NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what looks like fresh wood, as you did. But on satellite view, it looks as though those little garages are detached from the homes, so it doesn't seem like someone would be able to access the house from the garage (assuming I'm looking at the right section of the street).
I thought the fresh wood could mean the garage was locked when LE executed the search warrant and they forced their way into the garage looking for items. Speculation. JMO.

A timeline of events: Everything that happened before Orsolya Gaal’s body was found in a duffel bag - NY Post
<snipped & BBM>
Orsolya Gaal’s hubby Howard Klein called 911 around 7:21 a.m. May 29, 2020, to report his wife missing, telling cops she went for a walk around 12:30 a.m. and hadn’t returned, sources told The Post.

Klein, 53, told the emergency operator his wife wasn’t in their Juno Street house in Queens when he woke up that morning, sources said. Then he called back about 30 minutes later to say she’d been found, sources said.

[...]

After stuffing Gaal’s butchered remains into the duffle bag, the suspect dragged it from the side door of the family’s home and through the quiet neighborhood, leaving behind a trail of blood.

[...]

Police have been posted outside of the home, which is still wrapped in crime-scene tape, since the murder. Plain-clothes detectives were spotted hauling evidence from the property Monday afternoon, including a large iMac computer wrapped in a black plastic bag.

A timeline of events: Everything that happened before Orsolya Gaal’s body was found in a duffel bag - NY Post
<snipped & BBM>
Orsolya Gaal’s hubby Howard Klein called 911 around 7:21 a.m. May 29, 2020, to report his wife missing, telling cops she went for a walk around 12:30 a.m. and hadn’t returned, sources told The Post.

Klein, 53, told the emergency operator his wife wasn’t in their Juno Street house in Queens when he woke up that morning, sources said. Then he called back about 30 minutes later to say she’d been found, sources said.

[...]

After stuffing Gaal’s butchered remains into the duffle bag, the suspect dragged it from the side door of the family’s home and through the quiet neighborhood, leaving behind a trail of blood.

[...]

Police have been posted outside of the home, which is still wrapped in crime-scene tape, since the murder. Plain-clothes detectives were spotted hauling evidence from the property Monday afternoon, including a large iMac computer wrapped in a black plastic bag.

Per the same article, it seems she once posted a picture (undated per the article) to Facebook of her shadow while on a late-night walk. Was she in the habit of going walkabout at night? This is how she might have encountered someone who eventually killed her?

In reference to the garage door looking damaged, where did it happening in the basement come from? The doors were locked and no forced entry according to whats been said. Maybe she never made in the house.

Jmo

Per the same article, it seems she once posted a picture (undated per the article) to Facebook of her shadow while on a late-night walk. Was she in the habit of going walkabout at night? This is how she might have encountered someone who eventually killed her?
It seems she was, as apparently she once briefly disappeared on one of those late night walks, and her husband reported her missing.

Even so, it makes little sense for her to encounter someone, this person to enter her house and murder her, then leave the house with her body, then apparently return to send that text (assuming the phone was found in the home).

In that photo, can I see a light outline of their right arm across the front of their body, and they’re using both hands to drag the heavy bag? There is a dark shape on both the right and left side where their upper arms would be, maybe a shirt with dark colored sleeves? MOO

edit- almost looks like I can see a dark line (a watch?) on the right arm where the wrist would be if it’s folded across/ in front of their body?
I think it looks a bit like a letterman style jacket. ??

In reference to the garage door looking damaged, where did it happening in the basement come from? The doors were locked and no forced entry according to whats been said. Maybe she never made in the house.

Jmo
I'm speculating LE found blood in the basement leading them to conclude that is where she was attacked.

It seems she was, as apparently she once briefly disappeared on one of those late night walks, and her husband reported her missing.

Even so, it makes little sense for her to encounter someone, this person to enter her house and murder her, then leave the house with her body, then apparently return to send that text (assuming the phone was found in the home).

I am quite honestly floored by the text. Why drag the body out of the house and then say "I'm coming after the rest of you"? It doesn't make any sense at all. I've tried to fit it in, but it just won't.

The only reason I bring up the photo is that she might have struck up some sort of -for lack of a better term- "friendship" with a fellow walker...this person would then maybe target her. If it was a casual acquaintance of the sort one strikes up with fellow joggers, walkers, etc., removing the body neither helps nor hinders identifying them. Right?

I know it's not really relevant, but I don't think the bag has red trim. I think it has all white trim that is just blood soaked.

In first bag picture you can see Orsolya's jeans, part of the waist - there's a loop for a belt
In the 2nd pic, there is red lining on the bag, but also a lot of blood staining - based on first picture, 2nd picture would be where Orsolya's head was

Moo

I am quite honestly floored by the text. Why drag the body out of the house and then say "I'm coming after the rest of you"? It doesn't make any sense at all. I've tried to fit it in, but it just won't.

The only reason I bring up the photo is that she might have struck up some sort of -for lack of a better term- "friendship" with a fellow walker...this person would then maybe target her. If it was a casual acquaintance of the sort one strikes up with fellow joggers, walkers, etc., removing the body neither helps nor hinders identifying them. Right?
That's why I'm focused on the killer being close to home. You remove the body to create distance between you and the crime. The text would be sent to throw off authorities.

That's pretty advanced for a young person though, although parts of it fit (taking a massive risk by moving the body).

I want to know if the text message in the Pix11 broadcast is presented verbatim, as the grammar seems like that of an adult.
7529987F-1AC4-43F6-9648-8A14D152BF37.jpeg

Queens mom found dead in duffle bag was stabbed dozens of times | PIX11

purely IMO -- but i've had some experience with people not coming home until ridiculously late hours unexpectedly, and their intentions were never good. pure speculation, but i'd bet her late night walks were, in fact, rendezvous missions with someone within walking distance -- <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

I wondered if the phone was found with the body. One of the people who had dogs who alerted to the bag was said to have found a spot with police that had pools of blood. The killer may have taken her out of the house, gotten her to a point, rested and used her phone to make the texts and determined to go further with her before abandoning the task. See article below:

Orsolya Gaal's body found in blood-soaked duffel bag in Queens

When he opened the bag he saw a foot and then a hip, still attached, he said.

“But to me it looked a mannequin,” he said. “It didn’t look very fleshy. It was more like a crash test dummy. I thought it was maybe some equipment being used for something. I didn’t think anything of it.”

Then, Van Nostrand said, he saw black, ankle-length jeans, a belt and a woman’s waist. He didn’t see the blood on the other side of the bag until after he had opened it, he said. The body was in the fetal position, he said, adding that the bag had wheels.

“I thought, ‘Oh, my goodness,’ and called police at 8:05 a.m. and said there’s a body in this bag,’” he said.

Once detectives arrived, Van Nostrand dropped his dogs off at home before going down to the precinct to give a full report. But while he was trying to walk home, his dogs had other ideas.

“They kept pulling me,” he said.

The dogs led him to a spot about 100 yards from where the body in the bag was found, on Metropolitan Avenue near the Jackie Robinson Parkway, where patches of apparently fresh blood were found.

“Some of the cops followed me and the dogs to it,” he added.

Sources confirmed the duffel bag had been leaking blood, and that authorities were investigating a blood trail in the area that led to the Juno Street home.

“It’s shocking,” Van Nostrand said. “My personal feeling is a broken heart for whoever this is. My heart was in my throat the entire time.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member