GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in a similar type neighborhood in the northeast, just outside a major city in a different state. I have an old house and have had many handyman types over the years. Their current going rate ( if you can find one available) is $100-150/hr and you pay the full hour rate for any portion of that hr. I try to fix a lot of things myself via youtube tutorials!

Here in NYC when my air conditioner broke down during a heat wave, I had to pay the guy who delivered it $100 to install it. It took ten minutes. He knew I wouldn't say no because it was sweltering.

In my co-op, the handymen, painters, plumbers etc. are on staff and their union pays them decently with good benefits. We don't pay them for services rendered because it's part of the charges we pay monthly.

HOWEVER! We always tip them, for one thing, and when you multiply that by how many jobs they do, that's lots of money off the books.

ALSO--those of us who aren't DIYers also pay them when they're off shift for any little thing we need..the workers refer to them as side jobs...and again that's off the books. Move a couch, wash the windows, whatever it is. I'll estimate that there are 10,000 people in my complex and the next complex over. Plenty of money to be made.

They're not college graduates but they have skills that I don't. Those skills are marketable, too.

So really, IMO, it's unfair to demean these guys and wonder how they can afford to buy flowers or whatever. The problem here is not that the guy is not Harvard Law, the problem is that he slaughtered a woman.

Period.

Jmo

Unless someone can confirm any intimate relationship I’m inclined to think he is making it up just so he can portray a fantasy that he is a desired catch. He has real issues based on his coffee shop behavior. Anyone acting like that isn’t going to score many sincere relationships.

He most likely was doing the same thing to Gaal and was angry that she wasn’t interested.

I’d like to know if she ever responded to his comments on FB.
she hearted them. LE has specifically said there was an on and off 2 year affair.

Question for fellow WSers. I seem to recall that "the handyman" visited the scene a day or so later to express his regards to OGs husband since he had "heard the news". I can't seem to find the article anywhere so thought I'd ask... does anyone remember this? I'd love the MSM if you have it available. I don't think I imagined this. TIA
I remember this. But it wasn't David Bonola, it was the "family electrician" AJ.

Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's home had separate basement entrance, family electrician says

david-bonola-pol-jef-220422_1650642117827_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Mom dumped in son's hockey bag had throat slashed, asked suspect to leave multiple times - ABC News (go.com)
''The New York City mother of two whose body was found inside a duffel bag had asked her alleged killer to leave her house "multiple times" before she was stabbed to death, according to prosecutors.

The suspect, handyman David Bonola, was arrested early Thursday, days after he allegedly stabbed Orsolya Gaal over 50 times, slashed her throat and dumped her body in her son's hockey bag, the NYPD said.''

"Two boys are left without a mother and a young teenager faces the added trauma of being home when this heinous murder took place," Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said.''

''He was placed on suicide watch at the request of his defense attorney and is due back in court next week.''

I wonder if Orsolya took him to the basement to talk so they did not wake up her son. She probably was worried Bonola would hurt him or there would be a confrontation. It is heartbreaking for the family but especially sad for the two boys. A young man and his father looking at colleges turns into a nightmare and a 13 year sound asleep while his mom is brutally murdered. It just breaks my heart for the kids who lost their mom in such a horrible way. How does one recover?

I don't think rage was a factor to kill. It was premediated to some level. There has to be a darker side of him. Now LE has to factor whether he committed more murders through his 21+ years.

He has no remorse and tries to portray his actions were not wrong. From his FB friends list, he does try to befriend foreign women or women who want to help others.

You have to wonder how he pays his bills, how much free time he has and what he does in the free time. He definitely has some life plan - may be convince a rich woman to marry him and kill the husband or some sorta (IMO)
hes an HVAC tech / stationary engineer. they make ok money.

he probably pays his bills with money he earns as a handyman. Handymen can make great money, especially in a place like NY where tradesman and contractors are frankly too busy to deal with homeowners “honey do” lists.

I hate that it could be coming across like I’ve been defending a murderer, but some of the misconceptions and negative comments about this creep are really bothersome to me. Imo hate him because he brutally murdered a mother while her son was upstairs and left her kids without a mom, not because of his blue collar profession and the way he looks. Jmo

this comment isn’t directed at you, I’m just speaking in general
ive been feeling the same.

I’m curious who else in the neighborhood used DB to service their heating and air conditioning system/unit.

Has anyone found any social media for him advertising “handyman” services?

I’d like to see a picture of his DL.

Starbucks on a regular basis, plus red roses, rent, plus a wife and two kids to support supposedly - he’s bringing in that kind of income?
JMO
idk man i also live ina high cost area and am very blue collar and am able to do all of those things. maybe his wife / ex wife has a job?

Something seems a little off by these affair claims. Based off what occurred with the Starbucks employees and the fact he openly commented on her FB page. I've seen this before guys commenting on women's posts, pics that they don't really know or know offhandedly.
LE has stated multiple times that they did. it is why they were looking to speak to him.

Orsolya Gaal murder suspect David Bonola is in the US illegally, law enforcement sources say - FOX News
<snipped>
Bonola moved to the United States from Mexico 21 years ago, police officials said Thursday. They would not comment regarding the 44-year-old's immigration status at the time. But two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the matter told Fox News Digital that Bonola was in the country in violation of immigration law. Details of whether he entered the U.S. legally were not immediately available.

Meanwhile, a representative for Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz's office told Fox News Digital she was unaware of Bonola's immigration status on Friday afternoon.
personally dont care about his immigration status. multiple homegrown citizens do this every day.

I can't speak for all states but in mine, yes, they can. We have a homeless guy that loves to sit and sip his Starbucks espresso in those tiny demitasse cups. He is also a PITA. He's been known to harass customers from just bugging them (nothing serious) to being obnoxious. He was recently thrown out for harassing customers, and banned permanently from my local Starbucks for sleeping on the patio, after being asked not to, and going on a tirade against the staff at 5am for asking him again not to. Not sure any laws were broken there, but if someone is driving off customers, and/or staff/customers feels at risk, then they apparently can.
thats trespassing actually. i work for the state and there have been several mentally ill transients who have RO's from state premises for not leaving and displaying aggressive behavior. DB's behavior just seems more annoying that aggressive tho so in his case idk.

I did wonder about the hearting of posts by DB on Orsolya’s FB. If she and her husband were FB friends, that would show up in husband’s feed-one would think he would find it odd that the handyman was hearting stuff. Even if they weren’t friends, her page was public so husband would see that. Maybe the affair was not a surprise. Or maybe there was a separation at some point. I did see husband thanking OG on her FB, which I thought was a bit off. Waiting to hear if others used DB as a handyman, and what their impressions were.

Maybe it’s just me, but Orsolya does not seem to be truly happy in this photo? I thought her smile seemed to be forced? Her husband has a big cheesy grin, the youngest is smiling, and the oldest is smiling with his eyes.

she was not smiling and IMHO she looked unhappy She never wore a wedding ring and most women love to show off their diamonds ... well, I do and lots of my friends are always updating their wedding rings and showing them off. Maybe NY is too mean to wear nice jewelry

I have a note on my frig now that says
"find a new plumber". I better be careful if old plumber comes in here for some reason.;)
Body of Orsolya Gaal found stuffed inside duffle bag in Queens, police say

As CBS2's Kiran Dhillon reported, police said a trail of blood from the duffle bag led them to a house on Juno Street, where neighbors said Gaal lived.

Thread #1
Thread #2
The duffel bag had vent areas since it was a hockey bag that helped air out hockey equipment stuffed in in which is why blood probably dripped so much when transported by DB outside Victim's house.

The perp's second fb: Dave Bon

Lots of untrue information in his intro.

His multiple social media accounts scream ‘dodgy’ to me. None of them so far advertise his actual bread and butter job either. Just something I find odd as presumably he was self employed so would have to advertise locally and FB can be a good way to do that. JMO.

I was just thinking about the "some years ago" text sent to OG's husband.

Remember at the time, many of us thought it sounded like a line from Law and Order or something straight out of a movie script? Turns out (from DB's Fbook), he fancies himself as a script writer. Not a very good one.

JMO, MOO, IMHO, et al.

ETA parenthesis
DB's anger seems so much targeted at husband, since texts sent to husband in my opinion. I just don't see victim writing "GET A NEW HANDYMAN" note on fridge. That's just bizarre especially with teens at home who most likely are in and out of fridge throughout day seeing note. Maybe husband wrote note or it was DB who seemed to have pattern of writing notes to woman. I still wonder why DB was given permission to enter Victim's home after 12:20am. I wonder if spare key was used because police did selectively disclose spare key in BBQ, so perhaps key was missing at time of murder? If DB entered in house without prior approval of victim, it would be reasonable for Victim to want to talk to DB in basement, so DB does not wake son and disclose Mom having affair with DB. Kitchen knife- how did DB get kitchen knife without victim knowing in advance? Since DB's boots were bloody, there had to have been lots of blood at that house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back