NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I don't think the person being referenced is responsible, but the police haven't stated that the person being alluded to was alone that night, just that they never left the house. The fact that the police identified a person of interest but haven't released a name suggests a need to tread carefully, which points toward extenuating circumstances. MOO.

Re: the need to tread carefully, I agree 100%. That’s why I phrased my post to say that the evidence suggested a specific scenario being an obvious fit. But I have learned the hard way recently that crimes or missing persons reported on the news don’t always paint the full picture and can often be misleading. I had someone very close to me go missing, and due to the suspicious and sudden circumstances of her disappearance, and due to what the police chose to report, it opened the door to rampant speculation that her husband was involved. And I don’t blame that speculation, because if I had been an outsider, I would have likely thought the same thing. But since I knew the family very closely and knew that there were elements of the case involving heavy anti-depressants, a recent traumatic death in the family, and even a hushed-up incident of self-harm in the past that murder was not going to be the outcome. And it wasn’t. So it’s likely in this case as well that there’s a lot we’re not aware of at this point to perhaps point the finger with 100% accuracy.

Some interesting wording in this NBC News article, referencing "residents" (plural) in the home:

New York mother found dead in duffel bag was stabbed 58 times, police sources say
<snipped & BBM>
No arrests have been made, but law enforcement sources say investigators have identified a person of interest who they hope to speak with in the ongoing investigation.

Residents at the home, including a 13-year-old were questioned by detectives, law enforcement sources said Saturday.

Re: the need to tread carefully, I agree 100%. That’s why I phrased my post to say that the evidence suggested a specific scenario being an obvious fit. But I have learned the hard way recently that crimes or missing persons reported on the news don’t always paint the full picture and can often be misleading. I had someone very close to me go missing, and due to the suspicious and sudden circumstances of her disappearance, and due to what the police chose to report, it opened the door to rampant speculation that her husband was involved. And I don’t blame that speculation, because if I had been an outsider, I would have likely thought the same thing. But since I knew the family very closely and knew that there were elements of the case involving heavy anti-depressants, a recent traumatic death in the family, and even a hushed-up incident of self-harm in the past that murder was not going to be the outcome. And it wasn’t. So it’s likely in this case as well that there’s a lot we’re not aware of at this point to perhaps point the finger with 100% accuracy.
All good points... and I'm sorry to read about your experience and your friend's and family members. We always have to remember here that we're not "sleuthing" with all the information. A photo or comment taken out of context of the thousands of pages of info the authorities have will always look very different.

It looks like a man not a teen now since I saw the video. I agree with the backpack and the shoulder looks normal now. Wow he is moving quickly and effortlessly.
I also noticed that it was said the suspect texted the Husband at 5am so that would be after he disposed of the body at the entrance to the park. Why though? Why take the body .5 miles on sidewalks in front of houses with LOUD wheels in a hockey bag just to leave it on the sidewalk out in the open???? It doesn’t make sense to me. Why not just leave it in the basement and send a text and leave?
Good post. I want to know where the phone ended up

Some interesting wording in this NBC News article, referencing "residents" (plural) in the home:

New York mother found dead in duffel bag was stabbed 58 times, police sources say
<snipped & BBM>
No arrests have been made, but law enforcement sources say investigators have identified a person of interest who they hope to speak with in the ongoing investigation.

Residents at the home, including a 13-year-old were questioned by detectives, law enforcement sources said Saturday.

I think this just means people who live there (I.e) dad and older son. Jmo

I think this just means people who live there (I.e) dad and older son. Jmo

That's what I thought at first, but it states police questioned them on Saturday (OG's body was discovered Saturday morning). It might very well just be poor wording, but from my understanding the older son and father were still on their way back to NYC at the time.

ETA: As of Sunday, the older son and father were still on their way back to NYC according to NBC New York.

That's what I thought at first, but it states police questioned them on Saturday (OG's body was discovered Saturday morning). It might very well just be poor wording, but from my understanding the older son and father were still on their way back to NYC at the time.

ETA: As of Sunday, the older son and father were still on their way back to NYC according to NBC New York.
Did they have a live-in housekeeper to account for the "other residents" phrase?

I have some thoughts on how she ended up in the basement. Several scenarios. Wondering if her laundry was in the basement or could she have been lured down there by a noise of some kind. 60 stab wounds. I haven't watched the video but if the person was a women or someone of small stature were a lot of the wounds superficial so it took many to kill her? Horrific! One person killed her but was someone else involved in the planning?

I am just curious...

How were authorities legally able to handcuff a 13 year old and take him in for questioning with no adult present? Why not interview him in the home first? I totally understand he probably looked like a good potential suspect, but did he say something to lead them to believe they had their guy? If he's innocent, how horrific. That implies that a housekeeper sleeping in her bed who didn't hear a thing on another floor would also be led away in cuffs if she happened to be in a home while a murder took place. What happened to "we need to bring you in for a few questions" first? Just curious.

The more I look at the still pics of the suspect with the hockey bag I think the suspect is wearing the hockey gear that was probably in the bag. Look at the shoulder angle. This is just crazy. It really looks like a kid to me. That is not a full grown adult and they are wearing shoulder pads.

I am glad I am not the only person who thought that. It may be just distortion and bad angle, but that is exactly how it looks, and I also think they look like they may be wearing a hockey helmet or bike helmet, and I am almost certain they are wearing shorts. Anyone know what the temp was there Saturday morning 4:30ish? JMO

I am glad I am not the only person who thought that. It may be just distortion and bad angle, but that is exactly how it looks, and I also think they look like they may be wearing a hockey helmet or bike helmet, and I am almost certain they are wearing shorts. Anyone know what the temp was there Saturday morning 4:30ish? JMO
About 57 degrees according to Wunderground's archive that is set to LaGuardia. Not freezing. Esp if someone is lugging around something heavy...

Attachments

• laguardia.png
    laguardia.png
    91 KB · Views: 2

Attachments

• 76572639-F95A-47CD-9B78-1D59C4E9258D.jpeg
    76572639-F95A-47CD-9B78-1D59C4E9258D.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 0ADEC3C6-5744-4E17-BEE1-A9AF1746832B.jpeg
    0ADEC3C6-5744-4E17-BEE1-A9AF1746832B.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 102
Status