NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m leaning towards an angry former nanny or cleaning lady.

The image of the suspect from the video footage looks female.

I cannot see an angry ex Nanny or cleaning lady coming around at that time of night or have murdered her and cleaned up without the son being aware. They would have needed a change of clothes and shower before leaving the house with the hockey bag.

That text was just to make it appear there is a suspect that hated her very much. Appears to be a crime of passion to me. If she was cheating and husband suspected, he would know if he pretended to be out of town, or was our of town, that would be a perfect opportunity to catch her doing something she shouldn't.
Conversely, maybe hubs is the cheater and revenge was taken on wife? Very young gf that does not drive? Dog knew intruder? Gf knew his name/phone number for threat from her phone?.
Do we know why OG disappeared 2 years ago?

Also, one would know that OG would fit into the hockey bag if they had fit themselves in at some point to compare.

I have a theory; the killer was attempting to drag her body into Forest Park and it got too much and he/she abandoned her in that location. It seemed odd that the killer crossed over that big intersection with the body until I looked and saw the entrance to the park. When I 1st heard of a body found on Saturday morning I originally thought she was found in the park when I heard the location. I marked the entrance here. Also, the killer must have been familiar with the area. Just a thought....speculating.

If I had just slaughtered someone, and was carrying a bloody corpse in a wheeled bag through the streets, the LAST place I'd head would be anywhere near Union Turnpike or the Jackie Robinson Parkway. As someone above posted, those are two heavily traversed highways. At 4:30 AM there would be plenty of traffic. People are going to an early work shift, coming home from a late work shift, coming home from a night on the town, or a dozen other scenarios. The killer also risked being run over. The Interboro (Jackie Robinson) is a twisty-turny highway that's a pain to drive, and if the killer crossed the parkway on foot, wearing dark clothing, he/she risked becoming a casualty.

There have to be at least 50 home or business cameras that caught these images, beyond the one we've seen.

the person in images shown dragging the bag appears to me to be carrying something about the size of a laptop or laptop case. It doesn't appear to be a weapon to me. I am undecided on sex or age or perpetrator. The image is too grainy for me to get a feel. Have we heard if there is anything at all missing from the home?

Could be. Maybe the sudden amount of traffic passing him freaked him out. I do believe it was mentioned earlier that that type of bag was on wheels, though? There's no way someone could drag that amount of weight if it wasn't. The bag would surely have ripped, it'd be a massively slow walk, raising suspicions, creating noise, etc.

Sloooow and loud. Wheels would have helped but it would not have been easy still. I'm familiar with those blocks. Not everyone keeps their sidewalks level and even.

the person in images shown dragging the bag appears to me to be carrying something about the size of a laptop or laptop case. It doesn't appear to be a weapon to me. I am undecided on sex or age or perpetrator. The image is too grainy for me to get a feel. Have we heard if there is anything at all missing from the home?

I am just hoping they did not kill the dog and that is what they are carrying.

Could be a weapon (knife) inside whatever the person is carrying. JMO.

If I had just slaughtered someone, and was carrying a bloody corpse in a wheeled bag through the streets, the LAST place I'd head would be anywhere near Union Turnpike or the Jackie Robinson Parkway. As someone above posted, those are two heavily traversed highways. At 4:30 AM there would be plenty of traffic. People are going to an early work shift, coming home from a late work shift, coming home from a night on the town, or a dozen other scenarios. The killer also risked being run over. The Interboro (Jackie Robinson) is a twisty-turny highway that's a pain to drive, and if the killer crossed the parkway on foot, wearing dark clothing, he/she risked becoming a casualty.

There have to be at least 50 home or business cameras that caught these images, beyond the one we've seen.

EXACTLY! Although, I don't even think this killer thought of crossing the Jackie Robinson with her body. I can't even drive it safely!

IMO there is no way the police don't have a clear(er) image of the perpetrator than the single security cam photo that is currently circulating given the sheer amount of doorbell cams/security cams/traffic cams along the alleged route.

Additionally, I believe the police probably already have a suspect(s) or else they would have put out additional photos/videos and issued a call for the public's assistance in identifying them, especially if they believed the perpetrator may still pose a threat to the public.

IMO there is no way the police don't have a clear(er) image of the perpetrator than the single security cam photo that is currently circulating given the sheer amount of doorbell cams/security cams/traffic cams along the alleged route.

Additionally, I believe the police probably already have a suspect(s) or else they would have put out additional photos/videos and issued a call for the public's assistance in identifying them, especially if they believed the perpetrator may still pose a threat to the public.
Agree. Gathering evidence to get an arrest warrant. JMO.

With that many stab wounds, the amount of blood must have not only been staggering but also made the knife incredibly slippery. I would think that even if the killer had gloves on that the killer would have also had some cuts or abrasions from the attack. It also seems like there were many defensive wounds so I would imagine that the killer also would have had scratches about the arms, body, and, very possibly, the face. This victim was possibly smallish in frame and stature but appears (from her FB posts) to be very fit and strong for her size.

Orsolya Gaal, NYC mom found stabbed to death in duffel bag: Timeline of events - FOX News (April 18, 4:07PM)
<snipped>
"The multiplicity of these wounds is such that it connotes personal anger to an extreme degree," Dr. Cyril Wecht, a leading forensic pathologist in Pittsburgh who is not connected to the investigation, told Fox News Digital Monday.

"When somebody kills somebody like this and inflicts 60 wounds, blunt force, sharp force injuries, they are really, really pi--ed off."

Orsolya Gaal, NYC mom found stabbed to death in duffel bag: Timeline of events - FOX News (April 18, 4:07PM)
<snipped>
"The multiplicity of these wounds is such that it connotes personal anger to an extreme degree," Dr. Cyril Wecht, a leading forensic pathologist in Pittsburgh who is not connected to the investigation, told Fox News Digital Monday.

"When somebody kills somebody like this and inflicts 60 wounds, blunt force, sharp force injuries, they are really, really pi--ed off."

Certainly seems that way.

The only other scenarios I can think of for such overkill is when someone is on one of those drugs that make you go crazy, like PCP or something. Or, someone who is into the occult. They sometimes do those ritualistic killings.

But all things taken together of what we know so far, it absolutely seems to be someone who knew her personally. Was this a slow, long-brewing grudge that exploded? Or was this an impromptu burst of rage?

We will know. Right now we are just guessing. We all have our theories, though.

RIP to a mother who died tragically.

The more I look at the still pics of the suspect with the hockey bag I think the suspect is wearing the hockey gear that was probably in the bag. Look at the shoulder angle. This is just crazy. It really looks like a kid to me. That is not a full grown adult and they are wearing shoulder pads.

Attachments

• 85CD1A83-3017-4A43-BA98-F4ED0822E75E.jpeg
    85CD1A83-3017-4A43-BA98-F4ED0822E75E.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 170
It goes without saying that it is strange to take the risk of rolling a bloody body bag down streets that have cameras and are not deserted. There would definitely be car traffic and likely at least some pedestrian traffic.

Also he or she rolled it that whole way, only to dump it in the open very close to the park? Must have gotten spooked or something happened. It wasn't much further to at least some bushes.

Also, I wonder if anyone connected to the family is into black metal. There is certainly a history of killings involved in the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member