NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not even be true. She might have never sent anyone to jail and the killer tried to come up with an alternate suspect in the spur of the moment. The "you sent me to jail and now I'm getting revenge" narrative sounds straight out of Law and Order, it may or may not have any basis in reality.

It seems awfully specific and I believe the husband said he received the text - unless I read incorrectly...

Exactly, I'm not insinuating that just because of the text that it had to be said person, but instead, someone who knew about it at all...I haven't been able to find anywhere that proves this was common knowledge, so that was more of what I was getting at...
I see what you are saying.

Investigation continues into Queens duffel bag murder mystery - ABC7 NY
<snipped & BBM>
The victim was out with female friends in Manhattan Friday night, while her husband was out of town with the couple's oldest son. She returned home, went to a local Forest Hills restaurant, was there alone, and either met her killer as she was leaving or when she was at home.

[...]

Police said the victim had the numbers of three men in her cell phone, and detectives are specifically looking to talk one of those men.

He is not a suspect, a person of interest or in custody.

The man has familiarity with the victim's home and may have had a way to access it.

He has a prior history with the victim that fits the current narrative and makes him interesting to detectives.

Queens is different than the other boroughs. In the city, which is what New Yorkers call Manhattan, lower Manhattan is from Colonial times and has its own geography and place names (Wall St, Water St, Maiden Lane etc). Above that is mainly a grid. If you were going to meet someone in midtown, say Lexington Ave and E. 34th St., you'd say "Lex and 34th."

But even though I've lived in NYC all my life, I get lost in Queens. My aunt and uncle used to live on 75th Ave. in Queens, but there's also a 75th St. and a 75th Road, and not always near each other, and before GPS I was always lost. You have to be specific in Queens because the numbered streets often have street, avenue and road. But Austin St. was near their home and it was always called Austin Street.

What I find odd about the text is the part that says "near Austin St. in Forest Hills." Even though you have to be specific in Queens, Austin St. already means Forest Hills. That sounds to me like someone who was in her life long ago, and trying to jog her husband's memory.

Jmo

yes! My husband lived in Forest Hills Gardens for almost 40 years. Never once have I heard anyone refer to "Austin Street" as "Austin". It's not the same as "Lex, Houston, Broadway" etc.

A mother in New York City was found stabbed to death near her Queens home, and her husband reportedly says that he received threatening messages over the weekend.

“Your whole family is next,” said one message, according to WPIX.
[snip]
NYPD spokesperson Officer Cannon, who declined to give her first name, told Law&Crime that officers responded to a 911 call of a suspicious bag just after 8 a.m. on April 16. Authorities found the 51-year-old victim unconscious and unresponsive at the corner of Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway. EMS declared her dead at the scene.
[snip]
Gaal’s husband told cops he got threatening text messages over the weekend, “sources close to the case” said, according to CBS News. High-ranking authorities reportedly have not seen those texts for themselves.

Cannon told Law&Crime that she cannot confirm the texts. That is part of the ongoing investigation, she said.
Husband Received Threatening Texts Like 'Your Whole Family Is Next' After Wife Was Found Stabbed Dozens of Times in Duffel Bag, Report Says

So, is it malarkey from the husband? The news sources that are reporting it? I'm seriously asking.
From that same Daily News article (which I know, we are to take with a grain of salt, as well as the NYP).
On Saturday, Gaal's husband Klein told The New York Post: '[My son] Leo is safe. Thank God [my son] is safe. There are concerns about our safety. Our lives are at risk.'

A mother in New York City was found stabbed to death near her Queens home, and her husband reportedly says that he received threatening messages over the weekend.

“Your whole family is next,” said one message, according to WPIX.
[snip]
NYPD spokesperson Officer Cannon, who declined to give her first name, told Law&Crime that officers responded to a 911 call of a suspicious bag just after 8 a.m. on April 16. Authorities found the 51-year-old victim unconscious and unresponsive at the corner of Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway. EMS declared her dead at the scene.
[snip]
Gaal’s husband told cops he got threatening text messages over the weekend, “sources close to the case” said, according to CBS News. High-ranking authorities reportedly have not seen those texts for themselves.

Cannon told Law&Crime that she cannot confirm the texts. That is part of the ongoing investigation, she said.
Husband Received Threatening Texts Like 'Your Whole Family Is Next' After Wife Was Found Stabbed Dozens of Times in Duffel Bag, Report Says

Thank you for posting this...

<snipped & BBM>
The victim was out with female friends in Manhattan Friday night, while her husband was out of town with the couple's oldest son. She returned home, went to a local Forest Hills restaurant, was there alone, and either met her killer as she was leaving or when she was at home.

[...]

Police said the victim had the numbers of three men in her cell phone, and detectives are specifically looking to talk one of those men.

The man has familiarity with the victim's home and may have had a way to access it.

He has a prior history with the victim that fits the current narrative and makes him interesting to detectives.

So, she returned home after Lincoln Center w/ her GFs, and then went back out to the bar to poss meet him.

I wonder if the home at about 11 pm previously reported refers to the first time she came home or the second time, after she left the bar.

So, is it malarkey from the husband? The news sources that are reporting it? I'm seriously asking.
From that same Daily News article (which I know, we are to take with a grain of salt, as well as the NYP).
On Saturday, Gaal's husband Klein told The New York Post: '[My son] Leo is safe. Thank God [my son] is safe. There are concerns about our safety. Our lives are at risk.'
I think it's very likely the husband received the text. I just think the text itself is a ruse. IMO

ETA: Just to be clear, I'm not in anyway implying the husband had anything to do with any of this. He was away on a trip with his son and with the info we have at this time I consider him a victim in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if the (supposed) meeting at the bar was a set up, a "test" that she "failed" which angered someone enough to violently murder her?
I have to admit, I've wondered this myself...and why I am so caught up on the text the husband received...hope I don't get ding'd for posting this. :oops:

Edited to add:
I self reported. I understand that certain people are not at this time POI's or suspects, but, I believe a healthy bit of speculation on this might be reasonable...

<snipped & BBM>

[...]

IMHO: Police want to talk to this person to verify misdirection provided by actual killer.

What I find odd about the text is the part that says "near Austin St. in Forest Hills." Even though you have to be specific in Queens, Austin St. already means Forest Hills. That sounds to me like someone who was in her life long ago, and trying to jog her husband's memory.

To my ear it sounds like something a foreigner, or someone who's not a native New Yorker, might say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member