GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of course I defer to LE in the claim that these two were in an on-off relationship. But perhaps other neighbors gave them that information. But I wonder if this killer isn’t the original source to those witnesses…spreading his fantasies around to others.

I still have my doubts…and they have nothing to do with his income level, immigration status , his looks, or status in life. They are instead based on reports that show him to be extremely socially awkward to a very disturbing degree. He seems to be unable to distinguish what is flirtation from ordinary politeness. He seems to see romantic opportunities everywhere and have no filter in his behavior. He seemingly cannot discern when his overtures are repulsing the women to whom they are directed.

Something is very OFF here and very obvious apparently to others….like the baristas.

Yet we are to believe the victim saw none of these red flags? That, of all people, she would risk her marriage and family with for sex with someone with such troubling behaviors?

Im inclined to believe that he was her on-off employee that fantasized about her and bragged about these fantasies to others. I think she was kind, perhaps flattered, and he did good work, and she had no idea how he was spreading romantic fiction to others. He may have come distressed to the house about being terminated and she thought she could handle the situation.

Just my opinion as always.

IMO they had a relationship in that he was their handyman, and its been confirmed that they had a relationship beyond that in some form over a period of time. The criteria women (or anyone really) uses to say find a long term partner, husband/wife etc may and probably would be very different to the criteria used for acting on an opportunity to have a different type of relationship, like an affair, fling, etc. And this could be a conscious or unconscious process, and some are more aware of what motivates their decisions than others. It's also likely to be different criteria to what others may use because we are all unique. And we don't know the dynamics of her marriage and what was openly discussed and agreed upon, what the limits of their relationship were.

Orsolya may have been seeking to fill an emotional need, she may have been looking for something/someone to boost her self esteem, she may have liked the relationship dynamic of being with someone different to her, she may have wanted to explore physical needs or fantasies, she may have liked the excitement, they may have connected in a way that others may not have understood or had a genuine bond through similar experiences, thoughts or emotions (whether it was a real bond or 'created out of fantasy' by one or both of them). The reality is red flags may not mean much in the moment if the needs that are fulfilled outweigh them, and that can apply to anyone. Sometimes the risk is there, and sometimes the risk is actually part of the motivation to continue the connection.

Orsolya may also have missed some of the red flags, or how others saw him was not how she saw him when they interacted. I just think there's nothing particularly strange or odd about what we know so far - it's human interaction and it has had a devastating outcome.

Just curious if anybody knows what kind of car that is ?

It is either a Rav4 (what I think it is), or a Highlander or Corolla Cross. It is definitely a newer model Toyota SUV. I'm not sure, but I think it's probably an Uber vehicle, bc there appears to be some type of sign or sticker on the upper windshield on the passenger side. JMO

Last edited:
I just looked again at the video of the family removing his belongings from his apartment. Looks like the flowers they are carrying are a bouquet still in paper, not in a vase of water, from what I see, although the video plays fast so I might be wrong. So who sent him the flowers? He has been incarcerated since early Thursday morning, that is three days. Did someone send him flowers after he was arrested?

Did DB share the house with family members or someone else? Did he live alone? I wonder if he shared a place the people he lived with wanted to get out because of the press or perhaps they are not in the country legally. They just needed to get out. And do we know they were taking his things? I would assume his place has already been gone through by the police.

Orsolya Gaal’s alleged killer David Bonola hit NYC Chipotle before arrest — NY Post
<snipped & BBM>
A day knifing a Queens mom more than 60 times and shoving her body into a duffel bag, accused killer David Bonola was at one of his usual Forest Hills haunts, a worker told The Post.

Bonola, 44, casually visited the Chipotle on Austin Street on April 20, where an employee said he was as “friendly” as ever.

“He was right here,” the worker said of Bonola, gesturing towards the register. “I think he wanted the bathroom code and a water cup.”

I was like, ‘Hey, where have you been? I haven’t seen you in a while.’ He was like I’ve been here and there and whatever. He wanted the bathroom code and a water cup and he left. He was no different than when I saw him [the last time].”

[…]

He would talk about his personal life, like his mom,” the manager said. “He gave my friend his personal guitar pick. He would write his music. He was a regular. It’s pretty unexpected that it would happen.”

From your link above...

He would talk about his personal life, like his mom,” the manager said. “He gave my friend his personal guitar pick. He would write his music. He was a regular. It’s pretty unexpected that it would happen.”

Clearly, LE must have arrested an innocent man. DB gave a friend of a Chipotle manager his personal guitar pick. I wonder if he autographed it. That tidbit was certainly newsworthy. Smh. JMO

Last edited:
Is there a possibility that:
He got enraged because:
1. The break up was final
2. She showed him the note on the fridge
3. She may have told him that she would report his status
4. Loss of a lucreative income

My thoughts are that #1 is most likely the reason, though it could have been a combination of any or all of them. We may never know. He may have seen the note on the fridge without her specifically showing it to him, and that could have precipitated or added to his rage. I do doubt that she would have threatened to report his status though. I just don't believe that threat would push someone over the edge that has been in this country for almost half his life, even if they are here illegally, which she may or may not have known. JMO

If he saw the ‘Get New Handyman’ note on the fridge, would he have thought of disposing of it? True, this was a very poorly thought-out crime, but he did send those two red-herring texts, so he was capable of thinking about diverting attention away from himself.

The article says he slashed her throat and THEN stabbed her. (BBM). It sounds like the throat injury happened first. So did all the defensive wounds on her hands happen at that point? I can't imagine how she could fight much after that.

Chilling pics show trail of blood from bag handyman 'used to dump mom's body'

There’s a quote in that article that jumped out at me:

Bonola allegedly casually described to cops how, in a fit of rage, he grabbed a knife and slashed Gaal's throat, stabbing her over and over again across the left side of her body.

I wonder if that’s why his left hand is most cut up. Facing OG, he may have caught and held her to his right side as she collapsed so his right hand wasn’t as damaged. JMO.

Also from the article is the photo. I noticed some rubbish bags in the background, maybe he thought it wouldn’t look so out of place. Possibly hadn’t noticed the blood seeping out at that point due to the darkness. Or he may even have stopped near the streetlight to adjust his bandaged hand and that’s when he noticed the blood, panicked and just dropped it there and took off.

57E8464B-BDBD-4740-9EDF-3628CC67ED2E.jpeg

"Four people, including a woman and two men, were seen bringing out three suitcases, two backpacks, a floral arrangement and a plastic bag stuffed with belongings out of Bonola’s Queens home around 9:30 a.m."

"When the group was asked if they were related to Bonola — who was arrested Wednesday for allegedly butchering Forest Hills mom Orsolya Gaal and then stuffing her corpse in a duffel bag — one of the men grunted, “No” and declined further comment."

There is a bit more info in the link.

David Bonola family possibly removed belongings from his home

Could just be the people who own or lease the property.... they probably need the rental income. Removing his things allows them to clean it up and re-lease it. Imagine if you have a property and now it is infamous as the place the killer lived. Wonder what the space was like---clean, cluttered, dirty, shared with others.....?

There’s a quote in that article that jumped out at me:

Bonola allegedly casually described to cops how, in a fit of rage, he grabbed a knife and slashed Gaal's throat, stabbing her over and over again across the left side of her body.

I wonder if that’s why his left hand is most cut up. Facing OG, he may have caught and held her to his right side as she collapsed so his right hand wasn’t as damaged. JMO.

View attachment 341019

If he slashed her throat first, she would be unable to scream in all likelihood.

Definitely odd! How could he have known about other text? Kind of ironic that he would be ticked about her talking to other men (if she was).
DB had like 3 hours after killing victim to read victim's texts after he killed victim. If DB and victim were having affair relationship issues, why would the spare key still be kept in same spot? Also, I think the timing of DB arriving 10 after victim returned home is odd to me. Victim drinking alone at bar for like 40 mins- I wonder if victim sent DB a breakup text while at bar that triggered DB to show up at house. I still find it odd that fight would start in basement but kitchen steak knife (which did not seem to be kept in basement) would be used as murder weapon. Victim seemed to already have an Electrician-Painter-Power Washer "Handyman" so why the need to post on family fridge to find a new handyman. My guess is DB wrote the note. It is sickening that the (ex) lover was in the house at same time as 13 year old son. Thank goodness he was not stabbed as well.

I am wondering if OG was with DB the night she “disappeared” on May 29th 2020. It was reported by the husband that OG had left for a walk around midnight and when he awoke she was not home and called 911. He later reported she had been found in Jamaica, Queens just south of Forest Hills. Not sure how OG was found and how they knew she was in Jamaica and where. Find My Phone, Call tracer, DBs home, Hotel, other? Was it a Friday night as well? DB lived in Richmond Hill the neighborhood adjacent to Jamaica. Maybe that’s how police knew the two had a two year intimate relationship. Also, not sure it’s a coincidence but the handyman electrician lives and works in Jamaica as well. Wonder if he knows DB or if he was the “new” handyman?
The May 2020 timeframe was when DB was responding to victim's fb posts, so sounds like that was a possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals
Back