NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it seems like patrick's mom is being arrested for stupid stuff as well as her family...its because they AREN'T cooperating with police the way they should be and until they come up with answers..the police are going to press them and hound them with simple arrests...it's a lot more to this story than what you're hearing in the media...

if it seems like patrick's mom is being arrested for stupid stuff as well as her family...its because they AREN'T cooperating with police the way they should be and until they come up with answers..the police are going to press them and hound them with simple arrests...it's a lot more to this story than what you're hearing in the media...

Someone else was arrested ?

If police feel that mom is involved, the best way to find Patrick would be to let her go, not arrest her. IMO. If she is responsible for taking him, she must have wanted him with her again. The best way to find him would be to let her go, let her get comfortable and think she is in the clear, and she will go to him. If she's not talking, arresting her won't help.

Someone else was arrested ?

Rodriguez was arrested last week for fighting

Then a couple of days later her aunt and cousins were arrested after the police did a search of their home and found weed.

Rodriguez was arrested last week for fighting

Then a couple of days later her aunt and cousins were arrested after the police did a search of their home and found weed.

I didn't see that. Do you have the link ?

Patrick has been added to AMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cops: Child Wanders Off, Possibly Abducted

Patrick Alford, a 7-year-old foster child who recently moved in with new foster parents, disappeared from his Spring Creek Development home in Starrett City, N.Y.

Patrick threatened several times to run away from his new home in order to find his biological mother. On Friday, Jan. 22, 2010, Patrick helped his foster mother take out the trash and disappeared while assisting with the chores.

Police say his foster mother was seen actively looking for Patrick in surveillance videos. Police believe Patrick may have run away and possibly come into harm's way.

Investigators are currently looking into many different outlets, hoping to uncover new leads into Patrick's disappearance. In the meantime, police are asking for the public to keep their eyes and ears peeled.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=71486

Patrick has been added to AMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cops: Child Wanders Off, Possibly Abducted

Patrick Alford, a 7-year-old foster child who recently moved in with new foster parents, disappeared from his Spring Creek Development home in Starrett City, N.Y.

Patrick threatened several times to run away from his new home in order to find his biological mother. On Friday, Jan. 22, 2010, Patrick helped his foster mother take out the trash and disappeared while assisting with the chores.

Police say his foster mother was seen actively looking for Patrick in surveillance videos. Police believe Patrick may have run away and possibly come into harm's way.

Investigators are currently looking into many different outlets, hoping to uncover new leads into Patrick's disappearance. In the meantime, police are asking for the public to keep their eyes and ears peeled.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=71486

They have surveillance of the foster mother looking for Patrick but none of him running/walking/or being carted away?

If they do, they aren't saying... :(

And I don't like it. It's like they're defending the foster mom by saying she was on surveillance looking for him. If she was seen, then he was seen and I want to know why they're not releasing information that might help to find him. They can worry about her later.

And I don't like it. It's like they're defending the foster mom by saying she was on surveillance looking for him. If she was seen, then he was seen and I want to know why they're not releasing information that might help to find him. They can worry about her later.

I agree 100% here! How could the foster mom be on surveillance and Patrick not be???? I thought there were no cameras in the building? What gives here? It doesn't make sense.

Salem

Brooklyn foster child Patrick Alford still missing as NYPD is mystified

Despite an exhaustive month-long police search, the disappearance of Brooklyn foster child Patrick Alford remains a drama-filled mystery.

[snip]

The pressure-packed investigation to find Patrick - which boasts a $12,000 reward - has been extensive.

Cops have interviewed some 14,000 people and searched 214 buildings, knocking on 9,100 doors near the East New York foster home and Rodriguez's Staten Island home, police sources said.

Seven registered sex offenders living near the foster family's apartment complex were interviewed, as were 28 bus drivers, employees of seven Brooklyn car services and 21 family members, friends and acquaintances.

Cops also analyzed 81 surveillance videos, including one from the Staten Island Ferry terminal in Manhattan that showed a boy fitting Patrick's description being led away by a woman. His family says it's not him.

Much more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/02/28/2010-02-28_boy_7_still_missing_city_cops_mystified.html

I have to say, it is very, very encouraging to hear about all of the efforts put forth to find Patrick.

It is also very, very discouraging that all of these efforts have not led to him. :(

Cops Mystified in Search for Missing Boy

More than a month after 7-year-old Patrick Alford disappeared from a Brooklyn foster home, police are running out of leads to follow.

[snip]

"The detectives checked all the junkyards. They went through every street and looked at all the video, and found no clues" an NYPD source told the Post, adding that "This could be another Etan Patz." In that tragic case a young boy is thought to have been abducted and murdered as he walked to catch the school bus in Manhattan.

More: http://gothamist.com/2010/02/28/cops_mystified_over_in_search_for_m.php

Police stumped in search for boy

Police are reportedly stumped and growing increasingly concerned that the case of a missing 7-year-old boy may be a repeat of the disappearance of Etan Patz who was snatched off the street by a stranger in 1979 and never seen again.

Police once suspected Patrick Alford’s mother took him from a foster home, but have reportedly ruled her out as a suspect after she passed a lie detector test. The foster parents were cleared as well.

More: http://www.metro.us/us/article/2010/03/01/02/5747-82/index.xml

I don't know about anyone else, but it made me *incredibly* upset to hear about Patrick being compared to Etan Patz. Patrick has been missing for a month, and to see that LE is comparing him to a child who has been missing without a trace for over 30 years is very disheartening. It looks like they are very seriously considering stranger involvement at this point.

:( Hoping so hard for you Patrick.

I don't know about anyone else, but it made me *incredibly* upset to hear about Patrick being compared to Etan Patz. Patrick has been missing for a month, and to see that LE is comparing him to a child who has been missing without a trace for over 30 years is very disheartening. It looks like they are very seriously considering stranger involvement at this point.

:( Hoping so hard for you Patrick.

I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach when I read they were comparing Patrick's disappearance to Etan's.

So disheartening. :(

And so hard to believe that no one saw a thing....but - I guess that's how predators do what they do....wait for those few seconds in time to grab their prey. :(

Prayers for Patrick that angels are watching over him - and that LE gets a break in this case.

while nothing has been established for certain, I never thought the foster mother was involved in this. Careless? yes. Involved in his disappearance? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24