GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So disturbing to think about what he was doing in the house for four hours after the murder. I don't believe for one second that he moved the body to keep her son from seeing it. His sole purpose was to protect himself from being caught.

Bonola was known to do repair work around Gaal's house, most notably on the air conditioner, servicing it many times, the official said. The suspect lived alone, but is believed to be separated from his wife and has children.

Handyman arrested in death of 51-year-old Queens woman

BBM. How often does an air conditioner need servicing? This source also claims that he lived alone.

Bonola is separated from his wife and was, like his victim, a parent to two children, said Essig. Sources said Bonola had a pair of previous arrests, both sealed.

Ex-lover of Queens mom confessed to her killing, police say

I wonder what he was previously arrested for.

Bonola was known to do repair work around Gaal's house, most notably on the air conditioner, servicing it many times, the official said. The suspect lived alone, but is believed to be separated from his wife and has children.

BBM. How often does an air conditioner need servicing? This source also claims that he lived alone.

Bonola is separated from his wife and was, like his victim, a parent to two children, said Essig. Sources said Bonola had a pair of previous arrests, both sealed.

Interesting that he indeed has a previous arrest record. I strongly suspect previous incidents of domestic violence with him. JMO

Good to see links to non-tabloid MSM. :) With all due respect, I'd love to see more articles from non-tabloid sources. I feel like the "facts" found in tabloids can really skew the conversation away from true facts like those that are LE sourced. Are they fun to read? Yeah, but it's good to take their 'sensationalism' with a grain of salt or it muddies the water. JMO :)

I don’t know that area, perhaps there is a lack of available licensed/insured HVAC service providers? I wouldn’t call a handyman to repair my HVAC or install a new system.

Does he even have a work truck? Or does he carry tools on his bicycle.

Servicing is usually done in the spring (preseason) to check that the AC unit is in good working condition for the summer heat. They tend to stop working on the hottest day of the year.

Clean coils, flush out drain line, check freon levels, check compressor, amp draw on motor, thermostat operation, etc.

Maybe all he did was change air filters.
JMO

The victim shaming I’ve seen with Orsolya’s murder unfortunately isn’t surprising but it’s definitely disgusting and I’m having real difficulty dealing with the way that this case has been handled thus far. We have all followed enough true crime cases to know how badly stories get botched in the first few weeks of a sensationalized investigation. Just a few days ago, people were insisting that her innocent sons were to blame, based solely on erroneous opinions. Now I’m supposed to believe that the victim brought her death upon herself by engaging in an alleged 2 year “affair” but I call BS on that too. It is in the killer’s best interest to implicate her but it is more probable than not that he is lying.

First, this is still a DEVELOPING story because the only story we have to go with is that of a knife wielding stalker, claiming to be a jilted lover. However, it has been confirmed that David Bonola is known to several other women for repeatedly making unwanted advances, to the extent that the cops have had to be called more than once. (NY Daily News) He made some comments on her FB page that she “liked” but so what? Is that supposed to be proof of a 2 year relationship?

I would also like to add that the NYPD isn’t infallible, and conflicting stories coming from them aren’t helping anything. One officer says that the victim unwittingly let her killer into the house, while another officer has stated that he let himself in with a key found in her barbecue. So which is it? Because it does make a difference.

This story is being covered mostly by tabloid journals like the NY Post and papers like it that make their money in being gossip rags. Just try googling “Orsolya Gaal/NYTimes and see what you get. NOTHING. The NY Times won’t touch this story though this murder happened in Queens. That is because what we know so far isn’t fit to print.

Maybe Gaal did at one point have something to do with Bonola, but I highly doubt it is anything akin to the incendiary scenario that had been painted. I don’t know what really went on, but I do know that the general public don’t know either. In the meantime,victim shaming isn’t a good look and speculation is very different than malicious character attacks.

acknowledging that fact that she was unfaithful is not victim shaming. The police have her phone and by now they have his phone most likely. I'm sure they have talked to her poor husband and her children. Maybe even the girlsl she was with that night....was it ever confirmed she did indeed go to a show

The victim shaming I’ve seen with Orsolya’s murder unfortunately isn’t surprising but it’s definitely disgusting and I’m having real difficulty dealing with the way that this case has been handled thus far. We have all followed enough true crime cases to know how badly stories get botched in the first few weeks of a sensationalized investigation. Just a few days ago, people were insisting that her innocent sons were to blame, based solely on erroneous opinions. Now I’m supposed to believe that the victim brought her death upon herself by engaging in an alleged 2 year “affair” but I call BS on that too. It is in the killer’s best interest to implicate her but it is more probable than not that he is lying.

First, this is still a DEVELOPING story because the only story we have to go with is that of a knife wielding stalker, claiming to be a jilted lover. However, it has been confirmed that David Bonola is known to several other women for repeatedly making unwanted advances, to the extent that the cops have had to be called more than once. (NY Daily News) He made some comments on her FB page that she “liked” but so what? Is that supposed to be proof of a 2 year relationship?

I would also like to add that the NYPD isn’t infallible, and conflicting stories coming from them aren’t helping anything. One officer says that the victim unwittingly let her killer into the house, while another officer has stated that he let himself in with a key found in her barbecue. So which is it? Because it does make a difference.

This story is being covered mostly by tabloid journals like the NY Post and papers like it that make their money in being gossip rags. Just try googling “Orsolya Gaal/NYTimes and see what you get. NOTHING. The NY Times won’t touch this story though this murder happened in Queens. That is because what we know so far isn’t fit to print.

Maybe Gaal did at one point have something to do with Bonola, but I highly doubt it is anything akin to the incendiary scenario that had been painted. I don’t know what really went on, but I do know that the general public don’t know either. In the meantime,victim shaming isn’t a good look and speculation is very different than malicious character attacks.
The confirmation of the two-year affair came directly from the police press conference (no tabloid media involved):

acknowledging that fact that she was unfaithful is not victim shaming. The police have her phone and by now they have his phone most likely. I'm sure they have talked to her poor husband and her children. Maybe even the girlsl she was with that night....was it ever confirmed she did indeed go to a show

Yes. The NYPD stated during their press conference that (BBM) "on Friday night, April 15th, Ms. Gaal attends a show at Lincoln Center. She takes the train back to her neighborhood in Forest Hills. At 11:20pm, she stops at a local establishment for a short while before returning home. We believe she returns home at 12:20am."

Last edited:

IMO there's been no victim shaming of Orsolya here at WS. I'm not on social media so I don't know what is being said out there. I know it's crazy in places, which is why I choose not to engage with it.

I agree that our NYPD is not infallible, but I disagree that the "only story" they have is Bonola's word. I know a lot of NY cops, and am related to two NYC detectives. Not one, from the day they graduate from the Police Academy until the day they retire, would accept as gospel the word of a criminal. I'm confident that they have digital information such as texts, emails etc., and perhaps video evidence of the unfortunate last encounter, that has led them to state there was an off-and-on relationship for two years. It's also possible that this poor family knew about it, and perhaps some friends, and they related this to the police.

The police were mistaken when they handcuffed the 13-year old, but at that point all they had was a body and a blood trail leading to the home, in which they found one person, so they took him in because they didn't yet know if he was a threat.

The NY Times is published here in NYC, but is not truly a local paper. You've given attribution to the NY Daily News regarding Bonola's harassment of other women. That newspaper is a tabloid, the same as the NY Post, which you scorn as unreliable. However, you state Bonolas's unwanted advances on women as "confirmed," citing the NY Daily News.

I recall one poster here who pretty much slammed Orsolya for the affair leading to her murder, and quite a few who believed it was definitely the son, but the mods will always shut that down and reiterate that no one is to be blamed until LE informs us of the suspect.

My issue with Orsolya having an affair is not that she brought her own murder on herself. Not at all. My issue with it is only as it adds any more pain to her husband and sons, which they now cannot talk to her about and get healing and closure.

She did not merit being annihilated by this man. No matter if it was a one-time frolic or if they thought they were in love.

However, we must face that the truth is true. I pray for her family to find peace somehow.

Last edited:
From Several reports, appears that there was no show on that night. If so what did she do before the trip to the bar?

....The NY Times is published here in NYC, but is not truly a local paper. You've given attribution to the NY Daily News regarding Bonola's harassment of other women. That newspaper is a tabloid, the same as the NY Post, which you scorn as unreliable. However, you state Bonolas's unwanted advances on women as "confirmed," citing the NY Daily News....

Succinct and absolutely correct. I wish this could be carved in stone someplace.

wow there was no show with the girlfriends? Any idea about what time she left the kid alone at home? There are reports there is cameras at the house so I'm sure the police know what she was doing all evening. Could there be a possibility she was with another lover and Bonala found it out and went over to have it out with her once and for all. I know she sat at a bar alone for it seems like 45 minutes but it was late nightish. Where could she have been if she left home with the story that she was going to a show? Wonder what time shows usually start I'm interested in knowing what time she left her home that evening and where she was if indeed the show with girlfriends never happened

From Several reports, appears that there was no show on that night. If so what did she do before the trip to the bar?

Lincoln Center is a big arts complex containing over two dozen possible venues. When New Yorkers say they're going to a performance at Lincoln Center, they could be in any of them. Or not.

I also read someplace that Orsolya said she was going to The Marriage of Figaro at LC, but then it was found that the Metropolitan Opera was dark that night. We may eventually know the real story.

Lincoln Center is a big arts complex containing over two dozen possible venues. When New Yorkers say they're going to a performance at Lincoln Center, they could be in any of them. Or not.

I also read someplace that Orsolya said she was going to The Marriage of Figaro at LC, but then it was found that the Metropolitan Opera was dark that night. We may eventually know the real story.

Early on, a neighbor told detectives that OG told her that she was going to the opera at LC, but obviously she was wrong about her seeing an opera.

It's been widely reported since then, included by the NYPD Chief of Detectives at the presser, that OG went with girlfriends to a show (unnamed) at Lincoln Center before returning to Forest Hills.

<snip> The NYPD supervisor said that a neighbor told detectives Gaal headed into Manhattan around 6 p.m. Friday evening, saying she was going to see the opera. She had attended the opera at Lincoln Center in the past and police were able to place her in the vicinity on Friday. But police were not able to establish immediately that she attended that night’s performance of Mozart’s Le Nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro).

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag

The confirmation of the two-year affair came directly from the police press conference (no tabloid media involved):

They have given us a few very shoddy sources for confirming an ongoing 2 year affair. You can’t prove anything like that based on a couple of Facebook comments that she “liked”when her killer has been known to bother several other women too. We hardly know that she reciprocated his affections.

The cops also said that she was texting “several men” to imply that she was probably scouting for male company while her husband was out of town but should you look on my phone now, <modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:

THIS!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back