GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll have to say that the height thing was never a factor to me when all we had was the grainy videotape of someone dragging the bag.

I'm 5' nothing, but I'm a woman. However, in a quarter of a century teaching 8th graders, I've had students that were shorter than me (desperately awaiting their growth spurt if they were boys) and students over 6' tall.

<modsnip>

What's a little more bewildering to me is that Bonola needs a Spanish translator. He's been in America for 21 years. He definitely knows enough English or he would have more trouble picking up handyman work as he would be expected to follow directions as to what's needed.
He could have been part of a work crew that is common around here...the contractor knows what needs to be done and someone translates to the work crew. But that is usually with new immigrants who know no English and are looking for work.

He was able to curse in English at the media in response to questions shouted in English.

I'm assuming that since this is a legal situation, he's being given the chance for an interpreter just because it will be easier for him to revert to his native language and the lawyers on both sides will want nothing to be misunderstood by him.

Jmo
I know plenty of Spanish curse words! Courtesy of kitchen cooks! LOL.

He was still a customer buying products.
I guess they just treated him as a "weirdo".

I am curious if someone can be forced to leave, or banned from, a public establishment for displaying off putting behavior, if no "laws" are broken?

Maybe a direct confrontation with authorities might lead to someone crossing that line legally? I suspect there might be no bearing on the tragic outcome here either way, and I'm certainly not trying to live in a Minority Report-ish world.

Unfortunately, I would just guess those working in a customer-facing service industry might have to put up with this type of behavior (sadly) all the time, if no laws or establishment rules are broken.

I'd be tempted to ask how often next time I'm in one, but then I might make the unofficial list :confused:

Something seems a little off by these affair claims. Based off what occurred with the Starbucks employees and the fact he openly commented on her FB page. I've seen this before guys commenting on women's posts, pics that they don't really know or know offhandedly.

he probably pays his bills with money he earns as a handyman. Handymen can make great money, especially in a place like NY where tradesman and contractors are frankly too busy to deal with homeowners “honey do” lists.

I hate that it could be coming across like I’ve been defending a murderer, but some of the misconceptions and negative comments about this creep are really bothersome to me. Imo hate him because he brutally murdered a mother while her son was upstairs and left her kids without a mom, not because of his blue collar profession and the way he looks. Jmo

this comment isn’t directed at you, I’m just speaking in general

Couldn’t like or agree with this comment more, let’s judge this guy on his actions not his looks or financial circumstances

Orsolya Gaal murder suspect David Bonola is in the US illegally, law enforcement sources say - FOX News
<snipped>
Bonola moved to the United States from Mexico 21 years ago, police officials said Thursday. They would not comment regarding the 44-year-old's immigration status at the time. But two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the matter told Fox News Digital that Bonola was in the country in violation of immigration law. Details of whether he entered the U.S. legally were not immediately available.

Meanwhile, a representative for Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz's office told Fox News Digital she was unaware of Bonola's immigration status on Friday afternoon.

Something seems a little off by these affair claims. Based off what occurred with the Starbucks employees and the fact he openly commented on her FB page. I've seen this before guys commenting on women's posts, pics that they don't really know or know offhandedly.
I think we can trust the police in regard to the affair. They likely found plenty of electronic proof. They even said that the affair restarted at the beginning of April but then ended.

ETA: It was reported that in her disappearance in 2020 her husband tracked down her phone to the Jamaica neighborhood, but she wouldn't speak to him. The perp's address is in Jamaica. The husband could have known that.

Last edited:
Question for fellow WSers. I seem to recall that "the handyman" visited the scene a day or so later to express his regards to OGs husband since he had "heard the news". I can't seem to find the article anywhere so thought I'd ask... does anyone remember this? I'd love the MSM if you have it available. I don't think I imagined this. TIA

Question for fellow WSers. I seem to recall that "the handyman" visited the scene a day or so later to express his regards to OGs husband since he had "heard the news". I can't seem to find the article anywhere so thought I'd ask... does anyone remember this? I'd love the MSM if you have it available. I don't think I imagined this. TIA
Perhaps you're referring to their electrician who spoke to the media. He's a different guy.

I am curious if someone can be forced to leave, or banned from, a public establishment for displaying off putting behavior, if no "laws" are broken?

Maybe a direct confrontation with authorities might lead to someone crossing that line legally? I suspect there might be no bearing on the tragic outcome here either way, and I'm certainly not trying to live in a Minority Report-ish world.

Unfortunately, I would just guess those working in a customer-facing service industry might have to put up with this type of behavior (sadly) all the time, if no laws or establishment rules are broken.

I'd be tempted to ask how often next time I'm in one, but then I might make the unofficial list :confused:
I can't speak for all states but in mine, yes, they can. We have a homeless guy that loves to sit and sip his Starbucks espresso in those tiny demitasse cups. He is also a PITA. He's been known to harass customers from just bugging them (nothing serious) to being obnoxious. He was recently thrown out for harassing customers, and banned permanently from my local Starbucks for sleeping on the patio, after being asked not to, and going on a tirade against the staff at 5am for asking him again not to. Not sure any laws were broken there, but if someone is driving off customers, and/or staff/customers feels at risk, then they apparently can.

Last edited:
david-bonola-pol-jef-220422_1650642117827_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Mom dumped in son's hockey bag had throat slashed, asked suspect to leave multiple times - ABC News (go.com)
''The New York City mother of two whose body was found inside a duffel bag had asked her alleged killer to leave her house "multiple times" before she was stabbed to death, according to prosecutors.

The suspect, handyman David Bonola, was arrested early Thursday, days after he allegedly stabbed Orsolya Gaal over 50 times, slashed her throat and dumped her body in her son's hockey bag, the NYPD said.''

"Two boys are left without a mother and a young teenager faces the added trauma of being home when this heinous murder took place," Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said.''

''He was placed on suicide watch at the request of his defense attorney and is due back in court next week.''

Orsolya Gaal murder suspect David Bonola is in the US illegally, law enforcement sources say - FOX News
<snipped>
Bonola moved to the United States from Mexico 21 years ago, police officials said Thursday. They would not comment regarding the 44-year-old's immigration status at the time. But two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the matter told Fox News Digital that Bonola was in the country in violation of immigration law. Details of whether he entered the U.S. legally were not immediately available.

Meanwhile, a representative for Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz's office told Fox News Digital she was unaware of Bonola's immigration status on Friday afternoon.
Uh-oh. So? Does he get deported or what?
My mind flashes to, then returns under an alias and begins to stalk the "rest of the family"...
Too much ID tv. Lol
MOO

Between the bolded statement above, and this statement from the DailyMail article above,

After being arrested, he made a calm confession to the police and then ate a bagel with cream cheese, according to The New York Post.

I believe we are seeing the first moves in a planned insanity defense coming in this case. JMO
I don't know what qualifies as insanity, but this perp is definitely left of center, IMHO. It makes the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up just to read about this case. Maybe it's because I have a really good set of sharp kitchen knives myself. Maybe it's the brazen way he stuffed her body in a bag and rolled it down the street for 5 blocks, leaving a trail of blood all the way. Maybe it's the careless way he discarded his boots and jacket. I wasn't the first poster to characterize him as "sloppy", but beyond that, his behavior is bizarre to say the least. I am so glad that he is in custody, but so sorry for OG's family. JMHO.

<snipped>

This doesn't surprise me at all. I had a feeling he's been living under the radar for years. So what happens to him now?

No way I believe she was having an intimate relationship with this guy. I was shocked when I saw his picture. Everybody said she was sweet and kind. People like that often have a hard time being rude, and some guys don't brush off easily. He strikes me as the type and most likely wanted to rub salt in the wound of her husband by making it sound as though he were her true love. This guy is dumber than dirt and looks like dirt, too. Just can't envision this on any level.
the police said they were. they wouldnt have released that if it wasnt true. they would have said "he claims"

I was just thinking about the "some years ago" text sent to OG's husband.

Remember at the time, many of us thought it sounded like a line from Law and Order or something straight out of a movie script? Turns out (from DB's Fbook), he fancies himself as a script writer. Not a very good one.

JMO, MOO, IMHO, et al.

ETA parenthesis

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice