Found Deceased NY - Nicole Plaud, 24, & Miguel Valentin-Colon, 31, son found alone, Buffalo, 16 Sep 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
missing-parents-buffalo-kid-1568749597.png

Police have identified a 3-year-old boy who was found sleeping on a porch in upstate New York and are now looking for his parents who they believe are from the Orlando area.

More at Florida toddler found alone on porch in New York

missing-parents-buffalo-kid-1568749597.png

Police have identified a 3-year-old boy who was found sleeping on a porch in upstate New York and are now looking for his parents who they believe are from the Orlando area.

More at Florida toddler found alone on porch in New York
Oh no, this doesn't sound good at all. From the article:

Investigators in Buffalo also are trying to determine whether there is a connection between the boy and the discovery of possible human remains in a burned-out car nearby.

[...]

Capt. Jeff Rinaldo says it will take some time to identify the remains discovered later Monday in a car that burned until it extinguished itself. He says the vehicle and its contents were destroyed.

Last edited:
SEP 17, 2019
Family of 3-year-old found sleeping on the porch located; police investigate burned-out vehicle with human remains inside
[...]

Two women arrived in Buffalo from Florida to say the child is their grandson Noelvin. They were alerted that the child was found in Buffalo by a social media post.

There's no word on the whereabouts of the child's parents Miguel Valentin-Colon and Nicole Maria Merced Plaud, as well as a friend of theirs who was with them, Dhamyl Mirella Roman-Audiffred. All three are from the Florida area.

Zenaida Colon, Miguel Valetine's mother, says she does not know why her son and Nicole were in Buffalo, but says they do like to travel. She said the couple was also in the company of a friend. Colon says Valentine was driving a rental vehicle at the time because his vehicle was in the shop for service.

[...]

SEP 17, 2019
Grandparents found after toddler discovered on stranger's porch; parents remain missing, police say
[...]

Police said they found a burned car containing human remains about a mile from where Noelvin was discovered, but they stressed Tuesday that investigators were continuing work to identify the remains. Buffalo police Capt. Jeff Rinaldo said the car was so badly damaged by the flames that officers were unable to positively identify its make or model.

"We will not know the identities of the people found in the vehicle for quite some time," he said Tuesday at a news conference. Forensic anthropologists are assisting in the investigation.

[...]

Family members told WKBW-TV they last heard from the boy's parents, 24-year-old Nicole Mersed and 31-year-old Migel Valentin, on Sunday. Colon told WIVB-TV she believes Noelvin was vacationing in Buffalo with his parents and a friend.

[...]

According to WIVB-TV, Buffalo police found the vehicle about 6 p.m. Monday outside a Black Rock storage facility on Tonawanda Street.

[...]

Homeowner LA told WIVB that she spotted the child on her porch, curled up with a blanket in a box, about 8 a.m.

"I said, 'Where's your mommy, honey?'" she told WKBW. "He said, 'The car's on fire.' That's all he kept saying."

[...]

Grandmother of 3-year-old found on porch worries parents are dead after burned car discovered
A grandmother of the three-year-old boy who was found Monday sleeping in a box on a Potomac Avenue porch says she fears for the worst as police investigate.

[...]

The fire, which police say burned extremely hot, and for a long time, probably began around 3 a.m. on Monday morning.

[...]

“I had given him a car to make him a little more friendly. He enjoyed the car. he told me he has a sister. When I asked him what his mom’s name was, he said ‘Mommy.'”

She says he repeatedly referenced a burning car.

[...]

Last edited:
That poor little boy. Someone had to have brought him back to that porch- how would he know that a car was on fire unless he saw it? He must have seen it.

I wonder who's porch he was found out? Was it a vacation rental or cabin rental, or just some random person's porch that he found a box to sleep in? Did the little guy walk away on his own? It doesn't make sense if he did- if someone was going to kill the parents and/or the friend, it doesn't make sense that they'd leave the child alive or off to wander by themself.

That poor little boy. Someone had to have brought him back to that porch- how would he know that a car was on fire unless he saw it? He must have seen it.

I wonder who's porch he was found out? Was it a vacation rental or cabin rental, or just some random person's porch that he found a box to sleep in? Did the little guy walk away on his own? It doesn't make sense if he did- if someone was going to kill the parents and/or the friend, it doesn't make sense that they'd leave the child alive or off to wander by themself.
It's in the city of Buffalo, NY- It was a person's house.

These are the local stations with the story front page.

Home

Buffalo, NY | Local News, Weather, Traffic, Sports | WGRZ.com

News 4 Buffalo

SEP 18, 2019
Family fears parents dead after 3-year-old found sleeping in box on N.Y. porch
[...]

LA found 3-year-old Noelvin, who was wearing only a pull-up diaper, asleep around 8 a.m. Monday in a cardboard box on her front porch in Buffalo, N.Y.

“He must’ve heard me open the door. He came crawling out of the box, and he had the blanket around him. I picked him up, and I hugged him,” LA said. "He was saying the car was burning up. The car was burning up. That's all he kept saying."

[...]

"I can't stress enough how complicated of an investigation this is,” said Capt. Jeff Rinaldo with the Buffalo Police Department. "The vehicle was badly, badly damaged from the fire, almost to the point that we cannot tell what type of vehicle it is or the contents of the vehicle."

NIXU5K5SXJGBXELPGU3X4RKT6Y.JPG

Police want to hear from anyone who has seen Plaud and Valentin-Colon or the friend they were traveling with.

FLCNGPCLCJH6BA7B7PXBD6UC3Q.JPG

[...]

SEP 17, 2019
Orlando father pleads for answers after son, friends go missing in Buffalo
[...]

JO told News 6 his son and his two friends took a road trip to Buffalo on Sunday, and he hasn't been able to contact them since then.

[...]

Buffalo police said they are investigating whether a burned-out vehicle may be connected to their disappearance.

They said two bodies were found inside, and they were burned so badly, it will take time to identify them.

[...]

SEP 18, 2019
Police: Central Florida boy, 3, found sleeping in box on porch of NY home; parents missing
[...]

They believe the car fire started around 3 a.m. Monday, but no one has reported seeing that car on fire.

[...]

On Tuesday, child protective services in New York temporarily denied one of the boy's grandmothers custody. Officials said they want to make a visit to her home in Orlando first.

Investigators are calling this a complicated case, and want anyone who might know what happened to come forward.

[...]

Oquendo said his daughter last heard from Miguel on Sunday night.

She became suspicious when Miguel's phone kept going straight to voicemail.

[...]

Relatives said they didn't know the family was going out of town, but it wasn't unusual from them to take road trips.

Investigators spent Tuesday night scouring for surveillance video in the area where this all happened.

[...]

Poor baby. I can't help but assume someone placed him on that porch. But it also makes me think of how few people bother sparing these helpless little children when something like this happens. His mommy's name is "mommy". :(

The remains of that car look bad! I wonder how they'd identify anyone if they didn't already have a good idea now of who might be in it from identifying the 3 yo.

On Tuesday, child protective services in New York temporarily denied one of the boy's grandmothers custody. Officials said they want to make a visit to her home in Orlando first.

Investigators are calling this a complicated case, and want anyone who might know what happened to come forward.

Relatives said they didn't know the family was going out of town, but it wasn't unusual from them to take road trips.

Police: Central Florida boy, 3, found sleeping in box on porch of NY home; parents missing

This is terrible... I am betting it is his parents in the car, especially with the boys continuous statements and since they said specifically evidence of two bodies in the car I’m sadly thinking their friend had something to do with it.. maybe too why the boy was spared.
Since they think the car fire was started at about 3am I’m wondering if some drinking/partying and an argument got out of hand and resulted in a horrifying outcome for these friends..
I wonder if the baby is able to give any more info as to what happened, if mommy was in the car or maybe who else was there. So happy he was spared...

Oh, my heart hurts. Thank goodness the overnight temps in NY haven't been too cold.

It does sound like a complicated case, especially because it's unknown who was in the car. It's possible that one of his parents are still alive.

I'm glad that CPS is investigating first before they turn the child over.

What a heart breaking situation for all. Just Horrible. I am interested to know who the two bodies are that were in the vehicle. Both the parents, or one parent and "the friend", if in fact this burning car is related to the little boy, it sure sounds likely it is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back