit message. The ADA for this case- and as with any case- must display - immediately- in both physical delivery, and through her spoken vocabulary and nomenclature, the qualities of a leader. The ADA on this case made me cringe- and I only received 4-6 seconds of time. I can only attempt to dismiss the thoughts of what a multi-week trial looked like on his side of the court room. I am sure he has little organization, and based upon the sample I received, there is absolutely no way he came across as a professional leader who represented the truth. It may not be coincidence this rookie ADA received this specific assignment... after all... this is the trial of Cal Harris... the generous, upstanding citizen who has given generously over the past five years to improve the municipal facilities that desperately needed the $500k+ he most likely has donated for their benefit. He's no dummy... he knows how to play the game. In return, the case is assigned to the new, sixth string ADA, fresh with no experience... it is purely random, only coincidence... after all, isn't it only fitting as coincidence, accommodation, and opportune moments play key roles in this case.

OVERTURE

This is not good. Here's a look at the trend we have seen as the Cal Harris Murder of his wife Michele's case has evolved:

guilty - overturn- guilty- overturn- **NEW VENUE** Deadlock - ______ ? ________. There is a trend here, and it is not one that favors the state.

This could only be the truth. Cal Harris has beaten two convictions... no wonder why he mumbles and studders his favorite words so many times: me, me, my, me , my, my , me, me I, I < I < I, I , I...

Here's a look at the evidence and those areas where, IMO, additional work must be done. It's all here- so the state need not reference its absence.

Haves and Have-Nots and 9/11: Cal Harris is the only man w/ the motive. The couple had reached the final steps - the measures that would legally cement them as equals. Like in Robin Williams’ “Popeye” Cal’s head would sizzle red when Michele got him angry- he would perform his impressive impression of the Rice Krispy's commercial- because he goes SNAP, CRACKLE, POP when irate... and nothing pissed him off more than her calling in an independent appraiser to gauge the value of his auto dealership businesses. She was Mrs. Harris- and with a divorce – she would get her fair share – this would be cemented – just a few more days, now Cal played his cool – but he displayed a tinged permanent shade of red which sourced from his skull – he was hot.

Hypothetical
"How dare she>? Who does she think she is? Doesn’t she realize that I was her boss when we met- she ran and fetched my coffee and got her shine box out and shined my shoes! Of course she was beautiful and I fell in love with her- and actually married her, but no…. no.. no… no..”

And so it goes- Cal could not accept this peasant girl taking 50% of his assets. Mother of his 4 kids or no mother, if she is going to leave – she is going to pay the ultimate price.
“I made her. I gave her this chance,” and snap crackle, pop Cal went.
This draws parallels to the Dupont murder of Dave Schultz. DuPont, who had already finished up on his little brother, years before by humiliating him, and effectively referring to him as a worthless, meaningless failure, was about to do the same for Dave Schultz. These are events that occur when you mix the haves with the have-nots. The haves will always remember that they created a space where the have nots could ascend and flourish. They have created their (fankenstein’s) monster, and it is their right, as if only a piece of property, that they be dealt with personally, behind closed doors, without any outside interference.
There is no way Cal was going to let Michele leave and cut his net worth in half. With 9/11, the opportunity arrived. Local law enforcement would be commissioned to nyc to assist- a massive statewide cal for help. There would be a lapse in response time, it would be chaos on top of chaos. The perfect murder.

The Tubbs Code: More work needs to be performed here. What was he driving on 9/11 – an old beat up f-150? What did he drive over the course of the next 5 years? Check his personal bank accounts – his assets- look closely for some kind of spike in his net worth. Heck his wife’s accounts, his relatives accounts – is there an injection of liquidity? He needs to be examined – thoroughly. Two days of questioning – at a minimum. If he is an eagle scout then bring everyone/ or if inadmissible, have him discuss, in his own words -his stellar track record and rise to success within the eagle scout ranks. If he is not an eagle scout- then let’s spend those two days finding out what he is – what he is about. Short and sweet: His virtual production of an alibi- in such a shady, slimy manner – it must be ripped to shreds- find out everything about him. There is something wrong here- and if perhaps money advances his fancy- then I am sure there are OTHER tales involving his needs. A Tub Gurnard is a fat, husky fish, these scavengers need to be snagged, netted, slammed to the board, and fileted up nicely.. the guts come out of this fish... leaving only the meat. [perhaps an estranged relative will talk – or an ex girlfriend/bf.

The Car: A keystone of the state’s case. Who, after learning his wife is missing but her car is parked at the end of the driveway,door open, decides that first and foremost- the car must be cleaned. Evidence inside the car could lead to developments surrounding what happened to her. Cal buries this immediately- and the car gets a Harris Special. If a jury cannot accept this as an act of cover-up, then they should just let the recently turned philanthropist to local law enforcement and judicial needs ... just let him walk out free now... as he currently is doing now- on bail. I laughed at his weak statement demanding Michele's family and local LE change their minds about him - the real killer is out there!!! Ya, know, the guy w/ no motive! The state, regardless of how they introduced this evidence last time[ through the maid, who I like] they need to re-transform its introduction- and make it more than just a car cleaning… this is a malicious act designed to turn evidence into noting more than that which once was.

The Blood: Another keystone – if the state cannot impress upon these jurors that Michele’s blood splatter means Cal must answer for his actions, then we should all go over to Cal’s and celebrate.

The 48 Hours Interview: Never have I ever witnessed someone speak the way Cal spoke. He entered the Guinness book of world records after that interview for using the words me, my and I with the greatest frequency in a designated time span. Sociopathic behavior- have a look at the interview – it is compelling. Cal is acting like a guilty man, not an innocent one.

Cal No Call: Who does not dial their wife during drama like this? Cal’s slimy defense team is doing what it can, making up lies and trying to define the call the maid made – to Cal. Well, they better, because this is yet another keystone the state needs to drill into each jurors skull. The state needs to begin a new project – begin due diligence that will produce and isolate all communication from Cal to Michele – calls and texts from 98 99 00 to 01. Break it down into 4 hour intervals. A series of patterns will develop. Sure, we will even see the decline since divorce does that- but still, we will have a good average/population set during the 9 months of September to determine what takes place- every 4 hours, as it concerns cal’s calls and texts to Michele. We will see an outlier – and the state needs to conduct the due dili and obtain that outlier – and show it to the jury- because , imo, it will show them that cal broke his usual method, as he was facing special circumstance.

EPILOGUE​

I hope I was able to compose something that includes all the points raised in my first vanishing draft. I still feel as if that first cut remains superior. The state needs to get Michele’s dad on the stand, and her side of the family- they need to open up and give this jury a grip on how much of an egomaniac he is. He will have his kids behind him, and that is what is giving him the edge, along with, imo, the money he is spending which has afforded him, imo, quite possibly the worst state ada in the country or perhaps simply only most unqualified.. The state will need to neutralize this power- dilute that intense, powerful image of the kids crying behind their father. All of the evidence is here [ well, at least some of it is-(smile)]. We need a leader, a woman/man/ada of composure, tact, organization, and charm/chrisma to convince this jury they have no other choice,,,,that to acquit cal harris is the same as helping him hide the body. With three trials in the books I am sure there are pages and pages of restrictions that are currently hamstringing this case for the state, who knows it could be sufficient enough to make a win impossible for the state. Even though the deadlock speaks volumes about the overall trend taking place, I will vouch for the state of New York, and say that New Yorkers are not fools… they are going to get this right… they just need to consume this evidence correctly.

Thanks so much for the chance to write this!

Love you-always.

-The Gajonka

"I'm back!"
See you in the clinky clink cal!

Hi, Bessie!

a-ha! "auto save" very nice! EVen better than the google feature- snappier!

Thanks, love ya,
-G

Gajonka; that was amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can say the jury was widely split. It was never close. My husband was one of the jurors. I couldn't say anything previously, of course. It was a very long, hard slog and glad it's over, for now. From what I do know, I and husband do not think there should be a 4th trial. There was just never evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, period.

I appreciate the amount of time you've taken to put your thoughts here. My husband was one of the jurors on this last trial. I don't have time right now, but would like to reread your post and make a couple of comments. Just one correction, but a big one. Michelle Harris's minivan was never cleaned and detailed by Cal Harris before the police took it for testing. They were extremely thorough in their testing of the van and found nothing at all. Meaning no blood evidence and cadaver dogs found no scents either, nor in Cal's truck or the ATV at the house.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back