NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the texts message were more detailed.
Unless the texts are a red herring I don’t understand how the husband would not know who did this after getting these explicit texts.

According to WPIX, Klein – who founded financial advisory firm RK Equity – received a chilling text message from someone who warned, in part: "Your wife sent me to jail some years ago when you were living near Austin Street in Forest Hills. I'm back, don't call the police or I will kill your family."

Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal reportedly went missing briefly in 2020 as manhunt intensifies

What an horrific case

I'm from the UK. Is it common in America to release so much distinct information about a victim and immediate family. Especially the info. of her apparent disappearance a few months previously. I certainly feel that the police here don't really provide such specific knowledge.

Thank you

My observations and Opinion only.
Killing was spur of the moment.
Killing was rage induced.
Clean up was sloppy.
Clean up was not thought out
Perp was in experienced.
Text was a misdirection, killers do not out themselves usually.
Dumping of body was to distance themselves from the crime.
A hitman or vengeance killer would leave the body as is.
Perp had no means of transportation or could not drive.
Most killers would not take the chance of being seen by dragging body down the street.

Seems curious that the 13 year old was home to speak with OG about her plans for the evening, then he went upstairs and didn’t hear or see anything through the whole timeline of her murder on the first floor and dragging to the basement. Would the son not have come downstairs, found Mom not home and become concerned by her absence and at least alerted his dad? This must have been a very quiet murder inside the home, perhaps the son had on earphones that muted the event totally, or maybe he just stays to himself in his room for long periods such that he legitimately would not see blood droplets, hear movement, screaming, confrontation or whatever exactly occurred.

People keep asking about how the 13 year old didn't hear anything and many speculate that he is the one who did it. I assume the murder happened in the middle of the night. I don't understand why it's so hard to believe that he could have been asleep and simply heard nothing. We don't know where his bedroom is located at in the house and how far across the house it is from the entrance to the basement. I'm thinking he just simply slept through it. Plus I think LE would have been able to pin it was him by now cause of they would have found his bloody clothes. He is 13 he wouldn't have been able to go anywhere either to dispose of his clothes etc so it would be easy for them to figure out that he is the one who did it.

The motive for killing OG would probably influence how her body was treated after her death, i.e., staged for others to see her dead, concealed...or removed from the crime scene, as it was in this case. It's possible the extreme violence and her murder might have to do with the killer feeling something was unfair. After the murder, imo, the follow through of finding anything handy in the house to use to contain and transport her in seems like a continuation of the killing. The killer's murderous rampage ceased when they could no longer pull the bag down the street with her remains.

...which makes no sense, especially when a trail of blood marks the entire path he took. That is the one thing I keep going back to over and over. How crazy is it to shove a blood-soaked body into a duffel bag and parade it though a neighborhood that almost anyone would have been able to assume was filled with doorbell and security cams, blood seeping out of the bag the entire time, and then ultimately drop it by a sidewalk where the first person or car that came by would surely spot it. And unless he washed up and changed clothes before leaving the house, he was almost surely covered in blood himself. The house had to look like a slaughterhouse already so why not just leave her there? There is no way he was able to clean that up enough to remotely conceal the fact that a brutal murder had taken place, even if he tried. This has all the markings of being one of the most bizarre cases I have ever followed here. JMO

Tried to discreetly move the body. Spectacular fail.

You don’t know you're going to leave a trail of blood ... until you do. (Just ask O.J.) And someone with little life experience probably doesn't understand how difficult cleaning up a gory murder scene is. It's likely s/he tried and gave up.

Seems the texts message were more detailed.
Unless the texts are a red herring I don’t understand how the husband would not know who did this after getting these explicit texts.

According to WPIX, Klein – who founded financial advisory firm RK Equity – received a chilling text message from someone who warned, in part: "Your wife sent me to jail some years ago when you were living near Austin Street in Forest Hills. I'm back, don't call the police or I will kill your family."

Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal reportedly went missing briefly in 2020 as manhunt intensifies
How would the perp know where the family lived years ago if they were creating a false lead on the fly?

as far as 13 yr old L, I don't have trouble believing he didn't hear anything. my teen sons were always completely oblivious when gaming or focused on music or a movie. They have their headphones on and I could scream and holler the house down and neither of them would have noticed a thing.

I am still unsettled on this one. I don't really know who I suspect. I just know what doesn't add up to me. and not much about this case does. taken by itself tho. L not hearing anything untoward, that doesn't strike me as odd. One of the few things that doesn't.

Orsolya Gaal news - update: Person of interest ‘identified’ in hunt for killer who stabbed NY mother | The Independent
''Citing unnamed police sources, several news outlets reported the NYPD had identified a male who was known to Ms Gaal and had access to her Juno St home as a ‘person of interest’.''

''GRISLY MURDER IN QUEENS
  • Orsolya Gaal was stabbed nearly 60 times in the basement of her $2m home
  • The killer put her body in a duffle bag and wheeled it 800m to park
  • Cops traced blood trail back to family house
  • Son Leo, 13, was questioned and later released
  • Husband Howard Klein and eldest son Jamie, 17, were out of town''

I am curious not only what evidence was found in the residence, but what is missing. I suspect that the bag and weapon were in the home and not brought to the residence by the killer. I also suspect the very oversized hoodie looking thing being worn by the perp came from inside the home and was probably just used to cover up bloodied clothing and to further conceal identity from the casual observer.
Good observation. Possibly meaning it was not planned?

Also, $3500, wow, that will have the phone lines burning up... JMO

Sounds like a hollow gesture to me. It's my feeling they already know. The neighbors that know the family are very quite. They are devastated, of course. The neighborhood watch group that she belonged to went silent immediately on Saturday and cautioned all members to refrain from discussing events and spreading disinformation, and has since remained quite. The admin of the group is a good friend of OG's, works closely with LE, and lives 1 block over. I can't help but think they know. JMO, of course.

How would the perp know where the family lived years ago if they were creating a false lead on the fly?

I have always believed the text messages are real and took this killer at his word due to the extreme anger and violence it takes to stab someone almost 60 times and took zero effort to conceal the crime instead sending a text threatening the husband and giving info that would reveal his identity.

Seems curious that the 13 year old was home to speak with OG about her plans for the evening, then he went upstairs and didn’t hear or see anything through the whole timeline of her murder on the first floor and dragging to the basement. Would the son not have come downstairs, found Mom not home and become concerned by her absence and at least alerted his dad? This must have been a very quiet murder inside the home, perhaps the son had on earphones that muted the event totally, or maybe he just stays to himself in his room for long periods such that he legitimately would not see blood droplets, hear movement, screaming, confrontation or whatever exactly occurred.

My 13 year old puts his air pods in or headset on and wouldn’t hear me if I was looking at him yelling so it’s possible.

$3500 only. Wow. I feel like they have more information and surveillance footage that they obviously will let the public know of. Again today I had to drive that route on my way home. So many cameras on Union Tpk, Metropolitan and all the houses on the side streets the killer had to walk with the body. There’s absolutely no way the person evaded all of those cameras.

I have always believed the text messages are real and took this killer at his word due to the extreme anger and violence it takes to stab someone almost 60 times and took zero effort to conceal the crime instead sending a text threatening the husband and giving info that would reveal his identity.
And this person doesn't mind getting caught, but they don't want her son to find his mother murdered? If they deliberately brought attention to themselves, why don't they just surrender to police?

If she hadn't been murdered after leaving the bar alone, I would think perhaps she stopped in for a nightcap and wanted to unwind alone before returning home, but given that she was murdered, I believe that she was waiting there for the male who later killed her.

This leads me to believe that she absolutely did not want this male in her home. She was meeting him in a public place for a reason. Even if she knew him before, maybe, she no longer trusted him. This is safer, obviously.

After he is a no-show, she enters her home through the side door. The articles I read this morning state that he entered the home via the back door.

It's possible that while she is waiting for him at the bar, he has already entered her home without her knowledge and she is taken by surprise.

Why identify yourself if your plan is to harm the rest of the family? Your plan is to continue your rage. This is mostly seen in crime movies or in real life crime shows were the perp is misdirecting LE away from themselves.
This just screams panic after the rage.JMO.

In the wide open first reporting there were suggestions of targeted at presumed critic of Vladimir Putin. Under that scenario I saw MOO public dumping was part of intimidation campaign … coupled w diplomats’ lack of fear of arrest. No follow up on that lead in media so I presume it’s good as dead ? but still did at least have alt explanation for treatment of body

Last edited by a moderator:
If she hadn't been murdered after leaving the bar alone, I would think perhaps she stopped in for a nightcap and wanted to unwind alone before returning home, but given that she was murdered, I believe that she was waiting there for the male who later killed her.

This leads me to believe that she absolutely did not want this male in her home. She was meeting him in a public place for a reason. Even if she knew him before, maybe, she no longer trusted him. This is safer, obviously.

After he is a no-show, she enters her home through the side door. The articles I read this morning state that he entered the home via the back door.

It's possible that while she is waiting for him at the bar, he has already entered her home without her knowledge and she is taken by surprise.
Was the house unlocked, did the perp have a key or was he let in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member