Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I put together a second recon of MVJD, based on the other PM photo from the crime scene. I think this gives her a different look, but it is probably closer to what she actually looked like. By the time the coroner's photo was taken (i.e., the one in NamUs), her facial features had distorted so much that it is difficult to get an accurate sense of her look. The crime scene photo shows her hair dry, though in the photo, her hair is extended out above her head and out of the photo. So I still can't get an exact read on the length of her hair. It may be a little more layered than this, but I think I have the color and darkness about right.

bd10b8cb-5864-4094-a355-6388aad038d2.jpg

Thank you, Carl, again. I posted the updated recon to the Mt. Vernon mayor's Facebook page and also forwarded it to Ernie Garcia from our local paper.

Fellow sleuthers! I am THRILLED to tell you that Channel 12 News has asked if I am willing to appear on camera this Sunday regarding our girl!! Will update you as soon as I know more!

Fellow sleuthers! I am THRILLED to tell you that Channel 12 News has asked if I am willing to appear on camera this Sunday regarding our girl!! Will update you as soon as I know more!

Wow! This is thrilling--a HUGE thank you for taking the time and initiative to contact them! :tyou:

Wow! This is thrilling--a HUGE thank you for taking the time and initiative to contact them! :tyou:

I'm thrilled but terrified! I never wanted to appear on camera :/ I was just asking them to do a feature on our girl; I never expected this - but whatever helps bring her justice, I am THERE.

I'm thrilled but terrified! I never wanted to appear on camera :/ I was just asking them to do a feature on our girl; I never expected this - but whatever helps bring her justice, I am THERE.

You will do fine. This is dedication to a case. You go girl! :)

The station just called and changed it to today. They will be here in about three hours. Wish me luck please and swift justice for our girl!!

Good luck! I'm sure you will do wonderful. I really appreciate your dedication to this case. You rock! 😆

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I just finished filming and the clip will air tonight at 5 pm EST. it's a local news station so I have to use a friend's login online to view. I'll record it on my phone and if anyone is interested, PM me!

Thank you, Catherine! What hurts me is that no one in town even knew about our girl until that article with George Ossipo. How does a case like this go unacknowledged in such a small place? But we will bring justice for her, of this, I am sure.

Good luck! I'm sure you will do wonderful. I really appreciate your dedication to this case. You rock! 😆

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I just finished filming and the clip will air tonight at 5 pm EST. it's a local news station so I have to use a friend's login online to view. I'll record it on my phone and if anyone is interested, PM me!

Thank you thank you thank you! This is dedication! GREAT JOB! This will get the news out for sure...one step closer to ID'ing her!

Jess huge Thank You for keeping the case moving and also Thank You all who are helping with this case :rose:

I would love to see the clip about MVJD. Is it possible somehow to link it here directly after it airs?

I put together a second recon of MVJD, based on the other PM photo from the crime scene. I think this gives her a different look, but it is probably closer to what she actually looked like. By the time the coroner's photo was taken (i.e., the one in NamUs), her facial features had distorted so much that it is difficult to get an accurate sense of her look. The crime scene photo shows her hair dry, though in the photo, her hair is extended out above her head and out of the photo. So I still can't get an exact read on the length of her hair. It may be a little more layered than this, but I think I have the color and darkness about right.

bd10b8cb-5864-4094-a355-6388aad038d2.jpg

One of my favorite recons of yours...she looks so very alive and real. You have such a wonderful gift.

Jess huge Thank You for keeping the case moving and also Thank You all who are helping with this case :rose:

I would love to see the clip about MVJD. Is it possible somehow to link it here directly after it airs?

I don't know how to link it here, but if you PM me your email address, I will be glad to send it to you!

http://westchester.news12.com/news/decades-old-mount-vernon-murder-remains-unsolved-1.11332894 Found the article, it has the video that was aired too!

Realized it was behind a paywall, the rest of the article mentions the end of her age range, how the body was found by a nearby worker, Jess mentioning that MVJD was nude besides her press-on nails, and then the following:

"Police have yet to find a break in the case, but mayor Richard Thomas says he is taking action on it as well as many other cold cases.
"We met with the FBI last week and we have been asking about bringing closure," he says."

Great job Jess, you were so eloquent! So very happy to see her case is getting more publicity!

Also delighted to see Carl's new recon was being used for the video!

Jess, thank you for the clip and bless you again for doing all this, even appearing with news crew at the scene of the crime, all must have taken some courage. Bless.

I have noticed that you were standing next to the same exact fence as G.Ossipo was standing next to on picture of him from the crime scene published with his original article. That would be around 22 Carleton, if I am not mistaken as 10 is yucky pink building?

Now, I do not think number 10 published widely could be typo instead of 22 (or vice versa) which leaves only one answer what it could be, or rather just an assumption...

Roselvr thank you for publishing and spreading MVJD news on your FB website too, if you do not mind I share the links here

https://www.facebook.com/WeWontForgetThem/posts/1247282578619110
https://www.facebook.com/WeWontForg....1453079462./1246070838740284/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/WeWontForgetThem/posts/1246794598667908

You're welcome. Our girl is near and dear to my heart. There are other cases I follow but she is my top priority. Yes, 10 Carleton is that strange, decrepit pink building (I don't know what kind of company it is - no sign out front). Since the original police report from 1988 stated "across from 22 Carleton," that is where I asked the news reporter to film; I don't know where "10 Carleton" came from over the years. 22 Carleton is a company called MACC; the blue fence that George and I both appeared in front of, is directly across from MACC.

Jess, thank you for the clip and bless you again for doing all this, even appearing with news crew at the scene of the crime, all must have taken some courage. Bless.

I have noticed that you were standing next to the same exact fence as G.Ossipo was standing next to on picture of him from the crime scene published with his original article. That would be around 22 Carleton, if I am not mistaken as 10 is yucky pink building?

Now, I do not think number 10 published widely could be typo instead of 22 (or vice versa) which leaves only one answer what it could be, or rather just an assumption...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw
Back