Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You got one story which is more then what she had. Hopefully they will reconsider if LE do isotope testing.

I'm clueless why they wouldn't write a new story, possible they know George? Anyway, no big deal.

I have a feeling that he doesn't want to contradict the 2013 story by Will David, where George Ossipo maintained that our girl is Cathleen Martin.

Ugh. You'd think the fact that she's ruled out on NamUs would be enough for at least an update of "it's not her, but they're still looking"

Nevertheless, you've done SO MUCH already to help her, I'm really impressed. I never would've been able to take initiative like that. You've already done so much. Maybe they'll want to do it later on...? Or another person will.

Ugh. You'd think the fact that she's ruled out on NamUs would be enough for at least an update of "it's not her, but they're still looking"

You're so right. It would be really nice if they followed up and clarified that our girl is not Cathleen, and that we still need to bring her home. I was so sad last night over this, I sent this email back to Ernie Garcia at LoHud:

"As a longtime LoHud reader, I am saddened to hear this. With a new mayor and a new commissioner of public safety in Mount Vernon, we as a community are hoping that fresh eyes will help the case. I know what it is like to have a missing loved one, and I cannot imagine the pain her family must feel, not knowing where their child is or what happened to her. She has been lying in the county morgue unclaimed and unidentified since 1988, her killer still out there somewhere. He could live next door to any one of us, and we are none the wiser. Please understand that I am writing this with all due respect; I am just surprised that LoHud does not want to run the story, since they have nothing to lose by trying to help identify a local unidentified murder victim."

Nevertheless, you've done SO MUCH already to help her, I'm really impressed. I never would've been able to take initiative like that. You've already done so much. Maybe they'll want to do it later on...? Or another person will.

Thanks, rats :) Still thinking about handing out those flyers - just want to clear it with DiMase first, though I can't see that he'll mind.

George said that he feels the DNA sample that NamUs has is tainted. He said Cathleen & MVJD matched I think 6 parts of the DNA comparison. I'm not good with DNA, so can't give anything more specific. Maybe Carl will see this and be able to explain more

You're so right. It would be really nice if they followed up and clarified that our girl is not Cathleen, and that we still need to bring her home. I was so sad last night over this, I sent this email back to Ernie Garcia at LoHud:

"As a longtime LoHud reader, I am saddened to hear this. With a new mayor and a new commissioner of public safety in Mount Vernon, we as a community are hoping that fresh eyes will help the case. I know what it is like to have a missing loved one, and I cannot imagine the pain her family must feel, not knowing where their child is or what happened to her. She has been lying in the county morgue unclaimed and unidentified since 1988, her killer still out there somewhere. He could live next door to any one of us, and we are none the wiser. Please understand that I am writing this with all due respect; I am just surprised that LoHud does not want to run the story, since they have nothing to lose by trying to help identify a local unidentified murder victim."

Thank you Jessica, that was great. I agree, they can just say that it is not Cathleen and explain why

George said that he feels the DNA sample that NamUs has is tainted. He said Cathleen & MVJD matched I think 6 parts of the DNA comparison. I'm not good with DNA, so can't give anything more specific. Maybe Carl will see this and be able to explain more

I asked Carl for clarification about it on Facebook

I'm so sorry you put so much effort into this for such a disappointment. On a positive note you did get the news clip, and I feel like many more people watch the news these days versus reading the paper.

Does MVJD have any form of social media? I know that Facebook can have a huge impact especially since things can be shared country and world wide, but I would hate for it to be a hindrance on anything relating to the investigation.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

MVJD does not have her own Facebook page, but she does appear on other UID pages. I think I mentioned that a friend of mine from MV gave her a hashtag #MountVernonJaneDoe so whenever one of us posts about her on FB, we use the hashtag and I tag the mayor and a MV detective.

Maybe I should start a FB for her? I don't think it would hinder the investigation, since it would only contain the info and recons that are already floating around the entire internet, no?

I'm so sorry you put so much effort into this for such a disappointment. On a positive note you did get the news clip, and I feel like many more people watch the news these days versus reading the paper.

Does MVJD have any form of social media? I know that Facebook can have a huge impact especially since things can be shared country and world wide, but I would hate for it to be a hindrance on anything relating to the investigation.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I did go ahead and create a Facebook page for our girl. PM me if you would like the link. I am using the page to keep everything organized in one place.

Jess, thank you again!

Please feel free to share her FB page here, I don't think it breaks any rules and it would be great if people who follow her here or others who just pop in can visit her FB site too? Perhaps even share and spread her case?

Hmm we are back to Cathleen...

Just few days ago, when I clicked on link posted here by Ms Suzanne, I got shivers... There she was, again..Cathleen. Her different picture which was removed from here (long story), still popping up in search engines.

I am not writing this to discuss if yes or no it is her, who is or is not right.. but I have forgotten about that particular image and it just striked me extraordinary how much she resembles MVJD, especially next to new Carl's recon! Her face shape, her jaw, her chin, even little nose on that photo and even those special eye brows.. yea, I have got shivers.

Yes, I was devastated when we got the news months ago that freckles seems not to much between them. It felt like starting from scratch again.

With regards to MVJD isotope testing... does that mean that she would have to be exhumed or would they use samples of her hair etc for testing presuming they might have it? If not then when exhumation is done they could do new DNA testing? I know its sounds like going into great length but I have read that Westchester county have done it in recent years on some other case from 80's, so it is more likely they might consider it again? Sorry, I do not remember which case anymore though.

I definitely see the resemblance, but Rochelle is listed as having a birthmark on her leg, and not listed as having one on her clavicle which our girl has. Eye color I don't go by, because everyone has a different idea of what hazel is. My mom has blue-green eyes and insists they're hazel.

I also think this looks like her. The weight, height, and age fits, but the eye color is wrong.

I just sent Rochelle's info to DiMase, just in case.

With regards to MVJD isotope testing... does that mean that she would have to be exhumed or would they use samples of her hair etc for testing presuming they might have it? If not then when exhumation is done they could do new DNA testing? I know its sounds like going into great length but I have read that Westchester county have done it in recent years on some other case from 80's, so it is more likely they might consider it again? Sorry, I do not remember which case anymore though.

We're trying to get clarification on if/where she is buried and also including how they got the DNA sample that NamUs processed.

Hmm we are back to Cathleen...

Just few days ago, when I clicked on link posted here by Ms Suzanne, I got shivers... There she was, again..Cathleen. Her different picture which was removed from here (long story), still popping up in search engines.

I am not writing this to discuss if yes or no it is her, who is or is not right.. but I have forgotten about that particular image and it just striked me extraordinary how much she resembles MVJD, especially next to new Carl's recon! Her face shape, her jaw, her chin, even little nose on that photo and even those special eye brows.. yea, I have got shivers.

Yes, I was devastated when we got the news months ago that freckles seems not to much between them. It felt like starting from scratch again.

I see what you see too but IMO she is not Cathleen for many reasons. One is they do not have the same freckles & moles. Cathleen has given birth, Jane Doe has not. Then you have height. I also believe the hair is different too. We're trying to get clarification on her hair color, if it was dyed/ frosted.

:bump:

On my search I came across the case of missing Isabel Rizzo from Westchester County, New York, originally from Chile, missing on November 23, 1987, date quite close to discovery of MVJD. So far there is no picture of Isabel available.

She is above the age range to be her (34) and have just given birth, but in some way the case does remind me of MVJD. There is little information about her and I am not sure how long she was in US before going missing, or how strong ties she had there already, but still it sadness me that her dear loved ones are million miles away back in Chile, probably not speaking English and with almost zero possibility pursuing search for her from so far away. MVJD could be quite similar case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...abel-Lopez-Rizzo-1987&p=12281902#post12281902

I remember Isabel Rizzo's case. I had no idea that Frank Rizzo went on to kill his girlfriend, or himself. What a tragic, crazy story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back