NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
purely IMO -- but i've had some experience with people not coming home until ridiculously late hours unexpectedly, and their intentions were never good. pure speculation, but i'd bet her late night walks were, in fact, rendezvous missions with someone within walking distance <modsnip>

That's what I was wondering.

When I'm outside working in the garden or getting the mail, I usually nod or greet people who are out walking their dogs, etc. This is during the day. We're not friends, we're neighbors and barely acquaintances. It's civil, right?

But when you like to walk late at night, there's a chance that it might be interpreted by someone who shares the habit as something more?

We women of a certain age have trouble sleeping sometimes, and I'd never think to go out late at night for a walk, but it's possible this was something she did to relieve stress or to work around insomnia. What she did in that time, who she met, that's unknown, but it might factor in?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I'm focused on the killer being close to home. You remove the body to create distance between you and the crime. The text would be sent to throw off authorities.

That's pretty advanced for a young person though, although parts of it fit (taking a massive risk by moving the body).

I want to know if the text message in the Pix11 broadcast is presented verbatim, as the grammar seems like that of an adult.
View attachment 340315

Queens mom found dead in duffle bag was stabbed dozens of times | PIX11

It was very specific as to a previous address, again possibly to create distance from the present time and possible triggering motive, and the crime scene itself. An adult, a very articulate young person? I don't know. The text seems an elaborate detail.

It was very specific as to a previous address, again possibly to create distance from the present time and possible triggering motive, and the crime scene itself. An adult, a very articulate young person? I don't know. The text seems an elaborate detail.

I'm still leaning towards an articulate young person, but it does give me slight pause.

I really don't think we're going to be waiting much longer for the answer here.

I've been here at WS for the past 13 years and have followed crime stories for many more years, but each new story seems more gruesome than the last.
This one is beyond the pale. But then again, too many others have been too.

Poor lady... May she rest in peace now.

I don't think her late night walks had anything to do with her murder. Per the PIX 11 coverage cited by another sleuth (unfortunately it was a live broadcast so I can't link directly to it) and the full text message sent by the perpetrator, it sounds like the suspect is someone who used to work for the family at their old address (which would mean they haven't worked for them in over 9 years, as they moved into the Juno Street house in 2012).

Attachments

• 665DC16B-FA34-4F66-858D-BB81430019DE.jpeg
    665DC16B-FA34-4F66-858D-BB81430019DE.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 45
They have footage of the killer walking from OG's house. Surely they also have footage of the killer walking away from the body. Where did the killer go? That should help to rule out certain suspects. For example, the police claim the 13-yr-old son never left the house overnight. Did they have footage confirming no one went into the house after the killer left OG's house? If the son was involved, the cameras should have shown him re-entering the home in the early morning hours, unless he had the sudden foresight to try to hide from cameras, which seems unlikely. Thoughts?

It seems she was, as apparently she once briefly disappeared on one of those late night walks, and her husband reported her missing.

Even so, it makes little sense for her to encounter someone, this person to enter her house and murder her, then leave the house with her body, then apparently return to send that text (assuming the phone was found in the home).
Everything about the reports of this just seem preposterous

I’m still really curious about her son going missing in 2004. Maybe it’s just a rumor/bad reporting. But if it’s true, I wonder who had him while he was missing. Probably unrelated, but odd nonetheless.

I'm still leaning towards an articulate young person, but it does give me slight pause.

I really don't think we're going to be waiting much longer for the answer here.

An articulate young person is my thought as well. The fact that so much has been done to create distance from the time and place gives me the creeps...

I don't think her late night walks had anything to do with her murder. Per the PIX 11 coverage cited by another sleuth (unfortunately it was a live broadcast so I can't link directly to it) and the full text message sent by the perpetrator, it sounds like the suspect is someone who used to work for the family at their old address (which would mean they haven't worked for them in over 9 years, as they moved into the Juno Street house in 2012).
If the person only worked at the old address how would he/she know where they kept the spare key at the current home? I think the reference to the old address is a red herring. Why put that in and give more info about your identity? JMO.

Well, I wasn't expecting to see pictures of the actual bag with a blood-stained sheet over it. I know it must be difficult for police to exclude people videoing these days but there seem to be a lot of personnel there. Would it not be the first thing you do, to screen that off?
Everything that happened before Orsolya Gaal's body was found in a duffel bag
And the article says that the husband stated to police, when he reported her missing, that Orsolya had gone on a walk?
How did he know that she had gone on a walk? Again, probably bad reporting but again it seems as if someone is trying to distance what happened away from the house.

That's what I was wondering.

When I'm outside working in the garden or getting the mail, I usually nod or greet people who are out walking their dogs, etc. This is during the day. We're not friends, we're neighbors and barely acquaintances. It's civil, right?

But when you like to walk late at night, there's a chance that it might be interpreted by someone who shares the habit as something more?

We women of a certain age have trouble sleeping sometimes, and I'd never think to go out late at night for a walk, but it's possible this was something she did to relieve stress or to work around insomnia. What she did in that time, who she met, that's unknown, but it might factor in?

She might have been walking at night because she was worried about Covid.

Well, I wasn't expecting to see pictures of the actual bag with a blood-stained sheet over it. I know it must be difficult for police to exclude people videoing these days but there seem to be a lot of personnel there. Would it not be the first thing you do, to screen that off?
Everything that happened before Orsolya Gaal's body was found in a duffel bag
And the article says that the husband stated to police, when he reported her missing, that Orsolya had gone on a walk?
How did he know that she had gone on a walk? Again, probably bad reporting but again it seems as if someone is trying to distance what happened away from the house.
I believe that's a reference to him reporting her missing 2 years ago -- in 2020. JMO.

That's why I'm focused on the killer being close to home. You remove the body to create distance between you and the crime. The text would be sent to throw off authorities.

That's pretty advanced for a young person though, although parts of it fit (taking a massive risk by moving the body).

I want to know if the text message in the Pix11 broadcast is presented verbatim, as the grammar seems like that of an adult.
View attachment 340315

Queens mom found dead in duffle bag was stabbed dozens of times | PIX11
And why would it say "when living near Austin Street in Forest Hills" - why not explicitly mention the street they lived on then? "When you lived on XYZ Street in Forest Hills"? Or is Austin Street where the supposed author of the text messages lived then? Either way, I'm not convinced that someone from her past from perhaps some sort of lawsuit or crime is the perp, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001