Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has Doris Mulhern ever been suggested? I noticed she was on the recently updated on Charley Project so I figured I'd throw her out there. I can't tell if she has some form of birth mark on her neck or if it just a bad quality picture.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mulhern_doris.html

Doris' NamUs entry says that she has thick burn scars on her throat. I think that's what looks like a birth mark.

Her photo on her NamUs profile shows it really good.

Question: does anyone else think that MVJD could possibly be Albanian or even Greek?

One of the WS members who contacted Det. DeMase received from him a dental chart for MVJD. The report consists of several pages of a PDF, so I won't post the entire report on here.

Instead, I'll just point out the key info:

(1) She had no dental work. All of her teeth (except wisdom teeth 1, 16, 17, and 32) were present and unrestored. The wisdom teeth were unerupted.
(2) Her upper canines tilted out, and slightly overlapped the adjacent lateral incisors. So they probably would have had sort of a fanged appearance (my own interpretation, not stated as such the report).
(3) There is mention that the victim had been bound hands and feet prior to being dumped at the scene.

The dental comments are as follows (as best as I can decipher from the scribbly handwriting):

I don't have any images of her teeth, but the description of her teeth was specific enough that I decided to try to do a smiling recon to replace her blank stare in my previous recons:

47f36b6f-1a27-4f15-97c6-f823fd7936e0.jpg

This is not an exact representation of what her teeth look like, but it should be close enough to give an idea of her overlapping canines looked like.

I don't have any images of her teeth, but the description of her teeth was specific enough that I decided to try to do a smiling recon to replace her blank stare in my previous recons:

This is not an exact representation of what her teeth look like, but it should be close enough to give an idea of her overlapping canines looked like.

Glad you posted her. What was wrong with the pink shirt?

Glad you posted her. What was wrong with the pink shirt?

Here she is with the pink shirt, but I opted for the generic looking clothing (posted above), since we don't know what her clothing style is.

If I put something too specific on her, then inevitably, someone will say "She looks like X, but X would not have worn a shirt like that".

f403b93b-1c4e-4cd4-abd3-7fefa74f974f.jpg

Here she is with the pink shirt, but I opted for the generic looking clothing (posted above), since we don't know what her clothing style is.

If I put something too specific on her, then inevitably, someone will say "She looks like X, but X would not have worn a shirt like that".

Love the pink shirt

Question: does anyone else think that MVJD could possibly be Albanian or even Greek?

I was thinking about her eye-brows & how she reminds me of someone. I grew up with a Portugese guy Manny B; he has similar eye-brows. I'll have to try to look at my year book to see how close they are.

I don't know anyone that's Albanian and dated a Greek guy but don't recall meeting any Greek women.

She has a lot of features similar to an Albanian girl I worked with. Funny enough, this girl had the same kind of mole, only on her cheek instead of her shoulder.

The light hair/light eyes throw me off. Most of the people I've met from the Mediterranean have dark hair/eyes.

My grandfather was stationed in France during WWII. He told my mom that the French women were beautiful but outside of the major cities they didn't shave or pluck their eyebrows. (Not at all trying to insult France or the women as I'm sure this is not as widely practiced today.) Could MVJD have been from a rural region in France? I know that people in northern France favor the Nordic/Germanic people and those in southern France are more Mediterranean. I could be completely off the ball here since even LE believed her to be Brazilian. Thoughts?

The light hair/light eyes throw me off. Most of the people I've met from the Mediterranean have dark hair/eyes.

My grandfather was stationed in France during WWII. He told my mom that the French women were beautiful but outside of the major cities they didn't shave or pluck their eyebrows. (Not at all trying to insult France or the women as I'm sure this is not as widely practiced today.) Could MVJD have been from a rural region in France? I know that people in northern France favor the Nordic/Germanic people and those in southern France are more Mediterranean. I could be completely off the ball here since even LE believed her to be Brazilian. Thoughts?
My mother & her ancestors are from northern Spain. Pale skin, hazel/grey/green eyes, hair light to red to dark. (Think Celtic) The teeth make me think recent immigrant without enough time to adjust to an American diet that would wreck her teeth. As for Brazilian, she could be mestizo with northern Portuguese or even Asturias' features predominating.

I agree about the Brazilian aspect. As for French, I have never met a French person in Mount Vernon. Our white population is pretty small and mostly made up of Italians and Portuguese, some Irish and Germans.

My mother & her ancestors are from northern Spain. Pale skin, hazel/grey/green eyes, hair light to red to dark. (Think Celtic) The teeth make me think recent immigrant without enough time to adjust to an American diet that would wreck her teeth. As for Brazilian, she could be mestizo with northern Portuguese or even Asturias' features predominating.

if she is brazilian she could be very well have natural dark blonde hair and dark eyes; we are so mixed in south america that is no strange to see that combination (my sister had dark blonde hair, light brown eyes and very dark eyelashes and eyebrows, i went to school with many boys or girls with similar looks)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has it ever been confirmed if her hair was dyed or not?

Writing this on the fly. Am at a neighborhood meeting and the new mayor showed up with a MV detective. Told me to connect w his assistant re isotope analysis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attn2detale
Back