NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster LE has put up seems to indicate that LE has fixed the time of death to around 12:30am. Which means the perp stayed around for 3-4 hours before they are filmed dragging the duffle down the street. Who could feel comfortable for 3-4 hours after just violently attacking someone? What do you do for 3-4 hours inside somebody house?

NYPD offers reward, continues hunt for killer who stabbed Queens mom Orsolya Gaal, left body in duffel bag
So someone could have actually followed her or lay in wait when she returned home that night?

Why is the reward so low?
I'm assuming there are hundreds (thousands?) of murders in the greater NYC area each month. I don't think they could post exorbitant amounts of money for rewards on everyone.
I'm pretty sure they don't want to make it look like Mrs Gaal's murder was worse (or more important) than the murder of other people in NY.

many people are not precise in their language, especially teenagers who often don't even want to talk to adults....if the son says that OG was going out for a date, he might have just pulled that out of his behind...maybe he didn't want to talk with the cops and just gave them some pat answers....and we all know, what some teenagers regard as "talking to " someone else can be just a "hmmm" or a quick "okay okay"....they get so annoyed at times even having to respond to a parent..

Cops want to question a man they believe had a past romantic relationship with slain Queens mom Orsolya Gaal and had specific knowledge of the family’s home, The Post has learned.

The man, who has not been formally identified as a person of interest or suspect in the gruesome slaying yet, is believed to have been seeing the 51-year-old married mother of two before the relationship ended, law-enforcement sources said.
NYC cops seek man they believe had affair with kiiled mom Orsolya Gaal

again with the "sources" pftt
this case is turning into one big hot mess of salacious speculation and I blame the media.

Only a hunch, but I believe the dog is deceased and NYPD has withheld that detail (among others) from the public.

I think the youngest would have eventually awakened in the early hours due to the dog's, at least eventual, frantic response to the activities in the home.

The dog could have been with the young son in his room and didn't hear anything.

Cops want to question a man they believe had a past romantic relationship with slain Queens mom Orsolya Gaal and had specific knowledge of the family’s home, The Post has learned.

The man, who has not been formally identified as a person of interest or suspect in the gruesome slaying yet, is believed to have been seeing the 51-year-old married mother of two before the relationship ended, law-enforcement sources said.

this case is turning into one big hot mess of salacious speculation and I blame the media.
I agree! It's really sad what has happened to "news" reporting. I guess we'll get the real story if & when there is a trial. MOO
ETA from your post: The man, who has not been formally identified as a person of interest or suspect in the gruesome slaying yet, is believed to have been seeing the 51-year-old married mother of two before the relationship ended, law-enforcement sources said.
He's not been identified as a POI or suspect. :rolleyes:

^^BBM

Except all of the leaks, and they have been non-stop in this case until the NYPD spokesperson attempted to shut it down today, have been from "Law Enforcement Sources," "Police Sources." The leaks have all come from inside LE to the media!

Last edited:

Agree, Not giving this any credence unless LE comes out directly and says so. Has not been formally identified as a POI or suspect will not stop the media from outing this guy and ruining his life if he is innocent.
I think LE is covering all their bases.

And a NON-native or non-resident might do the same thing for a different reason.

Like, I’ve been to NYC once in my adult life, and I would just call Bowery “Bowery”, because I legitimately don’t know whether it’s street, ave, blvd etc.

Which makes the inclusion of “street” even weirder on some level.

Lurker here, but wanted to chime in. People who live in Queens/Forest Hills refer to "Austin Street" as "Austin Street". No one calls it Austin. Not unusual at all to call it Austin Street.

If true, which it's hard to say given how all over the place the "leaks" have been in this case, I would expect there to be an arrest made soon, unless the suspect is no longer alive. At this point it's a waiting game.

And he would have had key access to the house? Knowledge of a hidden key? That just seems bizarre given she's married with 2 children. And an adult male dragged her away like that? Not buying it yet!

Any word on the dog? I'm still really curious about the dog. Don't ask why, it's probably just nothing. But...yeah...the dog.
I think it's safe to assume that the dog wasn't harmed. I think it would have been all over those online overly sensationalized media outlets if the dog had been hurt.[/QUOTE]
I was worried about the dog as well. There is some talk that the dog was not at home, possibly with a sitter as OG and son may have planned to join the others on the college visit trip. Hope that is where the dog was.

the dog:....the relevance is did the dog bark?...a dog close to its owner would be barking incessantly and even neighbors would probably hear it....was the dog at home?...when the cops got there, was the dog still in a panic?....

Only a hunch, but I believe the dog is deceased and NYPD has withheld that detail (among others) from the public.

I think the youngest would have eventually awakened in the early hours due to the dog's, at least eventual, frantic response to the activities in the home.

I agree. Our dog is not the sort to carry around, but she's very keen on our absences. I've gone out the front door to the mailbox while my husband is working in the garden, stayed out talking to someone for five or ten minutes, and the dog has gone to bark at my husband to let him know I'm not yet back.

Logic would be the son would have been awakened by the dog whining or barking in the morning, asking to be let out at least. That we've not heard about the dog makes me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper