Found Deceased NY - Nicole Plaud, 24, & Miguel Valentin-Colon, 31, son found alone, Buffalo, 16 Sep 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Usually when someone is selling large amounts of cocaine, like this case, they're selling it to someone they personally know or someone that comes with references and not some stranger off the street. These transactions typically occur in a safe location for everyone involved... like the house or business of one of the parties or a fairly high end hotel room or something similar. Counting and authenticating the cash would take a bit of time even with a decent money counter.
I don't think they would willing go to this area at 3 or 4 in the morning, as the deal would be worth at minimum 80k for 2 kilos. MOO

Yes, I agree about knowing the people you are selling to. That said, there has recently been a lot of dealers going to prison in that area. Maybe this group thought they had an in in that area to become a new dealer in the area and others thought better of it.

Thank you for the additional info, @Lena36! I appreciate that you took the time to add the details--very informative.
Your welcome. It's not easy outing me as having been an addict and being familiar with that lifestyle. It is crazy though that I'm sitting here with my one year old son because of him I'll never go back to any of that. Thinking about their son witnessing all of that breaks my heart.
Thank you for the additional info, @Lena36! I appreciate that you took the time to add the details--very informative.
No problem. Actually this is a great show to watch for people who are curious about that life. I was hesitant to out myself as having been an addict and far to close for comfort that could have been me. I did and will answer any questions people
No problem. This is a really good documentary about drugs and dealers on national geographic called Drugs,Inc . If anyone checks it out let me know what you think. I recommend the Pittsburgh episode but they are all good and informative and interesting. Besides being a previous addict I love psychology and took it in college. That's what draws me to crimes stories. Truth be told I've never even posted on a forum in ten years. This may sound really far fetched but maybe someone reading this forum and our ideas could help solve the case if an investigator would stumble on here and read our theories and give them a good lead on something they might not have thought to it. Like I said that's far fetched but anything can happen. I would love to go back to school for criminology or forensics but I'm too old(36) with a one year old lol

One thing I want to point out is that people buying small amounts or under a few grand are usually done late night in allies but with that amount of drugs and large amounts of money they would go to someone's house or meet at the hotel. Drug dealers have like a system. Big dealer buys and sells in huge amounts and then someone else buys smaller quantities and that's when it starts to get cut or "stomped on" and you will even see teenagers running drugs out to people on the street because they would get less time under 18. Maybe these people thought they were Meeting big wigs and it was low level runners who said pick me up to go weigh it and count the money and he shot them texted someone else he works with who ran to the car and they burned it because they weren't professionals. They may have thought this would make them the big fish. And dealers also sell their numbers and clients. If someone goes to jail you will get a text a few months later and they will say they were the person you had previously seen when you have never met or spoken to this person ever before. So they could have thought it was someone they met before. I wish there would be an update on this case. I wonder if they all had been to box street and drove them in the car thinking there was no video and that people would assume it was an accidental car fire and never be able to ID the car or bodies. If the friends body was in that firepit I'm thinking these people have no experience doing so. Btw I wouldn't be shocked if someone did call and report the fire and they brushed it off that maybe someone was burning garbage or something. Then again we live in a day an age people will watch someone get beat up like these teens that beat another teen to death and noone helped they just videotaped it..so sad. I'm worry about my son growing up in this day and age.

Btw if you see me repeat something more than once it's because my phone would say it didn't post so I thought my reply was lost and wrote a new one but now it looks like they all posted but won't let me delete or modify it. People are going to think I'm on drugs and I'm not lol.

Your welcome. It's not easy outing me as having been an addict and being familiar with that lifestyle. It is crazy though that I'm sitting here with my one year old son because of him I'll never go back to any of that. Thinking about their son witnessing all of that breaks my heart.

No problem. Actually this is a great show to watch for people who are curious about that life. I was hesitant to out myself as having been an addict and far to close for comfort that could have been me. I did and will answer any questions people

No problem. This is a really good documentary about drugs and dealers on national geographic called Drugs,Inc . If anyone checks it out let me know what you think. I recommend the Pittsburgh episode but they are all good and informative and interesting. Besides being a previous addict I love psychology and took it in college. That's what draws me to crimes stories. Truth be told I've never even posted on a forum in ten years. This may sound really far fetched but maybe someone reading this forum and our ideas could help solve the case if an investigator would stumble on here and read our theories and give them a good lead on something they might not have thought to it. Like I said that's far fetched but anything can happen. I would love to go back to school for criminology or forensics but I'm too old(36) with a one year old lol

It is never too late to go back to school, I went back to Uni in my late 40's and I am now a environmental scientist. If I can do it, anyone can.

Wondering... As I understand it, the (under)world of the type of drug activity that seems to be suspected with the Florida trio operates on networking and word-of-mouth. So, would a "deal" of the nature/size/style discussed here, be relatively known "on the street" -- within the "network"? It seems to me that it would almost have to be known to quite a few individuals... and hearsay/rumors of it would spread even further.

Also, as a FWIW comment, how the heck big was the Box Ave fire-pit to accommodate a (presumably) full grown human!?!?!!!! While there are vacant lots there, it is still an old/dense urban setting.

Finally, regarding the van fire... I wonder how long the flames would have burned.

I would suspect in this drug pond with the different size fishes, and other drug bust of late many informants and many deals will be made for information on this case.
I just hope that the task Force and DA will bring Justice to these burn victims and the family can relax knowing whomever is responsible is under lock and key for a very very long time forever max.
There are many lessons to learn in these cases.
Stay away from the high stepping of the drug world. It rarely ends well for the Inter circle players.
I love success stories.
I see we do have some on this thread.

Not that it changes any of the facts or speculations about this whole thing... but I happened to drive RT198N just moments ago. So, I passed the location of the 'burning van'. It is amazing to me that (according to reports I've seen) the police/fire received no call(s) about the fire. True, traffic would be lighter at that time... but it wouldn't be zero. And, naturally, a fire in the darkest hours would be highly visible. Even with leaves on the trees/bushes, 198 is elevated so sightlines are pretty clear.

If they got no calls, they got no calls. But, sheesh!
I don't know the area at all, but if Route 198 is fairly well-traveled at that hour it is quite possible that no one reported the fore because they may have assumed that someone else already did.

A couple of things:

#1 You should be very proud of yourself for how you have turned your life around. It is amazing how the power of love - the love you share with your son - can change your whole world. Hold tight to those powerful feelings!

#2 "There, but for the Grace of God, go I." None of us can ever know what another person has been through that can lead them to any type of addiction. Addiction is so complex and poorly understood which can cause it to be so hard to overcome. I used to be an ICU nurse and took care of a young man who came in as a heroin overdose. He spent weeks on life support and dialysis before beginning to recover. Several of my co-workers were very unsympathetic towards him and basically had the attitude that "he did this to himself so why should we bust our *advertiser censored* to take care of him?". I took care of him quite a bit and, as he began to improve and was able to speak we would have long conversations. It started when I asked him about his tattoos, many of which had the name of a girl and dates. "H" and the girl lived in a bad city with a lot of poverty, drugs and crime. While in High School they became close and started dating. She confided to him that her uncle, whose family she lived with, had been molesting her since she was 5 y/o. "H" wanted to confront the uncle but she begged him not to, saying she was afraid of the uncle and what he would do. "H" went to the girl's house and confronted the uncle when he answered the door. The uncle opened fire on "H" and the girl, shooting both of them. The girl died in his arms on the sidewalk. They were both just 16 y/o.

He loved her deeply and could never get over his belief that he caused her death and turned to drugs. At 19 y/o he got clean and wanted to finish High School and move on with his life. But he then found out he was HIV+ and his life spiraled out of control again. "H" survived the hospitalization when I got to know him, but later came back and did not survive. It has been 22 years since I was blessed to get to know him and I am forever grateful that I did. I treasure our conversations and the insight it gave me into the struggles of one sensitive soul that led him to addiction which ultimately destroyed his life. He was a beautiful soul and it is so sad that most people only saw him as "an addict".

#3 You are NEVER too old to do ANYTHING!! I had an great-aunt that went back to school at 80 y/o to take art classes at the U of AZ in Tucson! And I'll never forget a response that Dear Abby gave to someone that wrote in because she had always wanted to be a doctor but felt she was too old to start down a path that would take so many years as she was well past the typical "college age". The writer said that after years of college, medical school, residency, etc she would be "x" years old and felt that was too old to be starting a career in medicine. Dear Abby's response was priceless and memorable, essentially saying that, if you don't do this, in "x" years you will still be "x" years old but the only difference is that you WON'T be starting a career in medicine!

So, follow your dreams even if it is one small step at a time. You may take some steps forward and some steps back and it will often be hard but just believe that you will eventually get there and just think of the powerful message you are sending to your son. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

(FYI I got pregnant at 16 y/o, had my son at 17 y/o and still graduated HS with my class. I got a job on my 18th birthday so I could get benefits for my son, worked 6 days a week and went to school 2 nights a week and eventually became and ICU/Trauma nurse with a MSN. I was lucky that I had very supportive parents, but it was hard but I did it and it was so worth it. I now have 3 good kids.)

How long does it take to identify remains? It seems like they could have done it in less than 2.5 weeks....
This does not directly answer your question, but it's related... and I think suggests that identification in this particular situation may be a lengthy process.

Reliable genetic identification of burnt human remains. - PubMed - NCBI

"The identification of severely burnt human remains by genetic fingerprinting is a common task in forensic routine work. In cases of extreme fire impact, only hard tissues (bones, teeth) may be left for DNA analysis. DNA extracted from burnt bone fragments may be highly degraded, making an amplification of genetic markers difficult or even impossible. Furthermore, heavily burnt bones are very prone to contamination with external DNA. We investigated whether authentic DNA profiles can be generated from human bones showing different stages of fire induced destruction (well preserved, semi-burnt, black burnt, blue-grey burnt, blue-grey-white burnt). DNA was extracted from 71 bone fragments derived from 13 individuals. Obtained genetic patterns (STRs and mtDNA sequences) were compared to the genetic pattern of the respective bodies. Our results show that the identification via DNA analysis is reliably and reproducibly possible from well preserved and semi-burnt bones. In black burnt bones the DNA was highly degraded and in some cases no nuclear DNA was left, leaving mitochondrial DNA analysis as an option. Blue-grey burnt bones lead only sporadically to authentic profiles. The investigation of blue-grey-white burnt bones barely led to reliable results."

I suppose, too, that even with DNA, there has to be someone against whom to compare/match. I've not seen anything suggesting that anyone has provided sample DNA. And, of course, if the remains are unrelated individuals, that'd make a yet further complication.

A couple of things:

#1 You should be very proud of yourself for how you have turned your life around. It is amazing how the power of love - the love you share with your son - can change your whole world. Hold tight to those powerful feelings!

#2 "There, but for the Grace of God, go I." None of us can ever know what another person has been through that can lead them to any type of addiction. Addiction is so complex and poorly understood which can cause it to be so hard to overcome. I used to be an ICU nurse and took care of a young man who came in as a heroin overdose. He spent weeks on life support and dialysis before beginning to recover. Several of my co-workers were very unsympathetic towards him and basically had the attitude that "he did this to himself so why should we bust our *advertiser censored* to take care of him?". I took care of him quite a bit and, as he began to improve and was able to speak we would have long conversations. It started when I asked him about his tattoos, many of which had the name of a girl and dates. "H" and the girl lived in a bad city with a lot of poverty, drugs and crime. While in High School they became close and started dating. She confided to him that her uncle, whose family she lived with, had been molesting her since she was 5 y/o. "H" wanted to confront the uncle but she begged him not to, saying she was afraid of the uncle and what he would do. "H" went to the girl's house and confronted the uncle when he answered the door. The uncle opened fire on "H" and the girl, shooting both of them. The girl died in his arms on the sidewalk. They were both just 16 y/o.

He loved her deeply and could never get over his belief that he caused her death and turned to drugs. At 19 y/o he got clean and wanted to finish High School and move on with his life. But he then found out he was HIV+ and his life spiraled out of control again. "H" survived the hospitalization when I got to know him, but later came back and did not survive. It has been 22 years since I was blessed to get to know him and I am forever grateful that I did. I treasure our conversations and the insight it gave me into the struggles of one sensitive soul that led him to addiction which ultimately destroyed his life. He was a beautiful soul and it is so sad that most people only saw him as "an addict".

#3 You are NEVER too old to do ANYTHING!! I had an great-aunt that went back to school at 80 y/o to take art classes at the U of AZ in Tucson! And I'll never forget a response that Dear Abby gave to someone that wrote in because she had always wanted to be a doctor but felt she was too old to start down a path that would take so many years as she was well past the typical "college age". The writer said that after years of college, medical school, residency, etc she would be "x" years old and felt that was too old to be starting a career in medicine. Dear Abby's response was priceless and memorable, essentially saying that, if you don't do this, in "x" years you will still be "x" years old but the only difference is that you WON'T be starting a career in medicine!

So, follow your dreams even if it is one small step at a time. You may take some steps forward and some steps back and it will often be hard but just believe that you will eventually get there and just think of the powerful message you are sending to your son. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

(FYI I got pregnant at 16 y/o, had my son at 17 y/o and still graduated HS with my class. I got a job on my 18th birthday so I could get benefits for my son, worked 6 days a week and went to school 2 nights a week and eventually became and ICU/Trauma nurse with a MSN. I was lucky that I had very supportive parents, but it was hard but I did it and it was so worth it. I now have 3 good kids.)
Thank you for sharing. You are a kind and loving soul!

Wondering... As I understand it, the (under)world of the type of drug activity that seems to be suspected with the Florida trio operates on networking and word-of-mouth. So, would a "deal" of the nature/size/style discussed here, be relatively known "on the street" -- within the "network"? It seems to me that it would almost have to be known to quite a few individuals... and hearsay/rumors of it would spread even further.

Also, as a FWIW comment, how the heck big was the Box Ave fire-pit to accommodate a (presumably) full grown human!?!?!!!! While there are vacant lots there, it is still an old/dense urban setting.

Finally, regarding the van fire... I wonder how long the flames would have burned.
209 Box Ave
Google Maps
That's the Google Street view. I don't get how neighbors wouldn't notice anything weird. If u saw a fire at an empty lot next to my house I would think bon fire and it's a party and check it out. Weird

209 Box Ave
Google Maps
That's the Google Street view. I don't get how neighbors wouldn't notice anything weird. If u saw a fire at an empty lot next to my house I would think bon fire and it's a party and check it out. Weird
I have a feeling neighbors there look the other way when strange stuff happens. If you google the street name this case is not the first that comes up as having to do with drugs.

I would love to go back to school for criminology or forensics but I'm too old(36) with a one year old lol

SBM. @Lena36, it is never too late to go back to school. There are lots of programs (from non-profit colleges) that are online/distance/low residency. I work with people who have dropped out and gone back. It can be a challenge but worth it if you decide to do it. I did some of my extended education later in my adulthood and with kids--I was tired but soon loved the opportunity to be a learner among other learners in an on-line/in-person program. Congratulations on your child, your sobriety and your strong will to be the best you can!

It is never too late to go back to school, I went back to Uni in my late 40's and I am now a environmental scientist. If I can do it, anyone can.

O/T and lands at random, but thank you @muggles63. You never know who might read your words, and those are words that really mean something. Sometimes one sentence, one idea, one fleeting insight can change someone's life. Thanks for sharing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin
Back