NY NY - Muttontown, Muttontown Preserve, UNKFem 25-50, UP73423, top Lft tooth missing, Nov'01

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

FullMinder

Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP73423
Female, Uncertain
Status
Unidentified
Date Body Found
November 10, 2001
Location Found
Muttontown, New York
Estimated Age Range
25-50 Years
Case Information
Case Numbers
NCMEC Number
--
ME/C Case Number
01-4293
Demographics
Sex
Female
Race / Ethnicity
Uncertain
Possible First Name
--
Possible Middle Name
--
Possible Last Name
--
Nickname/Alias
--
Estimated Age Group
Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)
25-50
Estimated Year of Death
--
Estimated PMI
3 Years
Height
4' 9"-5' 4"(57-64 inches) , Estimated
Weight
Cannot Estimate
Circumstances
Type
Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found
November 10, 2001
NamUs Case Created
September 9, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed
--
Location Found
County
Nassau County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
--
Found On Tribal Land
No
Circumstances of Recovery
Skeletal remains found on 11/10/2001 by a Boy Scout Troop hiking in the Muttontown Preserve, approx 300 feet from the nature trail entrance on Muttontown Rd and approx 75 feet off the trail.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains
--
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Physical Description
Hair Color
Unknown
Head Hair Description
--
Body Hair Description
--
Facial Hair Description
--
Left Eye Color
Unknown
Right Eye Color
Unknown
Eye Description
--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered
Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
ClothingNo clothingOn the Body

Report from when Muttontown Jane Doe was discovered
https://nypost.com/2001/11/14/horrified-hikers-discover-skull/
Hikers at a Long Island nature preserve made a grisly discovery – a human skull protruding from the ground.

The horrified hikers alerted police, who later unearthed the skull and an entire skeleton Sunday at the Muttontown Preserve in Muttontown.

Nassau County homicide detectives moved the remains to the Nassau County medical examiner’s office in East Meadow for an autopsy in a bid to discover the age and gender of the remains.

I also see a WS'er connected her to the Lattingtown Jane Doe, but there doesn't seems to be a follow-up to this post.

Lattingtown Jane Doe's WS thread:
NY - NY - Lattingtown, AsianFem UP10952, 20-50, golden pig pendant, Jan'13

She was found in 2001 and PMI is estimated to be 3 years, so her disappearance and death might have occured in 1998. Curious to know why her info wasn't in Namus before September 9th 2020 and whether or not there are more cases this old that the medical examiner in Nassau has yet to file with Namus.

An old article from Billy Jensen about this Doe. http://billyjensen.com/wp-content/themes/billjensen/pdfs/crime_stories/gold_coast_mystery.pdf
The linked article estimates the PMI as 5 but "less than 30" years, but ME might've re-examined the remains and concluded that the newer PMI is more correct. As for why she's been entered in NamUs lately, there's three thing that comes to mind:
1) Isn't New York state required by law to enter all of their mp and UID cases to NamUs? I can only imagine the size of their backlog!
2) New York state has recently granted Parabon Nanolabs permission to provide their forensic genealogy services in the state. Maybe Jane Doe is one of their cases?
3) LE is following up an a lead.​

The article also states that the skull is in a fragile state, so that a clay reconstruction can't be produced. I don't see a date for when the article was written, but mentions "last November" so I guess sometime in 2002, but in 2020 surely her skull can be scanned and rendered in 3D?

Additional info:
- Jane Doe's top left tooth was missing, and she had a type of denture that's only been around since the 70s.
- She was most likely buried nude underneath leaves and not in a shallow grave.
- According to the article, "she was not Asian or Native American", "at least 35 years old", and "between 5'1 and 5'3 tall".

Stumbling On The Abandoned Ruins Of King Zog’s Long Island Estate

Below is a snip it . I think it’s about this Jane doe. The comments from locals on this article are interesting.

“And as it turns out, Knollwood has a lot more hidden than just ruins. In 2001, some men were out orienteering when they noticed something shiny sticking out of the ground. It turned out to be a human bone, and the full skeleton of a 5’3″ woman was soon unearthed, curled into a fetal position.”

Last edited:
Iam wondering although this woman was found in Nassau County if she is part of the LISK. I believe she was found in Muttontown Preserve which is a State Park.
I had to look it up on Google Maps, and Lattingtown and Muttontown are not only close to each other, but much closer to Gilgo Beach than Manorville, where Jessica Taylor and Valerie Mack was found, then you'd like to think...

Which brings me to another point: Early victims of LISK was dismembered* (both Jessica and Valerie, too), AFAIK, Muttontown Jane Doe (MJD) wasn't dismembered, but left whole underneath leaves, whereas Golden Pig Pendant Lady (GPPL) probably went missing in the same time frame as LISK's later victims, who weren't dismembered. If MJD's estimated PMI is correct, then she went missing in the late 90s, her being found in a "whole" condition, doesn't fit LISK MO at the time, but GPPL's remains does. Makes sense?

JMHO.

*if we assume that LISK is responsible for all the murders, and not two or several serial killers using Long Island as a hunting and dumping ground.

ETA: I just noticed post #1 doesn't link to Muttontown Jane Doe's NamUs page, so I'll go ahead and add it here for future reference:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
Oh Iam a bit confused hehehe.. ok we know LISK early victims were supposedly all dismembered, but Lattingtown lady was not. Lattingtown although not dismembered still considered possible LISK victim…So then why wouldn’t Muttontown Jane Doe considered a victim too. They are not That far apart from each other or that far apart from Gilgo and the both found in state parks like the others.

I wonder if this lady was just overlooked and never made a it to Wikipedia? Just thinking out loud..

Oh Iam a bit confused hehehe.. ok we know LISK early victims were supposedly all dismembered, but Lattingtown lady was not. Lattingtown although not dismembered still considered possible LISK victim…So then why wouldn’t Muttontown Jane Doe considered a victim too. They are not That far apart from each other or that far apart from Gilgo and the both found in state parks like the others.

I wonder if this lady was just overlooked and never made a it to Wikipedia? Just thinking out loud..
bbm.

As I said in my last post, Golden Pig Pendant Lady (GPPL) probably went missing in the same time frame as LISK's later victims, who weren't dismembered, but if MJD's estimated PMI is correct, then she went missing in the late 90s -the same time frame as LISK's early victims (who were dismembered) her being found in a "whole" condition, doesn't fit LISK MO at the time (late 90s), but GPPL's remains does (the 00s/10s).

She was found in 2001 and PMI is estimated to be 3 years, so her disappearance and death might have occured in 1998. Curious to know why her info wasn't in Namus before September 9th 2020 and whether or not there are more cases this old that the medical examiner in Nassau has yet to file with Namus.

An old article from Billy Jensen about this Doe. http://billyjensen.com/wp-content/themes/billjensen/pdfs/crime_stories/gold_coast_mystery.pdf
This article is good I just took a snapshot . It mentions she could of been there at least 5 years.

Attachments

• 9BAD1758-1CF1-4615-B3B8-FFA1534EF8D8.jpeg
    9BAD1758-1CF1-4615-B3B8-FFA1534EF8D8.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 11
bbm.

As I said in my last post, Golden Pig Pendant Lady (GPPL) probably went missing in the same time frame as LISK's later victims, who weren't dismembered, but if MJD's estimated PMI is correct, then she went missing in the late 90s -the same time frame as LISK's early victims (who were dismembered) her being found in a "whole" condition, doesn't fit LISK MO at the time (late 90s), but GPPL's remains does (the 00s/10s).

oooh nooow I get what your saying ! Ha! Thanks for explaining it again.

oh wait but here is a thought.. so who is the firss as t LISK whole victim and could this woman be the first whole victim? … just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

ok so this woman from Brooklyn just couple inches off. I thought of her when it mentioned of front tooth

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP4922Elizabeth Mondelli, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactJuly 22, 1990
Missing FromBrooklyn, New York

I know her profile says possibly missing front teeth but who is to say. I mean they say possibly .. maybe they mean one tooth or had fake tooth or no tooth and person describing don’t remember if it’s left or right.. I don’t know.. I just throwing her in here because she is pretty close to the area by car.

oh wait but here is a thought.. so who is the firss as t LISK whole victim and could this woman be the first whole victim?
My 5 cents:
Considering many women were disappearing and later found in Gilgo Beach simultaneously as LE starts finding bodies at the same location, LISK might've felt the heat and dumped the Golden Pig Pendant Lady in Lattington instead (which is in a completely opposite location as Gilgo Beach on Long Island).

GPPL was also partially buried, unlike the Gilgo Beach victims, so I'm thinking maybe he tried to conceal her because he was trying to establish a new dumping site, or perhaps trying to throw LE off? Maybe she discovered much sooner than he'd expected, so she became the sole victim dumped at that location, either forcing him to find another dumping site (that still remains unknown), or go cold turkey/on hiatus?

Last edited:
My 5 cents:
Considering many women were disappearing and later found in Gilgo Beach simultaneously as LE starts finding bodies at the same location, LISK might've felt the heat and dumped the Golden Pig Pendant Lady in Lattington instead (which is in a completely opposite location as Gilgo Beach on Long Island).

GPPL was also partially buried, unlike the Gilgo Beach victims, so I'm thinking maybe he tried to conceal her because he was trying to establish a new dumping site, or perhaps trying to throw LE off? Maybe she discovered much sooner than he'd expected, so she became the sole victim dumped at that location, either forcing him to find another dumping site (that still remains unknown), or go cold turkey/on hiatus?

ok I like your 5 cents!

And also is LISK just one guy or is there a group? If there is a group would they have multiple ways to get rid of a body?

Last edited:
Muttontown Jane Doe's NamUs (along with many other NYC Does) has been updated several times lately, but with no visible changes, as far as I can see.
This case was updated again in December 2022, with no visible amendments and no ruleouts listed. I also hope there is something positive going on in the background there.

oooh nooow I get what your saying ! Ha! Thanks for explaining it again.

oh wait but here is a thought.. so who is the firss as t LISK whole victim and could this woman be the first whole victim? … just throwing it out there.
RH now charged for Sandra Costilla, found Nov 1993, and her body was not dismembered.

Muttontown JD is petite, like all of the other victims RH is associated with.

The Mamaroneck Police investigator said it’s possible the accused serial killer could have started using Long Island’s North Shore as a dumping ground, noting, “We know he would go duck hunting, maybe leave at 5 a.m.”

**At least three Jane Does have turned up on Long Island’s North Shore during the time the alleged Gilgo killer is believed to have operated.

**This article is from last year, prior to the charges of Jess Maureen and Sandra

Cherries Doe
Lattingtown Doe
And muttontown Doe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member