NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the purpose of dragging the body outside was to make the body hide somewhere people cannot easily locate. However, that part was not successful which really appears to be confusing a lot of people. I highly doubt they moved the body out of home for the sake of the 13 year old.

One thing worth mentioning is that the bag she was in was already at the house. I find that interesting and a new tidbit.

"If you want to kill somebody, you try to make it a little cleaner, be a little more prepared. He didn’t go with something to move her body. He took something from the house."

Orsolya Gaal slay: Law enforcement sources explain why sloppy slaughter probably wasn’t planned

The handyman ex-lover wanted for questioning is an interesting development..

Apologies if this has been addressed previously, but how do LE know that the murder took place at 12.40am?

Based on the timeline kindly provided by mcmlxxix, here are the things I am wondering (and no accusation is intended at any point, I'd like to clarify):
1) Regardless of his location at the time of the murder, over a period of nearly 10 hours, the son must have left the room and removed his headphones. Even the most stalwart gamer goes foraging for food, drink, and/or a bathroom break.
2) When OG returned home the first time, did she check in with her son? My instinct would be to do that, but each family is different and we don't know the dynamics.
3) Did the house have a security system of any sort? Cameras, alarms? Not everyone has them (we don't), but it seems like the kind of neighborhood and the kind of family that would invest in such a thing.
4) How did OG get to town, return from town and then go to and from the bar? It's obvious she was still dressed to go out, but are the garments she was wearing what one would wear to the opera?
5) Was the bar on last call? Were there many other patrons, or was she one of few?
6) If the perp took the phone/purse, and the phone has been found, where is the purse?
7) Still wondering about the dog...did she let the dog out, and then peek in on her son, leave the dog with him?
8) If she was killed on the first floor and moved to the basement, even with noise-canceling headphones, wouldn't the dog react if it was in the room with the son? It seems like a breed of dog that would react rather insistently at sensing any disruption.

The whole thing seems clunky to me. The person on the video doesn't seem like a man she would have been having a relationship with; there is something gangly and slightly awkward about the walk...not just because of the bag (she doesn't seem to have been very heavy...), but something about a young person who still hasn't a firm grasp on their personal space?

MOO all of this. No accusations made at all. Just throwing questions out for chewing on if anyone wants them.
Something about the dog having no reaction doesn't sit right with me... do we know where the dog is at the time? Was the dog said to be locked in the room with the son?

I'm not sure why the killer spent all that time at the house after allegedly killing OG around 12:40. He may have just spent the time freaking out or coming down from the rage, and trying to figure out his next move after the murder. I just can't buy into the whole "cleaning up" thing as far as the house goes. I do not want to be too graphic, but with almost 60 stab wounds, there was a helluva lot of blood to clean up, pools of blood, and God only knows how much blood spatter was on the walls, furniture, ceiling, literally everywhere. It would not have taken him very long to realize he wasn't going to clean that up, plus, he would have gotten even more covered in blood, trying to clean it up, than he already surely was, just from the brutality of the kill. I do think he likely showered or washed himself as much as possible, and perhaps changed clothes before leaving the house, although if he did, my guess is the clothes he put on were not his. JMO

Last edited:
I read about this case yesterday and it's very disturbing. I don't understand the point of taking her body a few blocks from her home and dumping it in plain sight. All the perp had to do was disappear from her home and leave her there. This sounds like a very passionate killing to me. The stabbing and then rolling her through the dark streets at night to just dump her? Strange! I don't think it was random at all, I think the killer was emotionally connected to her, if she died just after midnight then what was he doing for three hours?
Oh my goodness. Despite the age differences this makes me think of Tristyn Bailey in Florida. Overkill with the stab wounds (114 for her). Strong fit women taken by surprise and killed. The killers took hours to leave the kill site.

Tristyn’s Killing was both organized (her killer brought the knife and had talked about killing in advance - he was organized enough to overcome her without major injury to himself though there were some defensive wounds on her, it was obviously a quick and shocking killing followed by an extra 50 + stab wounds — but disorganized- he had no real plan for afterward. Took hours to leave her body. Carried his shoes in plain sight of ring cameras up and down the cul de sac.

ETA seems like this perp caught her by surprise on the 1st floor (organized) but also disorganized- had no real follow through plan (didn’t bring duffle, used what was there, no real plan for exit or body or anything after the killing)

I’m several hours behind on this but killers who are a mix of organized and disorganized skew young statistically. Could be a teen like Tristyn’s killer. Or could be just a stunted man child.

jmo

Last edited:
Something about the dog having no reaction doesn't sit right with me... do we know where the dog is at the time? Was the dog said to be locked in the room with the son?

Just speculatingbut dog had been seen earlier Friday with OG in back yard. Maybe since there was travel to MI coming up, the dog was boarded? Not sure though.

Just speculatingbut dog had been seen earlier Friday with OG in back yard. Maybe since there was travel to MI coming up, the dog was boarded? Not sure though.
Maybe. I’ve wondered about that too. Would she board the dog? She seemed very attached like she’d get a dog friendly house in MI, but I have no idea.

IMO OG definitely went to the bar to meet someone. She'd been out all evening for 5 hrs w/friends. Don't believe she would have gone there just to take them back to her home when this person could go directly to the house. Don't believe she stopped by just for a drink. Probably could have done that at home. I think the person was a no show at the bar. Any calls or texts she made from the bar would have been an attempt to find out why this person didn't show, why late, or trying to locate them. May have said at some point...ok, I'm headed home, tired of waiting.
If this person was at the home lying in wait & the bar meetup was just a ruse, then IMO the murder was planned.
But I tend to speculate whatever was going on in regards to the bar was not related to the murder.
Also speculating when she returned home from the bar she 'walked in' on something but can't wrap my head around what that could have been. Perhaps someone knew she went to the bar & that meant she probably would not be back home for several hrs-or possibly all night compared to 40-55 minutes.
IMO she was taken from the house after the murder to 'separate' her from the son. The son couldn't leave the house after the murder because that might make him look involved. OG couldn't stay because that would make it appear the son could be involved.
I don't think the son killed her.
But at 1st glance of the person walking down the street w/her in the bag..my opinion was a young person in leggings, shorts, sweatshirt w/a backpack. Almost looks like a helmet & skateboard under the arm. But I haven't seen the video yet.
This is pure speculation & JMO.

Whoever killed Orsolya Gaal had a lot of pent up anger. If someone is stabbed that many times, the killer usually has a deep seated anger issues. That is how Jodi Arias and Elliot Rodger killed their victims. The killer is most likely an injustice collector/grudge hoarder.

<snipped by me>

2. Clean-up is the only thing I can think of. This doesn't look like something planned at all. Police don't think this was a pre-meditated murder, and the killing itself indicates a crime of extreme passion. It's also been reported that the body was moved to the basement. If the perp were thinking clearly, he would have realized that getting the bag from the basement and bringing it upstairs would mean only having to pull the bag down the front steps, instead of up the basement steps. I'm thinking there was a lot of frantic, somewhat fruitless attempts to clean up.<snipped>.

According to this article (Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's home had separate basement entrance, family electrician says), the basement has a separate entrance. I’m guessing the perp was aware of this, which is why the body was taken downstairs. The thought process must have been to take the body downstairs so as to clean the upstairs, and then remove the body from the basement via a separate set of stairs, thereby evading detection. I’m guessing that the perp didn’t anticipate that the bag would leak..

I wonder if what the perp is seen carrying in his other hand in the surveillance videos (aside from the bag) could be the murder weapon and bloodied clothes? I’m assuming he changed clothes after the murder to avoid detection.

All my opinion only. The friends I have with dogs like her dog Teddy, rarely to never board them. They take them with them or they have a dog sitter come stay at the house. It's a stretch to even take them to a close friend's home to watch them for a few days.
IMO this dog was a member of the family in her eyes. Her "fur child" so to speak.
My guess is when mom left, the dog would be beside the boy in his room playing video games or whatever he liked to do.
She very well may have boarded the dog, but in my experience, on holiday weekends like this, the dog would need to be dropped off by end of business on Thursday as the vets would be closed for the holidays Friday- Sunday and pick up would be available on Monday. The neighbor heard her and the dog outside on Friday.
Obviously I'm in Ga not New York so, I have no idea.
My gut says the dog is ok, because the son is and that they were together in the home.
MOO
ETA: I see a report dog was with a neighbor.

<snip> <BBM>

NYPD sources told The Post on Tuesday that detectives had asked the Queens District Attorney’s Office for a search warrant shortly after tracing the blood back to Gaal’s house Saturday morning.

But investigators weren’t given the warrant till early evening, costing them valuable time in gathering evidence, sources said.

The DA’s office did not immediately respond to a Post request for comment.

Ex-handyman lover sought by cops in NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's slaying: sources

The handyman ex-lover wanted for questioning is an interesting development..

Apologies if this has been addressed previously, but how do LE know that the murder took place at 12.40am?
I imagine that 1240 am is the time of death assigned by the coroner. Most likely determined by things like core body temperature, pooling of blood and rigor mortis or lack there of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*