NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking of how this person got into the house and when. Articles posted pictures of NYPD in their garage--- is that where the spare key was? I keep thinking about the key to get in the house and "key piece of evidence" as it seems like entry into the house has not been disclosed.

We also saw computers/monitors leave the house (wrapped in a black garbage bag held by a detective) ----digital connections can't be erased so I wonder.

Do we know that whoever did this didn't leave the house, panic and come back to remove OG?

They have an alarm system so LE knows if doors were open and closed. They might even have movement in rooms if the alarm system had room sensors or even digitally connected lights that are on a sensor. So many people have smart home technology that is always collecting data. (IIRC, in Gannon Stauch's murder case, they had data on the doors opening and closing as well as movement up and down the stairs based on the home security system) We now live in a world where any form of digital technology that we install can tell our story even when we can't . Heck, they know that she died at 12:41, probably based on some wearable technology.

I keep thinking of how this person got into the house and when. Articles posted pictures of NYPD in their garage--- is that where the spare key was? I keep thinking about the key to get in the house and "key piece of evidence" as it seems like entry into the house has not been disclosed.

We also saw computers/monitors leave the house (wrapped in a black garbage bag held by a detective) ----digital connections can't be erased so I wonder.

The family's electrician, 30-year-old Arrjuna Jack, has also revealed that the house was outfitted with an advanced camera surveillance system.

Jack says he was often at the home carrying out electrical work, power-washing and painting.

He added that the house has a separate door that leads up into the kitchen or down into the basement, which is outfitted with a laundry room and what used to be the boys' playroom.
Family electrician of murdered Queens mother says her home had multiple cameras | Daily Mail Online

He said Klein, 53, worked from an office in the home and the house has separate door that leads either down to the basement or up to the kitchen. The basement consists of a laundry room and what was the kid’s playroom.
Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's home had separate basement entrance, family electrician says

Wondering if the entrance described here is from the garage leading either up a few stairs to the kitchen or down a few more to the basement area.

ETA found it:
Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's home had separate basement entrance, family electrician says

Last edited:

^^BBM

Other than she returned through the side door; perp entered via the back door...unless that has changed or been updated.

One thing I noticed this morning, which I found bizarre, is how long it took police to get a search warrant.

Multiple reports, including this one, state that police made an "emergency entry" into the house on Saturday morning after following the blood trail to the home. It was at this point that officers located the son on the top floor and saw the blood in the living room.

Despite the officers evidently seeing blood in the living room, however, it apparently took them hours to get a search warrant for the house, according to the New York Post (snipped & BBM):

"NYPD sources told The Post on Tuesday that detectives had asked the Queens District Attorney’s Office for a search warrant shortly after tracing the blood back to Gaal’s house Saturday morning.

But investigators weren’t given the warrant until early evening, costing them valuable time in gathering evidence, sources said."

If this information is accurate, I am truly at a loss as to why it would take hours to get a search warrant if officers saw blood in the home at the time of the emergency entry on Saturday morning. In New York, search warrants can be applied for with an oral application, particularly in emergency situations, so it's not like the police even needed to draft a written warrant.

I am not as surprised as you about the time to get the warrant. They had her body and had the crime scene secured. They had no idea who had access to her and the house. I am sure that they wanted to make sure that every thing was done correctly and without a chance that their evidence could be thrown out wherever the case went.

I know people in this DAs office. They are not slow walkers by any means-- but have had not conversation about this case with them. I think it was also a holiday and a highly sensational story so they wanted the right people to be looking at everything.

I happened to drive down the block this morning on my way to run errands in the neighborhood. There are so many cameras any way the perp decided to walk. Many cameras on homes I saw as well. I believe NYPD is just building their case at this point.

There were a few flowers in front of the home people have placed there for her.

^^BBM

Other than she returned through the side door; perp entered via the back door...unless that has changed or been updated.

That is what sources have said--- but we don't know time that he/she entered or if they used a key and/or code. We have lots of "sources" but not a lot of formally released information. I think they have more on the entry and exit than we the public know.

Does anyone else find it slightly odd that the electrician (who also carries out painting and yard work) is sharing such intimate details of the home and the routine of the family? Either he’s just disloyal and out to gain payment for his information, or perhaps he’s close to the perp? They may have potentially worked together at the house at the same time? Or maybe they are one and the same person? JMO.

Or, he has a reputation to uphold and doesn't want people to think that he is the man they are looking for? Anyone who is a handyman or tradesperson can lose lots of work if people start to whisper about them. Reputation is key in trades as your referrals come most often from word of mouth or other respected/reputable trade referrals. He might be skirting on the edge of being seen as non-discrete but I am sure he doesn't want anyone to think he is the person they are alluding to in the newspapers.

Or, he has a reputation to uphold and doesn't want people to think that he is the man they are looking for? Anyone who is a handyman or tradesperson can lose lots of work if people start to whisper about them. Reputation is key in trades as your referrals come most often from word of mouth or other respected/reputable trade referrals. He might be skirting on the edge of being seen as non-discrete but I am sure he doesn't want anyone to think he is the person they are alluding to in the newspapers.
That’s a very good point, thanks!

They have an alarm system so LE knows if doors were open and closed. They might even have movement in rooms if the alarm system had room sensors or even digitally connected lights that are on a sensor. So many people have smart home technology that is always collecting data. (IIRC, in Gannon Stauch's murder case, they had data on the doors opening and closing as well as movement up and down the stairs based on the home security system) We now live in a world where any form of digital technology that we install can tell our story even when we can't . Heck, they know that she died at 12:41, probably based on some wearable technology.

Right, I love that technology can paint a bigger picture.

I guess I should have explained more. Has LE confirmed that the person responsible stayed at the house the entire time?

I don't necessarily think the killer left and came back to remove OG. I'm just trying to come up with what might have transpired during that window of time.

To have this person be so out of control that they stabbed her so many times, it seems that there would naturally be so many clues in the house/basement. It took them hours to leave that house and we know he/she was not standing still touching nothing. Was it all attempts to clean up the murder scene physically? Or, were there attempts to clean up digitally and erase items/data that connected the two of them? Her son was lucky that he did not come downstairs or he could have been another victim.
What if the perp lived in the neighborhood and went home to clean themselves up before returning hours later to take her body out of the house?

Last edited:
April 20 2022
Handyman lover wanted by cops in New York mom’s mysterious murder | Toronto Sun
''It was reported the victim “knew her killer” and the attack was personal, given there were no signs of a break-in or evidence of the brutal slaying.
Now cops want to speak with her ex-handyman lover – who has not yet been named or identified as a person of interest – who had intimate knowledge of Gaal’s home and where the family kept a spare key, the New York Post reported.''

“(Detectives) don’t think it was a planned murder,” a law enforcement source told the Post. “He left a blood trail for five blocks from the house … like a trail of bread crumbs.”

''Police also want to speak with several men Gaal had been texting with before her death, sources said.
On Friday evening, Gaal was at Lincoln Center with friends before returning to Queens around midnight.
She reportedly went to a neighbourhood bar for 40 minutes, allegedly waiting for someone, sources told the Post.''

Does anyone know if LE has OG's cellphone? And, if so, where it was recovered? I know they are reviewing phone records, but it's not clear whether or not they have the actual phone.
If the message to OG's husband was sent at 5am, which was after the perp was seen on a neighborhood camera, then the perp took it, unless they returned to the house or the message was sent by someone else.

If the message to OG's husband was sent at 5am, which was after the perp was seen on a neighborhood camera, then the perp took it, unless they returned to the house or the message was sent by someone else.
Was that message from her cell phone? I don't recall that being disclosed where the message came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties