NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And a NON-native or non-resident might do the same thing for a different reason.

Like, I’ve been to NYC once in my adult life, and I would just call Bowery “Bowery”, because I legitimately don’t know whether it’s street, ave, blvd etc.

Which makes the inclusion of “street” even weirder on some level.

haha great catch! It actually is just “The Bowery” (no noun) or Bowery when used in a sentence. Like Broadway

The only logical reason to transport the body is to create distance from the home.

...which makes no sense, especially when a trail of blood marks the entire path he took. That is the one thing I keep going back to over and over. How crazy is it to shove a blood-soaked body into a duffel bag and parade it though a neighborhood that almost anyone would have been able to assume was filled with doorbell and security cams, blood seeping out of the bag the entire time, and then ultimately drop it by a sidewalk where the first person or car that came by would surely spot it. And unless he washed up and changed clothes before leaving the house, he was almost surely covered in blood himself. The house had to look like a slaughterhouse already so why not just leave her there? There is no way he was able to clean that up enough to remotely conceal the fact that a brutal murder had taken place, even if he tried. This has all the markings of being one of the most bizarre cases I have ever followed here. JMO

Last edited:
Police Seek Killer of NYC Mom Stabbed 58 Times, Found in Duffel Bag – NBC Boston

A few interesting quotes from this article, BBM.

“Multiple law enforcement sources told NBC New York that a man who knew the victim and had access to her home on Juno Street has been identified as a person of interest.”

I’m interested what man would have access to her home outside of a family member. Perhaps a maintenance man, neighbor, or a love interest?

“No arrests have been made, and police are still unsure of a motive behind the killing.”

Interesting. This points to the text about having been locked up because of OG being a ruse, since the motive is unclear to police at this point.

“Sources told NBC New York that at around 5 a.m. Saturday the killer is believed to have sent Gaal's husband a threatening text message from her phone.”

The perpetrator must have held onto the phone (or returned to the crime scene) after abandoning the body, which was seen being moved around 4:30 a.m. It will be helpful to see from what location her cellphone pinged at 5 a.m. If the perpetrator returned to his home or somewhere familiar with the phone after abandoning the body, that will likely give him away.
What I'm curious about is where did the suspect go after abandoning the body? If there is video of him taking the body away from the home there must be video of where he went after leaving her body on the sidewalk in the hockey bag.
I'm sure LE has a great deal of video to go through and hopefully they'll get the answers they need to make an arrest.

I wonder what’s taking so long.
Investigations take time. I'm sure LE is working hard to find the answers to who killed Orsolya. When they make an arrest they want to make sure they have the right suspect and strong enough evidence to make a conviction stick. I'd hate to see a rush to judgement. JMO

... or it could have been somebody who cares about the son and didn't want him to find his mother's body.

Perhaps, but I would argue someone who cared a lot about the son wouldn’t kill his mother. The aftermath of the killing seems terribly sloppy. It’s hard for me to believe the killer would find a warm spot in his heart all of the sudden and try to tidy up out of kindness.

Just read that she was alone at a bar for 40 minutes - perhaps waiting for someone - then left and went home. Murdered on the first floor, then taken down to the basement. This just gets weirder and weirder. Why take the body to the basement, only to drag it back upstairs and out the door?

What I'm curious about is where did the suspect go after abandoning the body? If there is video of him taking the body away from the home there must be video of where he went after leaving her body on the sidewalk in the hockey bag.
I'm sure LE has a great deal of video to go through and hopefully they'll get the answers they need to make an arrest.
Me too! It would answer a whole bunch of questions. If there was a car parked and waiting by one of those access ramps, that would tell us a lot.

...which makes no sense, especially when a trail of blood marks the entire path he took. That is the one thing I keep going back to over and over. How crazy is it to shove a blood-soaked body into a duffel bag and parade it though a neighborhood that almost anyone would have been able to assume was filled with doorbell and security cams, blood seeping out of the bag the entire time, and then ultimately drop it by a sidewalk where the first person or car that came by would surely spot it. And unless he washed up and changed clothes before leaving the house, he was almost surely covered in blood himself. The house had to look like a slaughterhouse already so why not just leave her there? There is no way he was able to clean that up enough to remotely conceal the fact that a brutal murder had taken place, even if he tried. This has all the markings of being one of the most bizarre cases I have ever followed here. JMO
I know. The only thing I can think of is that the person wheeled her away from the home hoping the body would not be found for weeks and would be too decomposed for them to find evidence on (DNA, fingerprints, hair, whatever).

This is actually a really good point. You would think they'd a had a car somewhere and becuase there was so much blood from the crime itself you'd think there would be trails of foot prints etc somewhere on the sidewalk.

They found L[redacted] alone on the top floor of the residence. Neighbours reported that he was led away in handcuffs by police for questioning, before being released later and cleared of any involvement in the crime.

The New York Daily News reported that L[redacted] told investigators he didn’t know where his mother was.

Detectives found no signs of a break-in at the home, and believe the killer was known to Ms Gaal.

Officers have reportedly questioned another teenager who lives in the same Forest Hill neighbourhood.
Everything we know about the killing of Orsolya Gaal

BBM I read this article earlier but missed this line until just now.

This is the issue with sleuthing online. Using anything you find on social media as a means of info gets cluttered.
I only go by what LE states or what is in MSM. It helps me to clearly look at the situation and not be biased.
The things found on SM end up being mentioned in posts on the thread and then taken as fact.
I have read here for 14 years and see it with case after case. JMO.
I do agree and try to follow the rules. I will also say that MSM is a mess in this case. “Sources” are stating all kinds of conflicting information and there is very little actually known to be fact. OG was murdered, there is footage of an individual toting the hockey bag she was in, and her younger child was found in the home that morning. That’s about it.

^^BBM

I would say that it's likely he cleaned himself up somewhat, and even more likely that he changed his clothing.

Investigators believe Gaal’s killer entered the family’s home and killed her on the first floor and then took her body to the basement, sources said.
Slain Queens mom Orsolya Gaal sat alone at local bar before attack I would put more weight on the above if it was from someone named rather than just "sources" JMO

IF that is true, perhaps she was moved because the perp knew they were not alone in the house and that L was upstairs on the top floor and wanted to put distance between L and the body while perp cleaned theirself up or looked for something of interest (whatever was tucked under their arm on exit maybe).

I can't get past the dragging the body away from the home tho. It just makes zero logical sense. If you kill someone to intimidate or terrify another or others, you leave the body there for them to find. You don't kill someone, drag their body off in a very high risk way and then use their phone to send threats to others. It just doesn't track.

Investigations take time. I'm sure LE is working hard to find the answers to who killed Orsolya. When they make an arrest they want to make sure they have the right suspect and strong enough evidence to make a conviction stick. I'd hate to see a rush to judgement. JMO
I imagine it might take quite a bit of time to even just obtain video from houses along all of those streets, and then to comb through them carefully. Logistically speaking, do they knock door to door asking if they could get a copy? If homeowner isn't home, do they leave a letter?

Me too! It would answer a whole bunch of questions. If there was a car parked and waiting by one of those access ramps, that would tell us a lot.

That is my theory as to where he was headed w/ the duffel bag to dispose of her out of the area, but then saw blood was leaving a trail and had to abandon the bag and head to his vehicle without her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb