NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family's residence is located on a street riddled with doorbell cameras – at least seven on the family's block alone – and home security systems, including one that family electrician Arrjuna Jack, 30, said was also outfitted on Gaal’s house.

He said Klein, 53, worked from an office in the home and the house has separate door that leads either down to the basement or up to the kitchen. The basement consists of a laundry room and what was the kid’s playroom.

Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's home had separate basement entrance, family electrician says

This is confusing to me. Unless there is a second office elsewhere, based on the photos from OGs Facebook the office is at the front of the house adjacent to the living room, and the back door is the one that leads into the kitchen and perhaps the stairs to the basement.

F3CE456F-FBBA-4C24-9DBA-964F775D5DC8.jpeg 62A5EC66-1233-4D3E-BDF8-56D1CBC163B1.jpeg 7992C880-C7C6-4E66-A0EB-3A319AEC5FE6.jpeg B6E1D9A6-A117-4877-BD43-CAD3C4276FCB.jpeg

I'll do my best:

FRIDAY:
6:00PM - OG heads to Lincoln Center to meet friends for a show
11:00PM - OG returns home (seen by neighbor with her dog in back yard)
?:?? - OG spends 40 minutes at a nearby bar seemingly waiting for someone
?:?? - OG returns home again, either with the perp, or having met the perp at home in that timeframe

SATURDAY:
12:40AM - OG murdered on first floor and subsequently brought to basement
4:??AM - Perp leaves through side door with Bauer bag in tow
4:30AM - Perp seen pulling Bauer junior hockey bag containing body and carrying another object down 75th ave towards metropolitan ave
?:?? - Perp leaves bag behind on metropolitan ave
5:??AM - Perp sends text messages to HK threatening his family
8:??AM - A man walking his dogs (bloodhounds, conveniently enough) discovers the bag and the body inside

Per NY Post, it states she dose not go home and then back out to bar, but stops at the bar then home.

Slain Queens mom Orsolya Gaal sat alone at local bar before attack (nypost.com)
Married mom Orsolya Gaal sat alone at a Queens bar for 40 minutes — apparently waiting for someone — before she went home and was fatally stabbed and stuffed in a duffel bag, law-enforcement sources told The Post on Tuesday.

This is confusing to me. Unless there is a second office elsewhere, based on the photos from OGs Facebook the office is at the front of the house adjacent to the living room, and the back door is the one that leads into the kitchen and perhaps the stairs to the basement.

View attachment 340442 View attachment 340443 View attachment 340444 View attachment 340445
I think what's labelled office in the photo of OG in the living room is actually a French door off a front door foyer. There is only one large window and the front door on the front of the house. What's labelled back door is, I think, the side door off the driveway. The basement stairs likely run under the ones to second floor; there is a window over the door that is likely on a small landing where the stairs turn and continue up a few steps. On the back of the house, there is another French door and windows. Not sure where the office is as it looks like the floorplan is quite open and fairly small (roughly 1250 square feet on each floor).

So the article says the man she 'had affair' with "has knowledge of the family home and would not have needed to break in". So does that mean he knew there were certain doors/windows that either didn't lock, or were routinely left unlocked? Was there an entry code that he had been given? Just wondering. It would take a lot more than just knowledge of my home to be able to get in.
Cops investigating murder of Queens mother are looking for man she 'recently had an affair with' | Daily Mail Online

Per NY Post, it states she dose not go home and then back out to bar, but stops at the bar then home.

Yeah I've seen it stated a few different ways, now. ABC7, for instance, puts it this way: "The victim was out with female friends in Manhattan Friday night, while her husband was out of town with the couple's oldest son. She returned home, went to a local Forest Hills restaurant, was there alone, and either met her killer as she was leaving or when she was at home."

source: Investigation continues into Queens duffel bag murder mystery

So the article says the man she 'had affair' with "has knowledge of the family home and would not have needed to break in". So does that mean he knew there were certain doors/windows that either didn't lock, or were routinely left unlocked? Was there an entry code that he had been given? Just wondering. It would take a lot more than just knowledge of my home to be able to get in.
Cops investigating murder of Queens mother are looking for man she 'recently had an affair with' | Daily Mail Online
WHY would a married woman of 2 sons give ANY potential/actual lover an indication of where a house key is hidden? I just don't get that slant. Even if hubby was away on business frequently, the kids were home and you wouldn't want the other man just wandering in, right? Hoping the kids don't tell Dad what Mom is up to?

Gray maps it out starting at about 1:13:32

Yeah seeing this to see how far that is mapped out from her house to where her body was left at is a LONG way to walk before just realizing the bag was leaking and thinking "oh crap there is blood leaking". I honestly don't think the perp knew it was leaking.

I think what's labelled office in the photo of OG in the living room is actually a French door off a front door foyer. There is only one large window and the front door on the front of the house. What's labelled back door is, I think, the side door off the driveway. The basement stairs likely run under the ones to second floor; there is a window over the door that is likely on a small landing where the stairs turn and continue up a few steps. On the back of the house, there is another French door and windows. Not sure where the office is as it looks like the floorplan is quite open and fairly small (roughly 1250 square feet on each floor).
If you look at Streetview, the office will be first window on the side of house closest to front door. This house looks to have been pretty extensively remodelled at some point. Next to that is the side door--which has four panes of glass at top, like what seen in the photo with OG standing in front of stairs. Pretty sure the large upstairs window is primary bedroom and dormer one of the smaller bedrooms. Could be an ensuite bath, too, as there are apparently 4.5 bathrooms in the house. Think main as I describe, though, as the black piece of furniture (small piano?) and rug shown in living room pic of OG are seen behind the child in the office; I think that French door faces the foyer French door. Window off driveway to right in photo. IMO

I'm trying to figure out what could have been happening for 3 1/2 hrs with the son upstairs with a killer in the house? Very odd especially after the text that was sent.
I agree, but also realize when kids' game, they either have their headphones on or the sound is so loud that it drowns out all other noises. They are hyper focused on their game.

I truly don't think her son (upstairs) realized there was anything nefarious going on downstairs.

Do we know what time the text was sent to her husband? I'm just trying to catch up on this thread.

JMO

Wow, a handyman ex lover with a spare key to the house

Cops investigating murder of Queens mom hunt man she 'had affair with'

From the article above...

Police found her body in a duffel bag at 8.11am on Saturday less than half a mile from the property. They followed a trail of blood back to the house. No suspects have been named and the NYPD is refusing to answer questions about the ongoing investigation into her death.

But sources cited by the Post on Tuesday said detectives were focusing on a man who Gaal had an affair with recently.

The romance is said to have ended but it's unclear who broke it off. The man, according to the Post, has knowledge of the family home and would not have needed to break in.

So we have The DailyMail citing an unnamed source who talked to the NYPost. So many reputable sources, it must be true! Does this sound like the telephone game we played when we were kids? No wonder we can't get any verifiable information. That info may well be true, but I will take it at face value for now. JMO

I’ve given up on the media’s attempt to describe the layout of the home—this Daily Mail article has the front door labeled as the side door.
That IS the side door. Same red as front, but off the driveway. There are three doors total. The French door to backyard (also shown in article), the side door and the front door.

From the article above...

Police found her body in a duffel bag at 8.11am on Saturday less than half a mile from the property. They followed a trail of blood back to the house. No suspects have been named and the NYPD is refusing to answer questions about the ongoing investigation into her death.

But sources cited by the Post on Tuesday said detectives were focusing on a man who Gaal had an affair with recently.

The romance is said to have ended but it's unclear who broke it off. The man, according to the Post, has knowledge of the family home and would not have needed to break in.

So we have The DailyMail citing an unnamed source who talked to the NYPost. So many reputable sources, what could go wrong. Does this sound like the telephone game we played when we were kids? No wonder we can't get any verifiable information. That info may well be true, but I will take it at face value for now. JMO
As always I wonder why we get "more" info from UK sources than our own in the US. And yet they are a reputable source per WS. Why do authorities here speak to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper