Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it makes you feel better a lot of Chileans can speak English these days. I can ask my friend who lives down there if he would know of any Chileans sites to search for info on missing people. :)

Thank you KaylaraOwl. I had in mind Isabela's elderly parents. It would be great if any sleuther could dig up her picture from somewhere.

The link to missing poeple of Chile would be excellent too, to check if MVJD might not be listed there by any chance.

WOW. Just seeing this now, have not been on WS in a few days. I will forward this to DiMase. Thank you!

Here is the relevant part, bolded a few parts. I wonder if they can pin him to Mount Vernon 2/14/1988. I'm not convinced he was responsible; I feel the scenario will be closer to someone local doing it.

Documented residences, work-related activities (military and sales), and travel from 1980 to 2002 have shown Evonitz as being in the states of South Carolina, Virginia, California, Florida, Maine, Arizona, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Georgia, Mississippi, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio, Rhode Island, Illinois, Indiana, New York, Texas, Massachusetts, and Alabama. Information concerning vehicles that Evonitz either owned or had access to is also available.

Evonitz was known to have an explosive temper, was fascinated with guns, and both used and sold marijuana. Investigation has revealed some common behaviors in Evonitz’s crimes and/or lifestyle which may help in identifying similar cases in other jurisdictions. Evonitz would conduct surveillance on his victims prior to abduction (all of whom appeared to be or were under the age of 18). He also had a preoccupation with drowning; victims being forced to wash and/or shave pubic hair; binding of victim hands and/or feet; use of sex toys and/or *advertiser censored* (both adult and child); use of plastic tub or metal container to dispose of victim; victim wrapped in blankets and bound with rope; and/or victim being found near a body of water

I don't think it's him, either, but with the ties to NY and the shaving of pubic hair, it's definitely a good suggestion.

I know we've previously mentioned tow truck drivers or scrap metal workers as possible suspects; what about telephone repairmen? They'd have a truck, phone wires, and knowledge of the area from driving around the city doing repairs.

I don't think it's him, either, but with the ties to NY and the shaving of pubic hair, it's definitely a good suggestion.

I know we've previously mentioned tow truck drivers or scrap metal workers as possible suspects; what about telephone repairmen? They'd have a truck, phone wires, and knowledge of the area from driving around the city doing repairs.

Hopefully DiMase can get him ruled in/out quickly.
I agree that telephone repairmen should be considered too

guess whos back, now with 2 MPs for you guys to consider!

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20615/363/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/woolsoncroft_carol.html

Carol Leigh Woolsoncroft

Circumstances seem a bit off if you believe in the boyfriend killing her (or the psychic thinking she's in Florida) but I just keep looking at that second pic... (would be 23 on 2/14/1988)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21368/370/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kenyon_elizabeth.html

Elizabeth Ann Kenyon

Circumstances are definitely very off, but still a possible IMO. Would be slightly above our girl's age range (27) but I don't know.

Carol Leigh Woolsoncroft looks very similar to our girl, IMO.

I like Brenda Dunham but think her husband killed her. I think they're all victims of foul play but they all have DNA so it's an easy rule in/out.

Brenda Dunham -
Dunham was last seen in Alton, Missouri on May 10, 1985. She didn't show up at her shoe factory job in West Plains, Missouri that day and has never been heard from again. Dunham's family believes she met with foul play, as they don't think she would have abandoned her children, one toddler and one infant. She lived in Thomasville, Missouri at the time of her disappearance. Dunham's husband was reportedly physically abusive towards her, and her sister believes her husband was involved in her disappearance. Dunham's husband has never faced charges in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Carol Leigh Woolsoncroft -
Woolsoncroft was last seen in Fort Myers, Florida on August 7, 1984. She has never been heard from again. She was employed as a waitress at Raffles Restaurant in the Edison Mall at the time of her disappearance. She had met her boyfriend there. She disappeared on the day she planned to end their relationship, but it is unknown whether the planned breakup is connected to her case.

The month after Woolsoncroft vanished, a psychic directed her parents to look for her in a wooded area in Bontia Springs, Florida. Investigators searched the spot indicated and found, instead of Woolsoncroft, the decomposed body of an infant stuffed in a trash bag.

Woolsoncroft graduated from Cape Coral High School. She has never been located her case remains unsolved.

Elizabeth Ann Kenyon -
Kenyon disappeared from the parking lot of Coral Gables High School, where she worked teaching special needs children, at 3:00 p.m. on March 5, 1984. She spoke to the security guard, then drove away in her car, a Chrystler convertible. She didn't arrive home at her apartment on Ives Dairy Road, her roommate was not worried at first and assumed she had gone to visit her parents in Pompano Beach, Florida, thirty miles up the coast. Kenyon was carrying a duffel bag containing workout clothes and a curling iron when she vanished; she left behind her purse.

A Shell gasoline station attendant in Coral Gables, Florida who often sold fuel to Kenyon recalled seeing her on March 8. He said she had been driving her car, but had been talking to a man who drove a Cadillac Eldorado. They seemed to be conversing about someone taking Kenyon's picture, and Kenyon told the station attendant that she was going to the airport. The man with the Eldorado paid for her gasoline and they drove off together. Kenyon has never been heard from again.

Kenyon was not reported missing until she failed to show up for work the next day. Her car was found abandoned at Miami International Airport on March 11, six days after her disappearance. Kenyon did not have plans to travel and had not packed to go anywhere, and her name was not listed on any recent flights going out of Miami. Her family says it is extremely uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning.

Kenyon is a former fashion model, who won the Orange Bowl Princess title in 1982 and was a finalist in a Miss Florida contest. Christopher Wilder almost immediately became a suspect in her disappearance. Photos of Wilder are posted below this case summary. The gas station attendant identified him from a photograph as the man last seen with Kenyon. Wilder, who is a native of Australia, has been linked to at least a dozen disappearances, rapes, murders and/or attacks of women in the early to mid-1980s, including the disappearances of Mary Opitz Rosario Gonzales, and Tammy Leppert. He sometimes attempted to lure young female victims by offering non-existent "modeling sessions" or other tactics, and he knew Kenyon. They had dated a few times and he had even proposed marriage to her, but she turned him down because she thought he was too old for her. Wilder was put on probation in 1980 after pleading guilty to attempted sexual battery towards a teenage girl. While on a visit home to Australia that same year, he was charged with kidnapping and sexually assaulting two teenaged girls. His parents bailed him out of jail and he flew back to the United States, promising to return for his trial which was set for April 1984.

Wilder, when initially questioned by police about Kenyon's disappearance, said he had not seen her in over a month. However, two gas station attendants claim to have seen Wilder with Kenyon on the day of her disappearance. In addition, Wilder knew where Kenyon's car was before this information was released to the press.

Wilder went on a killing spree later in 1984 where he traveled across the United States, abducting, raping, torturing, and killing women along the way. He was killed in a struggle with police officers in New Hampshire in the late spring of 1984 and died without ever divulging what he might have known about Kenyon's disappearance. She is a graduate of the University of Miami and was the coach of the cheerleading squad at Coral Gables High School. Her parents are now deceased. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected due to the circumstances involved.

I like Carol Woolsoncroft and Brenda Dunham as suggestions. I think Carol fits more with the stats, considering the height discrepancy and the past pregnancy with Brenda. Are there any profile photos MVJD? On Brenda's Charley Project page, there are more photos listed where you can see that she has a more prominent nose. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dunham_brenda.html

I have looked into Brenda Dunham last summer with regards to MVJD (unusual eyebrows & freckles) and have also posted link of her FB website to her thread here on WS. Her FB link have quite a few pictures of her, also growing up. (Might sound weird but on some pics her teeth are visible, can our dental experts compare from her latest photos?)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...omasville-10-May-1985&p=11882722#post11882722

I think I will have to reread whole thread, but silly question, was "MVJD not bearing any children" stated as a fact somewhere official or just our assumption? I don't mean it wrong, but just worried we might be narrowing down things sometimes hastily. Lots of old cases are cold not just because people were not reported missing, but because link could not or was not established due to lots of errors, errors with dates, locations, typos, wrong information on official documents and as lately seen even wrong gender... It even crossed my mind what if her famously stated mole was not mole but rather some burn or even injury or big scratch during her final hours?.. Of course, its just a thought.

I have also noticed that there was latin male (George A. Primavera) missing in Westchester County just few weeks after MVJD, however there are no much information about him. I wonder if they both could be related in some way.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4440dmny.html

Some months ago I came across case with very similar circumstances what we described here so far about MVJD, I will post it for your thoughts and opinions in near future once I gather all the links again.

I think I will have to reread whole thread, but silly question, was "MVJD not bearing any children" stated as a fact somewhere official or just our assumption?

To answer your question, LE has confirmed that MVJD was never pregnant.

I got a bit ahead of myself and submitted Carol Woolsoncroft to Detective DiMase, he said he would look into it. Fingers crossed?

I have looked into Brenda Dunham last summer with regards to MVJD (unusual eyebrows & freckles) and have also posted link of her FB website to her thread here on WS. Her FB link have quite a few pictures of her, also growing up. (Might sound weird but on some pics her teeth are visible, can our dental experts compare from her latest photos?)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...omasville-10-May-1985&p=11882722#post11882722

I think I will have to reread whole thread, but silly question, was "MVJD not bearing any children" stated as a fact somewhere official or just our assumption? I don't mean it wrong, but just worried we might be narrowing down things sometimes hastily. Lots of old cases are cold not just because people were not reported missing, but because link could not or was not established due to lots of errors, errors with dates, locations, typos, wrong information on official documents and as lately seen even wrong gender... It even crossed my mind what if her famously stated mole was not mole but rather some burn or even injury or big scratch during her final hours?.. Of course, its just a thought.

I have also noticed that there was latin male (George A. Primavera) missing in Westchester County just few weeks after MVJD, however there are no much information about him. I wonder if they both could be related in some way.

Some months ago I came across case with very similar circumstances what we described here so far about MVJD, I will post it for your thoughts and opinions in near future once I gather all the links again.

Carl didn't have an actual photo or xray of MVJD's teeth; he did it on description alone

I believe George Primavera was a business related matter. Bedford is not that close to Mount Vernon (I don't know exactly but I estimate it's a 40 minute drive or so) and the two cities are worlds apart economically. Mount Vernon is the redheaded stepchild of Westchester County. Low income, majority minority, poor school systems, project housing etc. Like a smaller version of the Bronx. Bedford is a very upscale town with totally opposite demographics.

In anticipation of our girl's anniversary tomorrow, I have done the following:

Posted info and photos to News 12 FB page

Posted info and photos to LoHud FB page

Posted info and photos to our mayor's FB page as well as the FB page for Westchester County.

Emailed the head of LoHud and asked her to revisit the decision by a staff writer to not publish a new article about MVJD with updated info that Cathleen Martin has been ruled out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87
Back