Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to one of the reps at NamUs, they automatically compare DNA in CODIS, this includes comparing UPs to UPs, not just MPs to Ups. So if both the MP and the UP are in CODIS, and there isn't a match, those automatic rule outs don't appear on the NamUs page rule out list because of the sheer volume of names and the amount of work it would take to do to update it. So, we can assume if an MPs & a UPs profiles are in CODIS, even though the name is not on the list, that they have been compared and ruled out (if not a match).
The problem is we have no way of knowing which profiles are in CODIS and which ones are being held locally. That's why I always say, when in doubt, submit.
I agree the one you miss could be the match. Just send it in.

Has anyone considered submitting her case to the DNA Doe Project?

Has anyone considered submitting her case to the DNA Doe Project?

IIRC, she was suggested in the very beginning, when DDP first launched and they were taking suggestions from the general public. Whether or not investigators on her case reached out to them, we have no way of knowing. In the past, 2 things (at least 2, there's probably more) hindered more advanced testing, accreditation and I think they don't know where her remains are.
Recently, Al Ka posted that Parabon NanoLabs has just received official license to do forensic genealogy on NY state cases, so perhaps they will pick up the case, instead.

IIRC, she was suggested in the very beginning, when DDP first launched and they were taking suggestions from the general public. Whether or not investigators on her case reached out to them, we have no way of knowing. In the past, 2 things (at least 2, there's probably more) hindered more advanced testing, accreditation and I think they don't know where her remains are.
Recently, Al Ka posted that Parabon NanoLabs has just received official license to do forensic genealogy on NY state cases, so perhaps they will pick up the case, instead.
I agree they lost the remains. It happened on a case I was so sure of. The files were moved to another location, When they went to get them, they were no longer there.

I agree they lost the remains. It happened on a case I was so sure of. The files were moved to another location, When they went to get them, they were no longer there.

I think this might happen a lot. Files get misplaced or destroyed by flood or fire.
California also cremated most of their UP remains, so they're gone for good.

Funny how she resembles Carl's recon

It wouldn't surprise me if they did since they refused to tell Jess and I when I did the FOIA form

Not MVJD related But .... Parabon NanoLabs has just received official licence to do forensic genealogy on NY state cases, where untill now forensic genealogy was NOT allowed!!! Nobody else in whole NY is premitted that, until now.

Parabon Receives First Permit Granted in New York for Advanced DNA Analysis

So very excited with this news. There is a hope...
@jessr927 @Roselvr

NY will not let DDP do NY cases, thankfully Parabon now has accrediting for NY

Not MVJD related But .... Parabon NanoLabs has just received official licence to do forensic genealogy on NY state cases, where untill now forensic genealogy was NOT allowed!!! Nobody else in whole NY is premitted that, until now.

Parabon Receives First Permit Granted in New York for Advanced DNA Analysis

So very excited with this news. There is a hope...
@jessr927 @Roselvr

Thanks so much! Very happy to hear!

I wonder if they may have some hair samples in evidence that they could use for genetic genealogy, similar to how Precious Doe (Snohomish Co.) was solved.

No hair can't be used unless they have the hair root

@Roselvr - Hair now can be used for DNA without the root. They've developed a way to extract DNA from rootless hair in the past couple of years. It's what BRV used to help ID 3 of the 4 Allenstown NH victims. The technique was featured in the 20/20 special on them, and in some articles.

@Roselvr - Hair now can be used for DNA without the root. They've developed a way to extract DNA from rootless hair in the past couple of years. It's what BRV used to help ID 3 of the 4 Allenstown NH victims. The technique was featured in the 20/20 special on them, and in some articles.

Yes, it was Dr Ed Green who invented the newest technique of obtaining DNA from rootless hair. He used that technique first time in Marcia King/Bucksin Girl Jane Doe case and after that was invitied to work on NH Allenstown case, to obtain new DNA for them too. He accomplished the mission there too.

I think this alone would rule Kimberly out, as the UID had no scars: “Britts has a surgical scar on her left breast near the nipple and a dime-sized circular scar in the middle of her forehead.”

I’m trying to find more info on Alexis, but having no luck. I wonder exactly how long after her “disappearance” was she arrested in California. Knowing that could help. Visually, she looks promising.

Not sure what to think of Lorie Ann.

Alexis looks promising!

Is there any chance that Jane Doe’s mole is a burn mark that turned dark?

I think this alone would rule Kimberly out, as the UID had no scars: “Britts has a surgical scar on her left breast near the nipple and a dime-sized circular scar in the middle of her forehead.”

I’m trying to find more info on Alexis, but having no luck. I wonder exactly how long after her “disappearance” was she arrested in California. Knowing that could help. Visually, she looks promising.

Not sure what to think of Lorie Ann.

I thought that as well until I zoomed in on the UID post-mortem picture. If you look above her eyebrows on her forehead, there is indeed a a semi-circular scar that could look more enhanced had she not swelling due to trauma.

I thought that as well until I zoomed in on the UID post-mortem picture. If you look above her eyebrows on her forehead, there is indeed a a semi-circular scar that could look more enhanced had she not swelling due to trauma.

I’ll try to enhance her PM photo, you should submit her anyway!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Exclusions as of 1 April 2021

MP11936 Barbara Aleksivich 10/03/1973 Steuben NY
MP5795 Carla Anderson 11/13/1987 Wadena MN
MP20107 Mary Bostwick 07/18/1972 Tioga NY
MP3253 Diana Braungardt 03/11/1987 Jefferson MO
MP3070 Judith Brown 04/06/1977 Queens NY
MP7592 Rosemary Buck 08/11/1973 Onondaga NY
MP12024 Mellisa Burgess 02/12/1988 Pinellas FL
MP4532 Cynthia Constantine 07/11/1969 Suffolk NY
MP12212 Brenda Crowley 03/01/1979 Richmond NY
MP24020 Frances Crownover 11/26/1987 Hamilton TN
MP8048 Valarie Cuccia 05/04/1974 Kings NY