GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SBM. IMO the police has their text exchanges that show the nature and timing of their involvement. The information is definitely not coming just from him. She had friends she likely confided in.

And OG's husband may have provided additional information. He probably knew about the past relationship between OG and DB, but may have thought that it was over. JMO.

The link up above says they weren't family. Also they didn't seem to come with a uhaul. A few suitcase etc. were taken.

Flowers are a little baffling.

I wonder if it was a combination of family members or friends, and a member or two of his legal team. I did see that the individuals responded "no" to the question they were asked by the press if they were family members. Maybe they didn't want to admit it, to stay out of the media.

The link up above says they weren't family. Also they didn't seem to come with a uhaul. A few suitcase etc. were taken.

If the people involved in removing things from his apartment included members of his legal team, or even if it included members of his family, DB may have requested certain personal items. Maybe even the flowers.

One of the key pieces of evidence will be the boots he was wearing when he murdered her. In the video of him approaching his home, his clothing is stripped down. He's not wearing boots, nor is he any longer carrying anything. So, did he discard the bloody boots on his way home (like his jacket, etc), and return at another time to retrieve the boots and then, place them in his own trash can?

Also, why didn't NYPD remove them directly from his trash can, rather than wait until sanitation put his trash into their truck? I thought once items are discarded in one's trash, that's it. LE is entitled to use what they find as evidence against you.

I suppose they are not taking Any chance of this key piece of evidence being thrown out which is the way to go if he goes to trial

I wonder if it was a combination of family members or friends, and a member or two of his legal team. I did see that the individuals responded "no" to the question they were asked by the press if they were family members. Maybe they didn't want to admit it, to stay out of the media.

^^BBM

I hadn't thought of that, but that's possible. An employee of the defense team's office may have accompanied the others. They know there are reporters/photographers lurking around his place, and would not want to enter alone. I sure wouldn't

I tend to agree with this assessment. DB seems to be estranged from any potential local family. A look at his FB shows other family that he interacted with on there - but they are all based out of Mexico. IMO, the people removing the belongings are most likely to be roommates.

He may be estranged from them, but although I have seen conflicting reports, according to LE, he has a wife and two kids living in Queens. If so, at least some of the things taken from his residence could belong to the kids, who may still have been part of his life, as far as we know. One of the bags, the black and red one, has the colors of Disney/Mickey Mouse. We do not know how old his kids are, and we rightfully cannot sleuth them, so who knows... JMO

From the article linked below...Bonola — whose estranged wife and children also live in Queens, according to police sources

Who is Orsolya Gaal's accused killer David Bonola? (nypost.com)

Last edited:
I don't think there was a "new man," just think that they might have had some mutual acquaintances, and she may have been just texting a friend, who happens to be male. He might know some of her friends due to the work he did in her neighborhood, so they may have had some contacts in common.
To me, that looks like the kind of wreath that’s placed on someone’s casket when they pass away.
Is the wife estranged and living in Queens? Or did she really die?
If so, could this be the wreath from her funeral and thus, sentimental for him?

One of the key pieces of evidence will be the boots he was wearing when he murdered her. In the video of him approaching his home, his clothing is stripped down. He's not wearing boots, nor is he any longer carrying anything. So, did he discard the bloody boots on his way home (like his jacket, etc), and return at another time to retrieve the boots and then, place them in his own trash can?

Also, why didn't NYPD remove them directly from his trash can, rather than wait until sanitation put his trash into their truck? I thought once items are discarded in one's trash, that's it. LE is entitled to use what they find as evidence against you.

I suppose they are not taking Any chance of this key piece of evidence being thrown out which is the way to go if he goes to trial
Did they seize his trash before he was arrested? Perhaps they didn't want to alert him.

I'll have to say that the height thing was never a factor to me when all we had was the grainy videotape of someone dragging the bag.

I'm 5' nothing, but I'm a woman. However, in a quarter of a century teaching 8th graders, I've had students that were shorter than me (desperately awaiting their growth spurt if they were boys) and students over 6' tall.

<modsnip>

What's a little more bewildering to me is that Bonola needs a Spanish translator. He's been in America for 21 years. He definitely knows enough English or he would have more trouble picking up handyman work as he would be expected to follow directions as to what's needed.
He could have been part of a work crew that is common around here...the contractor knows what needs to be done and someone translates to the work crew. But that is usually with new immigrants who know no English and are looking for work.

He was able to curse in English at the media in response to questions shouted in English.

I'm assuming that since this is a legal situation, he's being given the chance for an interpreter just because it will be easier for him to revert to his native language and the lawyers on both sides will want nothing to be misunderstood by him.

Jmo
I'm sure he speaks and understands english just fine, maybe not so great when it comes to legal, specific stuff, and he has a right to be able to understand what is going on and have a fair trial.

Wondering if those people were from the Defense sent to get pertinent items. They certainly were bundled up with hoods tied tight. Coats appearing too heavy for the weather. Posible the flowers were artifical. Perhaps she brought them to his apartment ? My total specualtion is that any activity between them happened mostly at his place - easy to stop by while on a run. IMO ETA -Alternatively the people really were friends/family and did not their pictures/identities in every tabloid. I don't think that family members would readily own up to who they were at this point in time. IMO

I'm sure he speaks and understands english just fine, maybe not so great when it comes to legal, specific stuff, and he has a right to be able to understand what is going on and have a fair trial.
From what I've seen on various social media forums, he speaks in Spanish frequently and when he'd type in English, it sounds/reads broken to me. Completely agree.

Orsolya Gaal’s alleged killer David Bonola hit NYC Chipotle before arrest — NY Post
<snipped & BBM>
A day knifing a Queens mom more than 60 times and shoving her body into a duffel bag, accused killer David Bonola was at one of his usual Forest Hills haunts, a worker told The Post.

Bonola, 44, casually visited the Chipotle on Austin Street on April 20, where an employee said he was as “friendly” as ever.

“He was right here,” the worker said of Bonola, gesturing towards the register. “I think he wanted the bathroom code and a water cup.”

I was like, ‘Hey, where have you been? I haven’t seen you in a while.’ He was like I’ve been here and there and whatever. He wanted the bathroom code and a water cup and he left. He was no different than when I saw him [the last time].”

[…]

He would talk about his personal life, like his mom,” the manager said. “He gave my friend his personal guitar pick. He would write his music. He was a regular. It’s pretty unexpected that it would happen.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back