NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - the low reward $ is targeted at a younger generation

MOO I agree.. a big number on a reward would be really intimidating for a teenager. But $3,500 is a realistic lottery win for a kid… whoever is going to tip is going to want to do it anonymously. U can’t be anonymous and 14 and get $50K

Just looking at the map of OG’s residence and where her body was left.. Is it possible that the perp was attempting to drag the body to dump it in Willow Lake? And maybe gave up when it all got too hard?

It looks to me (I have never been there so I don’t know) like anyone trying to get to one of those lakes near Flushing Meadows on foot from the house would need to head east towards Jackie Robinson Pkwy first before heading north due to major roads blocking the way.

I could be completely off track here - just a thought..

Police offer $3500 reward for information leading to Orsolya Gaal’s killer - latest

Officers stop short of identifying suspect
Investigators said they stopped short of identifying the suspect because they don’t have enough evidence against him and the man could surrender with a lawyer and refuse to answer questions.”

Perhaps this answers our questions regarding the reward. LE know who did it - they need additional evidence and are trying to put pressure on him in the hope that he slips up..

Just looking at the map of OG’s residence and where her body was left.. Is it possible that the perp was attempting to drag the body to dump it in Willow Lake? And maybe gave up when it all got too hard?

It looks to me (I have never been there so I don’t know) like anyone trying to get to one of those lakes near Flushing Meadows on foot from the house would need to head east towards Jackie Robinson Pkwy first before heading north due to major roads blocking the way.

I could be completely off track here - just a thought..

I know that area well. not a chance. Way to far to get to flushing meadow park with a heavy bag in tow. At some point police would notice something weird. They do cruise around.
He basically just gave up and realized he had to flee. Possible that one of the wheels broke off on that bag or he noticed a trail of blood.

Forest Park is right there where the body was left. I thought maybe he was headed there & didn’t make it …… but if he’d first intended to hide the body, seems weird that he’d ultimately just leave it completely out in the open IMO

Exactly, especially the part about the only reason to remove the body is if you lived there.

The way it was done too, just screams juvenile to me. But on the other hand, law enforcement seems to be indicating the killer did not live in that house.

This could wind up being one for the books; a complete outlier.
What is getting me is the completely unnecessary and almost stupid text the perp sent. This is not a thoughtful person, a little impulsive... it does scream juvenile to me as well. The gait of the person walking is also a little gangly and awkward like a juvenile.

<modsnip>
Based on the facts that have been so far revealed, the focus should be on phone records that show OG had some sort of relationship with a person familiar with, but not of the household.
Based on the same, she seems to have been waiting for someone who didn't show up for their rendezvous.
They have hinted at, but not identified, a person of interest; is this person from the household? At this point we are only speculating if we say it is; perhaps the "handyman she had a relationship with" is to be interviewed to eliminate them. The fact that this person seems to not yet have been found (as of this moment we don't know if they have) indicates they might be laying low.

<modsnip>
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
they were talking to her friends early in the investigation, so I would think at least one of her closest friends would know about an affair and would tell LE. Jmo

It's entirely possible that the hubby knew and told them. He knew that when she disappeared for some 7 1/2 hours, after leaving the house for a midnight walk, a couple years ago, that her phone traced to Jamaica, Queens, but she wouldn't answer, but then finally showed back up at home, after he had already called LE to report her missing. Surely he learned the details of that disappearance. I am leaning towards the belief that this couple either had an open marriage, or that the hubby was so involved in work or other things that he just looked the other way when it came to his wife's indiscretions. All JMO

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:

MANY posts were removed.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed. This includes the social media of those people not declared a Person or Interest or suspect.

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

This thread is not about what kind of music you like or don't, what you would do or wouldn't. A woman has been murdered, and her family members are grieving.

Please think before you post. Time-outs and thread bans will be issued if necessary.

One thing I noticed this morning, which I found bizarre, is how long it took police to get a search warrant.

Multiple reports, including this one, state that police made an "emergency entry" into the house on Saturday morning after following the blood trail to the home. It was at this point that officers located the son on the top floor and saw the blood in the living room.

Despite the officers evidently seeing blood in the living room, however, it apparently took them hours to get a search warrant for the house, according to the New York Post (snipped & BBM):

"NYPD sources told The Post on Tuesday that detectives had asked the Queens District Attorney’s Office for a search warrant shortly after tracing the blood back to Gaal’s house Saturday morning.

But investigators weren’t given the warrant until early evening, costing them valuable time in gathering evidence, sources said."

If this information is accurate, I am truly at a loss as to why it would take hours to get a search warrant if officers saw blood in the home at the time of the emergency entry on Saturday morning. In New York, search warrants can be applied for with an oral application, particularly in emergency situations, so it's not like the police even needed to draft a written warrant.

Per pix 11 news this morning, the killer supposedly left behind a piece of evidence which will hopefully help investigators solve it. Jmo bc i don’t have a link
Law enforcement sources said the suspect left behind a piece of evidence at Gaal’s home. They’re hoping it will lead them to the killer.
Who killed Orsolya Gaal? Probe in Queens mom found in duffel bag continues

hope this is true. In this case LE is being mum about literally every aspect of this case. Meaning all we have is "sources". It is what it is. Hate it, because I prefer to stick with facts and direct quotes but those are few and far between and there would be zero discussion if that is all we read or discussed.

Hope LE is much further along than it seems with this case. Also wondering which, if any, leaks are from ACTUAL inside the investigation sources. I am beginning to wonder if LE is using the press to rattle some cages.

Law enforcement sources said the suspect left behind a piece of evidence at Gaal’s home. They’re hoping it will lead them to the killer.
Who killed Orsolya Gaal? Probe in Queens mom found in duffel bag continues

hope this is true. In this case LE is being mum about literally every aspect of this case. Meaning all we have is "sources". It is what it is. Hate it, because I prefer to stick with facts and direct quotes but those are few and far between and there would be zero discussion if that is all we read or discussed.

Hope LE is much further along than it seems with this case. Also wondering which, if any, leaks are from ACTUAL inside the investigation sources. I am beginning to wonder if LE is using the press to rattle some cages.
They just have to be close.

I just can't imagine there's not a great deal of physical evidence, likely inside the home and on the bag itself (touch DNA). There's also going to be lots and lots of video that we haven't seen.

Once an arrest is made, I have no doubt that they're going to have this suspect dead to rights. This was sloppy beyond belief.

They just have to be close.

I just can't imagine there's not a great deal of physical evidence, likely inside the home and on the bag itself (touch DNA). There's also going to be lots and lots of video that we haven't seen.

Once an arrest is made, I have no doubt that they're going to have this suspect dead to rights. This was sloppy beyond belief.

I agree. We often see cases here where you just get the sense that the perp has done the same crime before. For me, the Naomi Irion case comes immediately to mind, but I definitely think this is this murderer's first kill, which tells me there was not any real planning and it may even have been completely spur of the moment rage. JMO

Last edited:
To have this person be so out of control that they stabbed her so many times, it seems that there would naturally be so many clues in the house/basement. It took them hours to leave that house and we know he/she was not standing still touching nothing. Was it all attempts to clean up the murder scene physically? Or, were there attempts to clean up digitally and erase items/data that connected the two of them? Her son was lucky that he did not come downstairs or he could have been another victim.

I agree. We often see cases here where you just get the sense that the perp has done the same crime before, for me, the Naomi Irion case comes immediately to mind, but I definitely think this is this murderer's first kill, which tells me there was not any real planning and it may even have been completely spur of the moment rage. JMO
Oh yeah, the stab wounds tell the story. Rage.

I just can't get over the bizarre act of moving the body, and doing it in such a stupid and risky way.

That's panic, or some sort of mental illness.

This crime is almost schizophrenic, as you have this overkill mess of a crime, then a seemingly well worded text to the husband. Someone got their act together in those ensuing minutes, even though that text was both dumb and transparent.

Just super weird.

To have this person be so out of control that they stabbed her so many times, it seems that there would naturally be so many clues in the house/basement. It took them hours to leave that house and we know he/she was not standing still touching nothing. Was it all attempts to clean up the murder scene physically? Or, were there attempts to clean up digitally and erase items/data that connected the two of them? Her son was lucky that he did not come downstairs or he could have been another victim.

Do we know that whoever did this didn't leave the house, panic and come back to remove OG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat